General thoughts: English Advanced Modules Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

atargainz

HSC
Idk about how many pages bc I didn't count, but the questions were very mouldable to my pre-prepared essays which were about 1.3k, 1.2k, 1.2k and I managed to write it all. Mod C (Shakespeare) was the only iffy one for me don't think I addressed the "ambiguous" part of the question as well as I would've liked. Also how many words you guys be writing holy shit so many pages, i write about 12-17 words per line

KotaBear99

HSC
I was surprised at the Modules Exam - I truly was. I FAILED my Modules in Trials (38% ayyyeeeee) which is horrific for me. I wrote 8 pages for Mod A (The Prince & Julius Caesar), 7 pages for Mod B (TS Eliot: Selected Poems) and 10 for Mod C (Clay). I only wrote like 4 pages for each essay back in Trials and I still managed to have 5 minutes left to re-read stuff. My hand writing is not small, but it isn't big either. I feel pretty freaking proud.

FightingSmile64

HSC
Well MOD A and MOD B were pretty good i say. Got like 6 pages, and i think it was my best essays. Pretty broad questions for Gatsby and Speeches, my teacher said you could really write anything about them.

MOD C on the other, probably not my best work but i put alot of representation in and answered the question, even went against it so i am maybe panicking. The only thing which is going to kill me i was halfway through my conclusion and had to stop. So much for getting good now.

IMO, i found this paper easier then area of study. Probably because discovery is so dry ahah

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
Idk about how many pages bc I didn't count, but the questions were very mouldable to my pre-prepared essays which were about 1.3k, 1.2k, 1.2k and I managed to write it all. Mod C (Shakespeare) was the only iffy one for me don't think I addressed the "ambiguous" part of the question as well as I would've liked. Also how many words you guys be writing holy shit so many pages, i write about 12-17 words per line
I have no clue how they do it. I guess our handwritings are pretty small. I ended up with a grand total of 12 pages, 4 each on average. (I had like 4.75 + 3.50 + 3.75, respectively)

Ekman

HSC
Anyone else get stumped at the specific nature of the mod A question for W;t and Donne? It directly asked for mortality only.

Also, I totally called it! I knew that the question this year for Hamlet was going to be something about corruption, and its impact on the play as whole.

Mod C was nice and generic and only asked for 1 ORT.

Catz

HSC
I did two whole bookets and half of another booklet for mod A and C and I think a three full for mod B

But my hand writing was big so

And is it going to align badly this year cause it was quite easy for my modules

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
Anyone else get stumped at the specific nature of the mod A question for W;t and Donne? It directly asked for mortality only.
Yeah I was a bit surprised at this too - I still spent a decent chunk talking about relationships, but I did it in light of mortality and death

I'm actually so happy though - English is finally over!!! I did around 7 pages for each essay which I'm super stoked about

Ekman

HSC
Yeah I was a bit surprised at this too - I still spent a decent chunk talking about relationships, but I did it in light of mortality and death

I'm actually so happy though - English is finally over!!! I did around 7 pages for each essay which I'm super stoked about

I wish I could enjoy finishing English forever, but I have eco on Friday

Last edited:

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC

Also, I totally called it! I knew that the question this year for Hamlet was going to be something about corruption, and its impact on the play as whole.

Mod C was nice and generic and only asked for 1 ORT.
lol you called every possibility :hammer:

Ekman

HSC
lol you called every possibility :hammer:
I actually ruled out possibilities based on what have been asked before, until I realised that every 2 years, they ask something about Hamlet's plot to kill Claudius, and the every other second year, they would ask a question that would have something to do with the corruption inherent in hamlet. Since they asked revenge last year, I had a feeling they were going to ask something about corruption. I figured morality, innoncence and gender roles, but turns out it was a little more generic as it asked to discuss the statement regarding the loss of balance to the natural order.

Last edited:

Flop21

HSC
Did everyone do well???????

Is this the normal reaction to HSC english papers? Or is this different, indicating aligning will be super shit this year?

lpodtouch

HSC
Did everyone do well???????

Is this the normal reaction to HSC english papers? Or is this different, indicating aligning will be super shit this year?
What texts did you do for your modules?

Flop21

HSC
yer it seems it was very easy this year lol
Fucccck, I'm so screwed.

Seriously I don't get how people do it. I get the texts, I have roted essays, but my exam technique is total shit. I can barely write an essay in the time given, let alone make a GOOD essay and understand the question and then adapt the essay to answer the question. I really don't get how people do it.

I probably couldn't even do well if we had 3 hours, would need 4 hours tbh. So depressing. Well at least we don't have to touch this shit ever again, I just hope the year below me learns from my mistakes and practices their exam technique throughout the year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)