General Thoughts - Ancient History (1 Viewer)

Matt1120

Basically a History Nerd
HSC
Section 1- Easy
Section 2- Stuffed up cause i was sick for all of israel
Section 3- Easy( Alexander)
Section 4- Couldnt remember any of my quotes (Greec 500-440 BC)

My worst exam so far, and its strange cause its my second best subject

imamerican

HSC
out of 100 what do you guys think you got?

me i reckon around somewhere 87 ish

HSC guy

HSC
section 1 went relatively well,
section 2 was my weakest usually but i think i answered most of it good to get good marks,
section 3 sucked so bad, i didnt study caesars early life, failed that
section 4 was ok,

im expecting about 75ish raw

nhurlstone90

HSC
Re: ancient exam 08

I thought the exam was okay.
I was a bit annoyed coz the Athens question didn't have anything to really do with women, except their role in festivals, but thats okay :)

I'm just glad its over!

melliexo

HSC
x-beckyyy-x said:
pompeii and herc was fine (besides the 8 marks on the AMPITHEATRE?) but.. for sparta, julius caesar and the fall it was alright... not great. but alright.
I agree...I did not like that amphitheatre Q

lena0

HSC
I didn't think it was too bad! Our Punic Wars essay question was really good to be honest - nothing like the horror I was expecting. Sparta was great & the Hannibal questions weren't that bad (even though we had to talk about his background :S). P&H was okaaaaay. I didn't study much about the 8 marker, but there was enough there to rabbit on about - same with the last question.
I'm hoping for 70s-80s.

Christina168

HSC
Ancient History was pretty easy, i can never seem to remember my damn quotes :mad:... Section One went pretty well, except for the amphitheatres question, they could have atleast done it on the baths or something, so much easier. caesar was meh.. who cares about his early career anyway. The roman republic questions were pretty goods choices for topics. Assyrian questions were good too! i just hope i went well.

moz324

HSC
if found the Greece question stupid, option a anyway. the impact of the Persian Wars on Sparta??? oh well, i took the easier option. otherwise it was a really gud exam. 1 to go! :)

I am James

HSC
Overall I thought I did pretty well although a bit shaky, but bombed out in one of the sections.

Marinatos

HSC
I think I did well. The questions were awesome, much easier than I was expecting. My essay could have been better, but that wasn't the paper, that was me xp

saygoodbye

HSC
It wasn't as bad as I thought.

I almost had a heart attack when i saw the first page of the questions in the white booklet, the question was about burial proceedures and there was this picture. I thought to myself, we never learnt about burial in Sparta! but then i realised that it was an egyptian question. ==; mm.. the exam pressures.

H

hilaryv

I thought that it was pretty good- most of the questions for my sections had just come straight from the syllabus so it was pretty easy to organise the responses. Time was the killer, I only just filled up the pompeii and herculaneum last question and I had heaps more to write, which was annoying - but it was probably one my best exams so far.......... thank goodness!!! only 2 more hours to go!

lochi90

HSC
good as exam!
thought it was easy as cept for few questions which i dont reckon deserved to be assessed like they were, i.e. lycurgus
but nevertheless answered everything well!
extension history and art to go!

kthxbambi

HSC
P&H = loved it, but i studied all morning before the exam and actually knew alot about the amphitheatre because of that

Hatshepsut = foreign policy is a term i dont fully understand...i wrote about relationships with neighbours an expeditions...is that even remotely right?

Mycenae = it was ok. i think i wrote the wrong thing for tholos tomb, but i knew enough about the rest

NKE = ...nonono! i screwed up epicly and about 10mins to the end i realised what i SHOULD have written, and it was not what i DID write. am very sad, only wrote 3 pages =(

mudswitch

HSC
pompeii - wasnt too bad.. dont think i was specific enough about the last question though..
hatshepsut - probs didnt cover all of the foreign policy..
Mycenae - luckily the only things i know about mycenae were in the questions lol. hopefully i wrote relevant stuff..
NKE - warrior pharaoh image.. terrible question.. 25 marks out of that?? seriously...

tiamaria

HSC
Christi-E said:
I feel fabulous about that exam.

Some of the questions were worth more than they should have been though- such as Hatshepsut's foreign policy.

whaaaaaat!
i wrote about the four campaigns two being thutmose's, her trading eg wood for the boats, mt sinai and punt
i was running out of time badlyyy
unles we werent meant to write about that :S

HSC
tiamaria said:
whaaaaaat!
i wrote about the four campaigns two being thutmose's, her trading eg wood for the boats, mt sinai and punt
i was running out of time badlyyy
unles we werent meant to write about that :S
yeah, that's foreign policy. i wrote about the same things. i don't see how it was difficult... building policy for 15 marks on the other hand, would have been hard.

Last edited:

Jess =)

Pirate Queen of Awsomness
HSC
i knew SO MUCH SHIT that just wasnt in there. seems like such a waste =(

emo-kid-91

Cheer me up?
HSC
russianROULETTE said:
building policy for 15 marks on the other hand, would have been hard.
building policy for 15 would have been brilliant - that's what i prepared for, in fact. hatshepsut built at seventeen individual sites from avaris to cummeh; the three main ones were deir el-bahri, karnak and speos artemidos, all of which can be spoken about at length; she used her buildings as propaganda, as news-stands, as outposts; she rebuilt, fortified and extended; she used her buildings to solidify her claim to the throne and to strengthen her tie to the priesthoods; the temples and shrines she built kept ma'at in egypt because they were the residences of the gods and when the gods are happy, everyone's happy.

but i used all of that in the nke response instead! XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)