General Thoughts: Biology (1 Viewer)

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Bio Exam ?

yeaahh i think i went alright :)

hopefully mid-high 80s for the raw mark (i got 87 in CSSA trails)

it seems like everyone did well + thought it was easy... so im guessing the band 6 cutoff will be higher this year? :(

Bunzhou

HSC
Re: Hsc 2009 bio exam

You could probably say that in the cortex, it is comprised of nephron tubules which filter and excretes wastes..etc... and in the renal urether it excretes nitrogenous wastes such as urine.. and the other one I had trouble with but my friend did a cheapshot and said the renal artery expands into a network of capillaries where exchange of material takes place.. lol (but I don't think thats even in the kidney)

What 3 regions r there?

sam5

HSC

yeah fukin easy. What were ur mc answers mate?

Venom.

HSC

yeaahh i think i went alright :)

hopefully mid-high 80s for the raw mark (i got 87 in CSSA trails)

it seems like everyone did well + thought it was easy... so im guessing the band 6 cutoff will be higher this year? :(
If by everyone you mean me you can't really judge from that because I go to a selective high scool. But damn yeah I thought it was easy, only thing I kinda stuffed was the kidney thing, because it was in our trial and for some untold reason I assumed it wouldnt be in the hsc. I reckon if all goes well low 90s raw.

jess6

HSC

i agree it was an excellent paper....i got 96% in the independant trail so i dont know what will come from this hopefully something good!!!

:jump:

Last edited:

wowgirl4lyf

HSC

I thought the exam went really really well, there was nothing that really struck me except for the carbon dioxide and oxygen inthe lungs/muscles. i didn't know whether to put b or c as carbondioxide binds to haemoglobin as is dissovled in the blood.
i think i went with c.

eagle09

HSC

yehhh ayy. sooo easy.
MC: CBBAACABCADCBDD

Venom.

HSC

yeah fukin easy. What were ur mc answers mate?
multiple was probs the only real challenging section, if at all. I can't remember them, but how fucked was question 13? Immunosupressive drugs ?? I saw that and the 4 options made no sense.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad

If by everyone you mean me you can't really judge from that because I go to a selective high scool. But damn yeah I thought it was easy, only thing I kinda stuffed was the kidney thing, because it was in our trial and for some untold reason I assumed it wouldnt be in the hsc. I reckon if all goes well low 90s raw.

nah theres already another thread somewhere on here bout the exam, and a lot of people were sayin it was easy. yeaah that kidney question, i think i screwed that up too! i labelled it and drew it right and everything, but then i couldnt remember what the medula, cortex and pelvis actually do, so i just said that the medulla and cortex had nephrons in there where filtration and reabsorption occur, and the pelvis leads the collecting ducts to the ureter, or something like that :S

Bunzhou

HSC

Wait .. WHAT?? You had to conclude what type of inheritance it is? omg I thought it just said construct a pedigree of the family???

How many marks is it?? :S

There were definitely alot of those 'choose BEST answer' type questions..like the one of the gas exchange of CO2 and 02..

Also, the pedigree question, where it could have been sex linked or recessive/dominant? That was a pain. I said the conclusion is not viable without further evidence.

Yeah, what was with the diagrams! Haha, and communications, once again, another diagram, of a bloody eye!

lynton

HSC

For question one i put c? I thought mutations produce new alleles as there is a change in the base pairs of dna?

greatgreeks2

HSC

These are my answers for MC: C B B C C C A B B A A C B D D

bayan92

HSC

Wait .. WHAT?? You had to conclude what type of inheritance it is? omg I thought it just said construct a pedigree of the family???

How many marks is it?? :S
It was a diagram of a pedigree, then the importance of pedigrees and assessing the statement..

rankinh

HSC

geeze for q 4 i had A then changed it to B. The question said the disease had been identified in one enclosure on a farm. and i didn't get why u would vaccinate all healthy animals and leave the sick ones. i dont know which is correct think its b though :)

Bunzhou

HSC

It says new "alleles" not genes.. Mutations would cause a change in gene where the base pairs are missing/deleted, etc.
For question one i put c? I thought mutations produce new alleles as there is a change in the base pairs of dna?

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC

yeahh it was pretty straight forward, i mean some questions were tricky.
My option topic communications omg that was the worse section for me=/
i loved the communication part, mayb nt the last question as much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)