General Thoughts: English Advanced Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

iPhone4

HSC
N/A
Passion doesn't necessarily have to mean love. Passion for knowledge, the passion (emotion) in redemption....
Correct, I threw in bits and pieces from notes on Wit/Wordplay and academia. I said that Wit transcended from passionate (about knowledge) to passionless, and Donne transcended from passion for sexual and romantic desires to passion and reverence for god

mrbananaman

HSC
N/A
Thank god! Even though it says "your appreciation", you can write in third person. It just means your appreciation referring to you as the whole audience. Just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed out a whole line that said "WRITE IN FIRST PERSON OR DIE."

Cheers :)
HAHA imagine if we all had to write in first person.... wow.. i would hate that :p

hayleyemma96

HSC
I hated the speeches questions - what the hell do time and place have anything to do with the speeches? How did everyone else do it?
Mod C for Julius Caesar was alright... i did that first but then i went over time for like 10 minutes, so i really freaked out.
Mod A kinda freaked me out - only ambition? Do i only write one paragraph? I'm still not sure... can anyone please tell me how they structured their mod a?
I did the same as you pretty much.
Idk if its right but with speeches I talked about how Pearson, Bandler and Sadat emphasise the need for recognition of the past in order to create solutions in the present. Then techniques about how it was specific to time and place in regards to the audience

Module a: I did Frankenstein/Blade Runner and talked about how the composers create an awareness of the consequences of ambition in regards to technology and humanity and how this makes the responder aware of the enduring values/issues in literature and society

Hayley :)

emoymoy

HSC
can someone upload the paper for paper 2 advanced like someone did for aos ? or be a babe and write out the donne/w;t q , the speeches q, and the conflicting perspective q? want to double check that i didnt fuck it up

Candidate

HSC
HAHA imagine if we all had to write in first person.... wow.. i would hate that :p
First person fits the question 1000 times better, as it makes it personal which is what the response wanted. Which is why I hated it.

AnthraxDuck

HSC
MOD A: (Richard the III and Looking for Richard) - Authority - My prepared essay was authority/power so pretty decent
MOD B: (Jane Eyre) -Time & Place /Societal Expectations - Decent essay aswell had to merged 2 smaller paragraphs on 15mins remaining.
MOD C (Birthday Letters - Fulbright Scholars and Your Paris - Manipulation - LoL pretty generic

If i can can get 17/20 each ill be high on quack!

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Crap reading some of the arguments here make me feel as if I got a Band 4

hayleyemma96

HSC
I feel like the BOS went easy on the kids who did Speeches this year.
Makes up for the mandating in the past 2 years and throwing us off by not specifying this year.

Hayley :)

leesh95

HSC
Crap reading some of the arguments here make me feel as if I got a Band 4
Me too :( I can't think like some of the smart high flying people of BOS. After reading some people's Hamlet arguments I wonder if I would even get above 10 for that essay...

hjed

HSC
Mod A and C brilliant, 5 pages each
Mod B (Hamlet) - 4 and a bit pages, absolutely terrible. Corruption was fine, but time and place...

mrbananaman

HSC
N/A
First person fits the question 1000 times better, as it makes it personal which is what the response wanted. Which is why I hated it.
Haha, may make it more personal, but definitely not necessary (well, at least according to HOD at Abbotsleigh!) She said, in her opinion, that Mod B is the only Module where first person is completely acceptable. Either way, first or third, I'm sure no one will get marked down. I went with "hence enhancing our appreciation" etc, so not exactly "My appreciation", but still, fairly personal! :)

fionarykim

HSC
found mod A and B really random, i did text in time for gatstby and barrett browning and speeches for B which made it alil difficult for me ):
i still managed to answer them alright, but i dont think they were as great as i hoped to hahha
ohwells. mod C was good :)

klosec12

HSC
Mod A - Talked about how Authority is related to power. Pretty happy with it - 17/18
Mod B - Slessor was pretty easy but i think i muddled up some of my wordings - 16/18
Mod C - Mulholland Drive worked so well with the 50th Gate and the question. - 17/18

Pretty happy with English as a whole tbh.

HSC
Can someone upload the paper or reproduce the actual questions thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)