General Thoughts: CAFS (2 Viewers)

coralie1994

HSC
Ohh okay lol well I'm probably wrong but eh, hope i can get some marks at least :/

smartalec

HSC
you didnt misinterpret the question you'll be fine! I misinterpreted the question for some of it, using an example which wasnt really a modification to the social environment so hopefuly my other examples mask it haha.

smartalec

HSC
nah I ran out of time in my essay and one of my 6 markers (part b of individuals and work) was shocking due to lack of time management. :( I came first out of 48 though, so hopefully someone pulls my mark up :S So lost about 6-8 marks from those two combined...also a few stupid mistakes here and there throughout the short answers because I took a few risks lol. i need to not take risks. Ill be happy with a band 5, noone gets band 6's in cafs like they used to (before 2010 when they had 3 essays like 10% of people got a band 6 now its like, 4%)

you'll be fine as well, im sure you will do great :)

cpwincess19

HSC
aged? I wrote about the homeless :O
Me tooooo!!! AND AFTER i'd finished doing that question i looked back and i thought WHY THE F DIDN'T I DO THE AGED ?!?!?!?!?!?
We could have written about senior citizen clubs and community groups to help the aged have a healthier 'social' life :(
If only my brain worked properly ><
& on the last pens down i forgot to go back to my 2 multiple choice questions which i had a problem with THAT'S TWO MARKS LOST ALREADY :/
nooo people do get band 6's in cafs - well 2 people got them at my school last year (but maybe it's not as common)

smartalec

HSC
of course people still get them, it's just nowhere near as common now. good luck guys! btw still, the homeless would have been good if you talked about accommodation and stuff!

Last edited:

cpwincess19

HSC
LOL yeahhhh i get you :) ahaha
when're your next exams? or have we all finished (lucky you) :( ?

smartalec

HSC
nah not finished. I have food tech next week :( then freedom! what are you aiming for in CAFS?

cpwincess19

HSC
I have food tech toooo! :( how is your studying going for food tech ?
I have absolutely no motivation left :/
My aim for CAFS (before i sat for the exam) was an extremely high band 5 to a low band 6 but seeing as though i made quite a few silly mistakes ... i'll be happy with anything in the band 5 range! How about you? :)

smartalec

HSC
exactly what you said!! haha.
I've done NO study tonight. so bad but I've got no motivation left either :(

cpwincess19

HSC
It really sucks hey :( what's the highest mark for food tech at your school ?

smartalec

HSC
One girl at my school is CRAZY at food tech. Im sure she will get a state ranking. she is a dux student doing like chemistry, physics and then....food tech random haha. Im not sure what mark she got exactly, but i know for the catholic paper (CSSA) she got 99% which is supposed to replicate the HSC paper.

cpwincess19

HSC
WTFFFF wow dude that is real crazy!
That makes me feel stupid lol :(
What're you planning on doing after year 12? and does anyone know any places where they are hiring (for jobs)? I really need one :/

smartalec

HSC
haha this is so random. i have two jobs :p lol coz im sad. during hsc I worked one shift a week for each and then after hsc i plan to do heaps of shifts. I work at a pharmacy and at big w. and it totally depends on where you live. what area?

SnapeAndRachel

HSC
I thought multiple choice was alright. This is what i got:
1 D
2 D
3 C
4 C
5 B
6 B
7 D
8 C
9 C
10 B
11 D
12 B
13 D
14 C
15 B
16 A
17 D
18 B
19 A
20 C (a bit unsure about this one)

Let me know if you thought otherwise! :)
I thought 20 was B (employment) because you can't get a job without a fixed address... but now that I re-read the question I think that may have been wrong...

smartalec

HSC
I thought 20 was B (employment) because you can't get a job without a fixed address... but now that I re-read the question I think that may have been wrong...

nah its financial support or possibly sense of identity (but i dont think so)

smartalec

HSC
i dont think its sense of identity, simply because it said AFFORDABLE housing and therefore, provides financial support in a way. I dont CAFS takes into consideration ENGLISH belonging - where having a house can provide a sense of identity and belonging. in fact that was my belonging essay thesis... i dont think it fits for CAFS...but dont take my word for it, thats just my opinion. all of the options for that question were stupid. gay question!!

what did everyone write for the compare a case study and observation? Did anyone talk about similar/different limitations as well as the obvious things? x

cpwincess19

HSC
what did everyone write for the compare a case study and observation? Did anyone talk about similar/different limitations as well as the obvious things? x
I know I got shit for that question because to begin with I had a mind blank about what a case study even was -.-
But whe talking about the observation method, I wrote about the various types of observations and how you can be involved in them e.g. participant observation, non participant observation whilst you couldn't in a case study. I don't know if that's even good ?
I wrote some other stuff but i don't really remember :s sorry !

hitchies

HSC
N/A
The key word here is affordable housing....answer has to be D financial support!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)