General Thoughts: Australian History, Geography, Civics and Citizenship (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Share your thoughts on the exam here.

sfer

HSC
Well, a few of the long response questions were pretty challenging...

Edit: Were we seriously the only school that was allowed to leave early?

Last edited:
K

khorne

Easy overall, but some history MC's were a bit difficult =/

jesskies

HSC
I thought Geo multiple choice was easy.
For every long response I just threw down everything I could think of.

spriinkles

HSC
geography extended response was INHUMANE
i was ready to put a gun in my mouth when i read the question
because i expected links or geopgraphical management but oh well i guess i will have a nice band 3 to look forward to!

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
History and Geography were fun. Most enjoyable test.
Lol, I had 40 minutes to answer the Geography Human Rights question.

laila09

HSC
Out of curiousity what were the history and geography questions?

Mudkip94

HSC
Geography 15 mark question we had to write about how to solve Australia's human rights issues.

FirzenExpert

HSC
Geo/HistoryExam

Go dam i prepared all these answers for previous years
Then now when i have the test, COMPLETELY DIFFERENT STORY
!!!!!!!!
Da heck "Explain how a Historian can ??? sources"
Seriously, 1. there is no source ur "SPECIFICALLY" crapping about.
Instead you give us topic, so does this mean u needa remember a souce from the topic in class then somehow have photographic memory and explain it in the test?
And the Geography OMG WTF.... Human rights?? In australia???
What happened to the fking air poulltion,coastal managemnt, urban stuff(seriously i readed over the fking pyro ultimo, hoping to use it as a example.
Then what happens? NOTHING!!!!
Seriously the human right question pissed me off. Anyone here pissed about it?

laila09

HSC
I like the sound of that question. Australia's treatment of the refugees would have worked perfectly, being a current problem in Australia.
death penalty and the child sex trade wouldv'e worked well too.

manutd12

HSC
I LOVED History it was fun. Like WTF was the board of studies trying to give the government pointers on how to fix Australia's Human Right problems. I really didn't like the long response.
But History was fun. I loved the decade study, even though I was like a short answer question, my answer ended up being like 1 1/2 pages. I wrote about Madonna's influences on woman's clothing, and promiscuity and Michael Jackson's major influence on just about everything else. I think History was a real fun test, though the Geo long responses were dull would've been more happy writing about Aid, or culture or whatever but instead we didn't.

But like lets look at the bright side, my YEARLY EXAMS ARE OVER... MY IMPORTANT SC EXAMS ARE OVER. And I can return to having a life again, and like not studying till like Year 11. Which is partially next year. Love having my life back =p.

Entity

HSC
Good riddance mandatory Geography and History. I went absolutley horrible in the geography extended response, i wrote about medicare and centerlink for human rights such as food and shelter. Meh, its only SC, doesnt go towards anything.

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
Far out. I thought that we would get a choice between reconciliation and human rights. For the whole term, my teacher didn't even mention the word "human rights." Screw it, Band 4 for Geo for me. At least I'm NEVER doing GEOGRAPHY EVER IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!

History on the other hand, was nice. It wasn't too hard, and I'm expecting either a Band 5 or a low Band 6.

Nerdygirl

HSC
Uni Grad
Human rights was my trial question so we knew how to manage it. My geography teacher was a history/society and culture teacher so she knew alot more about human rights than anything else. Though a friend asked her what relief was and she replied "Uh I don't know go get a text book that will be more help than me" not exactly what a geography teacher should be saying.

Mudkip94

HSC
I wrote about asylum seekers/refugees/immigrants for Geography. I wrote about those Sri Lankan refugees that were in the news recently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)