General Thoughts - Chemistry (1 Viewer)

Kmara2nv

HSC
yay 100th comment...yea exam not to bad hopefully scalesss :D

Floydy

HSC
dwatt said:
Yeah, you're right. I wrote it small so hopefully they won't notice it.
That gave me a good laugh - goodluck!

Overall I found the exam very pleasing. I think it came down to how many practice papers I did - thanks to tutoring I had done all the different trial companies (neap, cssa.. etc.) from 2003 onwards as well as the hsc past papers. It really helped, more so than the syllabus notes I had.

Definitely a few difficult questions, but I think for the most part - good ones to sort out high bands from low bands. Only one I am killing myself for is the chemist role question, I knew one but in the moment just forgot it.. in the end I just threw in a few words like gas chromotography and analytical chemistry and prayed.

christinebean

HSC
i know a lot of people that thought it was difficult mainly because of the calculations.. esp. the ppm schmozzle. I think we converted something to ppm ONCE in 2 yrs.

i wish i did chemistry for the hsc last year..ah wot a good paper

Crashy19

HSC
how can you remember what you wrote for each question??
it was hard enough for me to take in that i could do a fair bit of stuff quite easily
yes i thought chem was so hard for 2years and i kept going
and i was happy.. in the end

meera06

HSC
Um....I don't thing the pressure really mattered much, it was just all to do with the moles on each side I think. Well that's what I did.

Tsuska

HSC
meera06 said:
Um....I don't thing the pressure really mattered much, it was just all to do with the moles on each side I think. Well that's what I did.
Easiest exam so far! I think I did pretty well...

And by that I mean:

EPIC PHAIL (with a pH)!

Venator

another member
HSC
overall a very easy exam. but i walked out knowing i made one or two little mistakes so i was like ahhhhhhhh
espically in NaHCO3 cause i wrote like an extra three lines on it...BUT I FORGOT IT WAT AMPHIPROTIC! o well. i reckon i can still get good marks with what i wrote.

i reckon ill get high band 5 or low band 6
the option was really good (industrial)
hope everyone else thought it was good

aja152

HSC
N/A
Tsuska said:
Easiest exam so far! I think I did pretty well...

And by that I mean:

EPIC PHAIL (with a pH)!
haha funny >0<//

FUFU

HSC
the exam was ok but the stuffed up badily in the calculations, i think the theory bit was ok, i guess, i reakon ill be lucky to get around 60-70!:confused:

elzaco

HSC
wrxsti said:
As soon as i finished. i literally thought i would top the state. i ABSOLUTLETY KILLED THE TEST. that was untill 2am this morning when i woke up and im like

"FUKK!!!" i realised i got one question in multiple choice WRONG :(
and the thing is.... if i read and anaylsed the question more carefully i would have gotten it right....

so now if i get like 95-6 im gana think.... "WHAT IF" :(

(it was that endothermic/exothermic question..... im burning :()

quote]

OMG me 3, i woke up at 2am, but i was thinking F*ck u are a sh*thead, go f*ck yourself, god someones up them selves, which is ironic, coz im up your mum no go screw yourself

Rythmic

HSC
A nice exam, found it easy. The questions were exactly what I was expecting.

Chanpion

HSC
i think chemistry is ok this year..especially the options on shipwrecks & corrosion.
it was a lot easier than what i expected. well in the caseof the general studying of the ways to prevent corrosion and the leaching of chloride ions from artefacts. :burn: eventhough i think i got the calculations on ppm wrong >.<

yhamam

HSC
Re: Exam Thoughts

mzduxx2006 said:
i envy u guys very much so. i found the theoretical bits ok but the calculations....WHO ON EARTH WANTS TO FIND THE MOLAR SHYT??? :(:(:(

anihoooooo chemistry is my worst subject by far hopefully i make it up in modern today which is my favourite subject.

im sure ill look at my exam mark and think either "OMG IM A FAILURE" or "wow...i didnt expect that mark".....i personally hope its the second one :D

U Know the whole exam was full of shit, i hate chem because who the F*** wants to know how many joules of oxygen is burnt in petrol or ethanol.

I wish i did not have to do it, it sucks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)