General Thoughts: Biology (1 Viewer)

booshbanditxx

HSC
Uni Grad
I actually found it fairly easy. Didn't like the multiple choice too much, but I reckon the paper was fairly straightforward. I felt the paper was tailored nicely to my strengths. fingers crossed!

dannielle_93

HSC
this is correct

im certain the answer was cytotoxic t cells (d i believe)

Our teacher said best answer would be killer
But I think it was stupid I thought they wouldn't put killer and cytotoxic in unintentionally so I said b cells :/

ReneeApple

HSC
But aren't Cytotoxic T Cells, Cell mediated - i.e. They only affect infected cells. Whereas B-cells are actually Blood-mediated...i.e. They attack the antigens directly?
Well the question was "which type of cells destroy virally infected cells?"

Phagocytosis is B cells. The viruses get into a host cell and do their thing, and to seal it off the phagocyte comes along, swallows it and kills it.

leebanana

HSC

annie-louise

HSC
The answer is definately cytotoxic T-cells. Killer T is like the nickname given to them. Cytotoxic is the scientific name. And its definately not B-cells as they produce antibodies in the lymph nodes and the ANTIBODIES actually go to the site of infection, not the cell itself. Cytotoxic T actually go to the site and 'lyse' the infected cells.

SpreadTheWord

HSC
Multiple choice was annoying.. I thought killer T-cells were the same as cytotoxic T-cells?
And.. what are proteins bound to?
Proteins - Salts im pretty sure. Because i've heard plasma proteins, carry salt ions - thats what i choose anyway. But man, that was harder than the hardest trial independent Physics test i've ever done.

How many 7/8 markers do they want to induce. I practical bullshitted the understanding of Biology and implications for society.

leebanana

HSC
i found multiple choice the hardest part of the test. The rest was pretty standard

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cytotoxic_T_cell
"A cytotoxic T cell... belongs to a sub-group of T lymphocytes (a type of white blood cell) that are capable of inducing the death of infected somatic or tumor cells; they kill cells that are infected with viruses (or other pathogens), or are otherwise damaged or dysfunctional.

So it was D! :)

keithbaby

HSC
Re: 2011 HSC Biology Paper

thanks but its missing some questions

Rajishnu Sharma

HSC
N/A
My multiple choice answers - you're retarded:
1. A - plants and animals can interbreed
2. B - salt is bound to protein in blood
3. C
4. D Genes and DNA
5. D - 100% - like my mark
6. No correct answer coz he proved spontaneous generation
7. C - stops dirt transfer
8. No correct answer - its phagocytes
9. B - cause macroparasites are clearly the smallest
10. A - cloning increases genetic variability
11. C - this diagram clearly shows photosynthesis
12. C - no one wants to eat piss
13. C - there is no oxygen in the blood, only nitrogen.
14. A - no explanation required, retards.
15. E
16. D - need I explain?
17. A - the allele is for non-retarded and you
18. D - capillaries have valves.
19. B - malaria comes from lead poisoning, you idiots
20. It's Fkn B!!!

You mirin'?

Dazdev

HSC
HATED GENETICS - There goes my ATAR. I looked at Biotechnology after I finished the exam and it looked so easy. Im fucking pissed. Worst option.

HSC
i was literally smiling when i saw the communication 7 marker since i'd studied all that shit the morning before the exam

timting95

HSC
Well the question was "which type of cells destroy virally infected cells?"

Phagocytosis is B cells. The viruses get into a host cell and do their thing, and to seal it off the phagocyte comes along, swallows it and kills it.
aren't B Cells Lymphocytes that have matured in the Bone Marrow though?? Phagocytes are Macrophages and Neutrophils?

kappy

HSC
Proteins - Salts im pretty sure. Because i've heard plasma proteins, carry salt ions - thats what i choose anyway. But man, that was harder than the hardest trial independent Physics test i've ever done.

How many 7/8 markers do they want to induce. I practical bullshitted the understanding of Biology and implications for society.
I thought it was C02 :S http://diatronic.co.uk/nds/webpub/carbon_dioxide.htm

BUT THEN AGAIN I AM AN IDIOT

scarletter

HSC
I got 11) A, :S
yeah I thought 11 was A as well.

Isn't it that the water causes the pressure gradient to rise at the 'source' which allows the movement of material from the 'source' to the 'sink'?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)