General Thoughts: English Advanced Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
How did you only get 96 in English...
I'm putting it down to the fact that I poorly chose to do only 1 related in Mod C (for the first time all year) knowing that it was probably weaker than my essay with 2 relateds which I ended up with 16.5 in :haha: Also I bummed Mod A a little and only got 17.5

But thanks for your flattery :p

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
I'm putting it down to the fact that I poorly chose to do only 1 related in Mod C (for the first time all year) knowing that it was probably weaker than my essay with 2 relateds which I ended up with 16.5 in :haha: Also I bummed Mod A a little and only got 17.5

But thanks for your flattery :p
Yup...

RayRay

HSC
96 in english is so much harder than 96 in any maths level though...
Even getting raw 90 is ridiculously hard. My tutor segmented the people who get 90+, its like 8% extension, 2% adv english people. But a 96 is nearly on the verge of state ranking.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
did you buy your raw marks back? think it's worth it?
I was curious, especially for Legal since I somehow magic'd a 97 exam mark and my mum was offering to pay for it so I think it was worth it. Some people find the results really surprising, like my friend had a 94 exam mark and he was wondering where he went wrong and it just turned out he got a 12/20 for Hamlet and 18+ for everything else.

Last edited:

ahranee96

HSC
I didn't read the appreciation bit! I wrote all about ambition. But I never once mentioned appreciation!!!! I just wrote about how it is trying to warn society of the consequences of ambition and i did comparison. But I never said anything about comparison! How much do you think I can get for that now???

aloha2145

HSC
N/A
how many marks will one lose if they're paragraph was really long for modb

HSC
Screwed Module A to the max... Completely forgot my whole essay and was just going off the little parts I remembered...

Thankgod for the Module B question & how BOS didn't specify a speech this year. Only knew 2 very well and was able to use them and absolutely BS the crap out of the question

Module C was an OK question.. Not sure if I incorporated manipulation enough but I guess we will just wait and see what happens.

HSC
Uni Grad
I was glad that I understood the Mod C question, unlike the ones Ive seen. Module A was okay I guess. Mod B on the otherhand, *forgets Deane and instead writes about Atwood* :/ apart from answering the q in relation to place, I hope I answered the q? :blink2:

daboom69

HSC
i reckon I'll get an exceeds expectations in my NEWTS. I want to be an auror when i grow up in the ministry of magic.

Liv1712

HSC
I loved it! Module A (BladeStein) was nice, wrote about the strive (the ambition) to be human and to have a purpose in life, Module C (Julius Caesar) was awesome, and Module B (Orwell) sucked arse. Only occurred to me that "time and place" meant "context" AFTER I left the exam. And I forgot some quotes halfway through the essay. =/
I'm hoping they give me pity points for my Mod B essay, because it sucked majorly. :D

_BD

HSC
I approached Hamlet by looking at:
1. Polonius' place in society. It demonstrated that corruption and pretension are reduced to naught (because he died) supported by Michael D Bristol's critical reading, "His replies are so pregnant" "Brevity is the soul of wit" and "Where's Polonius?" "At supper" "At supper? Where?" etc etc, and Bakhtin's carnivalesque.
2. Ophelia's place in society/corrupt treatment of women by Laertes. As the modern responder is in a different time/context, they can read Hamlet with respect to the representation of women in light of the rise of feminism supported by the exchange between Ophelia and Laertes talking about her "treasure chaste" and his hypocrisy.
3. Claudius' place in his family and with religion. He was excluded from the sub plot of the father-son revenge-loyalty theme and distanced from heaven because of his 'rank offence'/corruption. "Hamlet thou hast thy father much offended" "no mother you have my father much offended"
4. Hamlet's place in the play as he struggles between his father and himself and all in the second soliloquy.

I think I stretched 'time' 'place' and 'corruption' a bit but I hope they just see it as very insightful or something :/ aha

survey

HSC
Hey, with the module c question is it wrong if i only said to some extent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)