General Thoughts: Business Studies (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How'd you find the exam? Share your overall thoughts here

SandyS1995

HSC
I thought it was hard but everyone thought it was easy.. :s um ok.

DukuNChu

HSC
Does anyone know how many marks i'd lose if i forgot about the key recommendations in the executive summary? I forgot about it, but I asked my teacher and apparently HSC markers don't mark on the key recommendations anymore
Other then that, good exam, hopefully get a raw of > 90

Dash8

HSC
Probably easier than I was expecting thank god....was majorly stressing out about it but I feel better now....no idea if I got good marks but at least I answered everything :D how many pages did people write for the last two sections? I wrote two booklets (6 pages) each.

Examine

same
HSC
Good exam. Section 4 was a bit weird and 24b was also weird but overall pretty good.

DukuNChu

HSC
I wrote 10 pages for stimulus response and 6 pages for the case study response. But in the end it really doesn't matter about how many pages you write, as long as the content within it is good you'll get the marks. I knew people who wrote 10 pages and got 15/20 and people who wrote 3 pages and got 18, really can't judge, but it's a good comparison against others I guess.

KierenTran

jenko
HSC
easy this exam... hopefully 90+ raw mark. Wrote 9 pages for report and 6 for essay

Last edited:

Abanious

HSC
N/A
felt very good. wrote 9 pages for report, but the essay imo was not very good. overall, i think i did well... hopefully 85 + raw

NinaChapps

HSC
I didn't study human resources as much as the others so 24b was completely guess work , but other than that I was pretty happy with it.

DukuNChu

HSC
How'd you deal with the stimulus response? Didn't you need HR strategies for that too?

Abanious

HSC
N/A
used strats to resolve disputes, performance management, hrm indicators to monitor performance, etc..

jayq94

HSC
It was very easy

I think they went easy on us because we were disadvantaged by having a new syllabus

carpe_diem

HSC
They asked for case study material in SA. WUT?! But luckily I had looked over some notes and the exact same Q came up, so it wasn't too bad. The finance essay Q was weird, but managed to write 6 pages for it, so YAY.

gr_111

HSC
They asked for case study material in SA. WUT?! But luckily I had looked over some notes and the exact same Q came up, so it wasn't too bad. The finance essay Q was weird, but managed to write 6 pages for it, so YAY.
Yeah, what was the go with asking for examples? Did you actually have to use case studies, or could you just refer to generic aspects of a business?

Jatz2012

HSC
the finance question was easy 1 wrote 5 booklets. the hr and operations question was odd. 24b was a bitch since i didnt bother studying that part. the rest of the exam was easy. i finished both mc and sa in 1 hour leaving me with 2 hrs to kill for them long response. i have only 1 exam left and thats senior science how many have you guys got left to do?

lgnorance

HSC
exam was too easy, which means they'd be nuts on the marking criteria to 'differentiate students'. fml.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)