General Thoughts: Ancient History (1 Viewer)

enak101

HSC
For those who did Sparta, what were your points for the Dual Kingship question?
Talked about how having 2 kings meant that when one died or was out at war or even stripped of kingship there would be order and someone ruling still, also how it stops one man from having too much power dictatorship though im sure some of that happened lol.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Of course... I have 11 units and will get a band 4 for English Advanced but overall probably get an atar between 85-90. Just do really well in other things and you'll be fine.

In saying that, I hate how the purpose of school is to get an ATAR that is high as opposed to education itself... An ATAR only effects the immediate prospects, and nobody should grant a number reason over their confidence.
You have so much faith...

walshy12238

HSC
I really think that was one of the easiest Ancient exams I've done - maybe around a 90 raw? I'm hoping so anyway

SuperMike96

HSC
Would definitely like to know the julio claudian questions !
(A) '...he [Augustus] had added a clause advising that the empire should not be extended beyond its present frontiers.' -Tacitus
With reference to the quotation, discuss the extent to which the Julio-Claudians followed Augustus's instruction.
OR
(B) Discuss the role of the Praetorian Guard in managing the problems of succession during this period.

I chose (A)

Mutant Kitty

HSC
You have so much faith...
As long as your subjects scale well...
I still have business studies, SOR2 and History Extension to go. If those three subjects were a limited ATAR for me, 90-95 would be doable. Legal was pretty good, today was pretty good, English went okay...
What will be the band 5 cutoff for English, anyone?

ICBF

HSC
exam was easy as piss compared to CSSA.
Fucked up my timing though ended up running out of time on personality 15 marker, the easiest part of the paper.
Fall of the republic was all i could as for, easiest question in years.
P+H was bretty good. BS'd most of the development 10 marker tho
Pericles time worked pretty for the economy question (sorta daydreamed for a bit tryna think of muh quotes ) and even had some CSSA overlap.

DJ696

HSC
I don't do ancient but... I'll just talk in this thread haha

Lina3

HSC
Challenging...
P&H: alright, but could have done much better in the 10 marker. Talked about Lazer, Bisel, the other two sources and overall contributions of improving technology. My answer was pretty vague full of lame phrases and vague comments...should have been more specific about what they actually found.
Sparta: Fine except the Karneia question threw me. They asked about religion last year so I just looked over it briefly. Only could remember that Karneia was a religious festival of some sort :/ Thank god it was only three marks. Others were ok.
Akhenaten: Question (a) about his backround...dafuq o_O like barely ANYTHING is known about it. Still managed to somehow babble on for three pages. (b) assess his reign...broad but fine.
18th/19th Dynasty Egypt The one I chose was about changes to foreign relations, so it was good. The other option was so specific (Amenhotep III and how he conformed to the image of the warrior pharaoh), would not have had enough for 25 marks unless I digressed, which would not have been a good idea.

zhusalmz

HSC
Challenging...
P&H: alright, but could have done much better in the 10 marker. Talked about Lazer, Bisel, the other two sources and overall contributions of improving technology. My answer was pretty vague full of lame phrases and vague comments...should have been more specific about what they actually found.
Sparta: Fine except the Karneia question threw me. They asked about religion last year so I just looked over it briefly. Only could remember that Karneia was a religious festival of some sort :/ Thank god it was only three marks. Others were ok.
Akhenaten: Question (a) about his backround...dafuq o_O like barely ANYTHING is known about it. Still managed to somehow babble on for three pages. (b) assess his reign...broad but fine.
18th/19th Dynasty Egypt The one I chose was about changes to foreign relations, so it was good. The other option was so specific (Amenhotep III and how he conformed to the image of the warrior pharaoh), would not have had enough for 25 marks unless I digressed, which would not have been a good idea.
I went with the Amenhotep question but 4 pages in I realized I'd already answered everything so I talked about his diplomacy vaguely and why there were no military campaigns.

budwa969

HSC
Umm all i can remember and not certain (not in order as well): Was for the burial site outside of Herculaneum, Religious role, Forum hasnt been found in herculaneum, It was carbonized and i cant remember the other questions lol

Mutant Kitty

HSC
I was a bit of an artist in year 10 :(
I did 5.3 maths but didn't find it fun, so I did drama instead...
Dropped drama last year, probably would have got >75% in mathematics which still wouldn't be great, but better than have a wasted line on the timetable.

Focus is Key

HSC
I got confused on the 'What hasn't been found question', because a forum in Herc has been found it just hasn't been excavated. According to online info the main street functioned as its forum.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Umm all i can remember and not certain (not in order as well): Was for the burial site outside of Herculaneum, Religious role, Forum hasnt been found in herculaneum, It was carbonized and i cant remember the other questions lol
yep those are what i put

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)