General Thoughts: Economics (2 Viewers)

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
Did anyone else anyone else see the extra two multiple choice questions they had. they were kinda hidden away. they usually have 20 but this year they had 22 MCQs

apollo1

Banned
HSC
Did anyone else anyone else see the extra two multiple choice questions they had. they were kinda hidden away. they usually have 20 but this year they had 22 MCQs
yep haha saw them with 5 minutes left thank god.

failwhale

HSC
yeah that's what i thought too, and how they said net income instead of net primary. ohwell who cares

Username2

HSC
N/A
Hated Exchange Rates actually because it was the one I didnt really study --> Also could only go on about how the recent appreciation occurred with hardly any balance to depreciation other than mentioning the GFC. MER was also one that I hated, hence why i did exchange rates even though I'd never written that essay before

HSC
Uni Grad
Hated Exchange Rates actually because it was the one I didnt really study --> Also could only go on about how the recent appreciation occurred with hardly any balance to depreciation other than mentioning the GFC. MER was also one that I hated, hence why i did exchange rates even though I'd never written that essay before
For exchange rates I balanced the appreciations associated with the resources boom and the GFC recovery with the GFC and volatility due to the US Debt Ceiling Debacle (that's what I called it) and the European Debt Crisis.

Clank_

HSC
Overall it was decent. MC sucked. Short answer was so-so. Essays weren't that bad, but they weren't what I was prepped for and my hand started to cramp up. Only wrote 4/3 pages. Expecting 60-70

dela_

HSC
N/A
Is anyone thinking about complaining to the board of studies about using "inconsistent terminology?

Did anyone notice "current transfers" being used instead of "secondary income" in the short answer section?

I feel so pissed off, cos this shows the BOS did not check their paper before distributing them to us. It's gonna be a fail paper like last lear.

I found the mult choice to be a mind-FO∆X just like 2010 mult-choice.... maybe this year's was even harder.
I remember last year they said "current transfers" instead aswell and people complained i think

Username2

HSC
N/A
For exchange rates I balanced the appreciations associated with the resources boom and the GFC recovery with the GFC and volatility due to the US Debt Ceiling Debacle (that's what I called it) and the European Debt Crisis.
Haha Yours sounds saa much better than mine haha. Mine was practically just - Dirtying Float - Global Economic conditions suck - Interest Rates high - Trade sucks and mining - Speculators think Australia is a good currency to invest in - Mining is easy to invest in with general economic statistics throughout. Was hoping to get 18s in both essays

FallopianTubez

HSC
can anyone please tell me what they think of my essays:: i feel like a noob, cause i think i didn't talk about enough good stuff for an 18 :'(
i wrote 6 pages for monetary policy
said how dmo;s are used, made a diagram, them said what happens to inflation in detail, then said what happens to u/e, then did obstacles in MP - implementation lags, draw philiphs curve, talked about Okun's law and yea that's it :'(

i wrote 7 pages for the microeconimc one
said how microeconmics aim is to increase AS, through increasing effeciencey, listed 3 types of effecincy ATD, then talked about what increased effeciency does for the economy, then talked about what a product market is, then talked about competition policy affecting product market, trade policy affecting product market - said positives of increasing competition --> increased effeciency, then said - how short term structural unemployment is caused affecting factor market..thus they are interlinked. then for factor market i talked about deregulation in labour and financial mkt's and how it's benidited inccreasing effeciency again, but said the voltality of finance. then gave evaulutation saying they were good reform as we passed the gfc un hurt
I think they suck dude! I did my prepared essays for Fiscal and Exchange Rates. Carved up! Wooooo!

SXCBEAST

HSC
lol babes too funneh.

kev-is-red

HSC
N/A
MC: 17/20 (maybe, maybe 18)
Short Answers: 33-36/40
Fiscal Essay: 14-16/20
Exchange Rate Essay: 18-19/20

So I'm looking somewhere between 82/100 and 89/100. I just hope I get 85/100 minimum.

bouncingfire

HSC
I thought MC was hard. Took me longer than expected (20mins)

Short answers were straight forward, the question on awards and enterprise agreements as already been in a stack of exams other then economics

Extended response questions were good I thought. I did monetary policy(4 pages) and exchange rates (6 pages)

dela_

HSC
N/A
what do you think a raw mark of around 75 would align to?

Skriker

HSC
MC 13/20
Short answers 30-32/40
Macro 15/20
Exchange 14/20

So around raw mark of 75/100 would be brilliant!! :D

lukasheights

HSC
i found it pretty straightforward except for the multiple choice. that shit was fucked, so hard, LOL even question 1 put me off. i was like "oh dear another exam that raped me" after coming from 3u and 4u in the same week :\
This. I struggled so hard with the multiple choice. The short answers were fair, and the essays, while nothing shocking, were a little vague.
In my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)