General Thoughts: Agriculture (1 Viewer)

abrocornish

HSC
OMG!!! that was ridiculously hard.
did anyone understand the first 5 marker????

i left halfway thru in tears. my HSC is ruined..:worried:

im now dropping my expectations down lower. 97.55 was obviously not in my grasp...

help!!!

ellabie

HSC
Re: WTF! that was hard!!!

Are you serious?
I thought it was the easiest exam so far I think I aced it!

Cheers
x

kimberlin

HSC

It was do-able!

Except for that question regarding farm management for nutrition referring to an animal you've studied. I mooshed like 5 animals together =/

mountainman

HSC

Thank god I'm not the only one. I didn't do too well in paper 1 but I really, really stuffed up paper 2. I ended up writing too much on the first animal managment question and had no idea what to write for the 8 markers in animal managment or sustainable landmanagment. I only got about 2 pages for the 8 marker in animal managment.
I was really hoping for a band six so I'm a bit pissed off now to say the least. Ah well thats over now I've just got another 4 years of Ag at uni... then a lifetime of it....

Corx J

HSC
Yer, that was a very easy exam!!!!!! wasnt a hard question in the paper!!!!

Corx J

HSC
Hey class of 2008, my notes are for sale for $20!!! good price, considering the time put into them!!! 1 copy only, hand written, very neat, prime lamb as product study and have diary farm assignment aswell as other assesments!!!!

horses r cool

HSC
i thought the exam was easy like i only did paper one but i thought it was easier than expected. the other 2 in my class agreed.

jessikayo

HSC
hiii.
ive just started year 12 class of 2008. im currently doing agriculture.
since year 9 i have come first in my grade in every test and assigment.
for year 11 i got in the 80-90% range usually in the 90's for assigments and 80's for the tests.
how do you think i will go for the final exam.
any tips or pointers.
oh and is it easier to do the 2 exams
OR the 1st exam and the experiment task?

Samisfat

Fat holmesy
HSC
If you know what you want to do for the major and you have a rough knowledge of how to set the trial up go for it. I did the major and it felt goooood walking out of the exam while the others stayed behind to keep doin theirs. However the major is time consuming i spent hours and hours on it but i only did 10units so my workload wasnt heavy. Keep revising the syllabus and use examples(it is much easier to remember that way). Good luck for next year

gaj

HSC
I thought paper one was fairly easy, but i never know how much to right in paper 2 i was running out of time cos i wrote too much on innovation one so left eight marker and did sustainability question. i went back and finished it and all up the 8 marker was a page and a half. How many pages should they be

jessikayo

HSC
hey thanks for that.
any ideas fo the experimental trial?
i really want to do it???
cheers

mountainman

HSC
Be a bit hesitant doing the experimental trial. My teacher as good as told us not to do it, he said it is very hard to do well with. To do it well you need a lot of money and a hell of a lot more time than anyone in yr 12 has.
But if you do have your heart set on it go ahead. I've ofte wanted to conduct a flystrike trial sort of thing eg 50 unmulesed undocked control sheep, 50 docked and unmulesed sheep, 50 jetted sheep and 50 mulsed, docked jetted etc.
Also try to avoid doing the old "What fertilizer application works best" as it has been done to death. If you look at the standards packages (can't remember the link, but just type in arc bos into google) there are examples of experimental trals. Just remember to look at how much time you will have. I only did 10 units, but I would have never had the time to do a major task like this.
Good luck with whatever you do

Last edited:

horses r cool

HSC
hey good luck for next year i did the experiment and it didn't cost me a thing i had the use of of a friends farm and it really didn't take up that much time of mine anyway. our teacher wouldn't let us do the electives as it would have taken up a lot more time than the experiment took. i did The effect of the handling technique’s on the weight gain of cattle in an extensive grazing system
hope this helps i really enjoyed the experiment

shoegal1490

HSC
hm.. it was a boring exam.. too many experiments. honestly.. i felt like it had been written badly and didn't cover enough of the syllabus.

Samisfat

Fat holmesy
HSC
The cost is one thing you do need to consider. I did my experiment on the amount of dry matter produced by different varieites of sorghum, but i had the land and the materials to undertake the trial. I was starting out to do an experiment with cattle but when i thought it through there were too many variables and it would take too much time. I found that plants were easy to grow and measure. However do something your interested in so you dont get bored with it. Do an experiment that is relevant and show how it can be used in agriculture today, do something original ask around and get as much help as you can from the department of primary industries and people in the area. Good luck!

bend000

HSC
but they looked at the syllabus through the experiments

jessikayo

HSC
thanks for all you help guys.
my whole class is doing the experiment, so i want to as well.
i think i will just do chicks
or plants.

jessikayo

HSC
hey if anyone could give me notes from their experiment last year it would be much appreciated. i just need a rough idea on what i need to do and what sections to write. ARH ! please help. THANKSS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)