General Thoughts: English Advanced Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

joey12

HSC
Mod C question for The Justice Games was perfect! To bad only got in half my prepared essay, still hit 5 pages (big writing) and i ended it with a good conclusions so it looked complete. Mod B for Cloudstreet, not sure if i went well or started to believe my own bullsht. Mod A for Shakespeare worked well. Pretty happy overall, except i was so rushed i don't think i made my essays sound very sophisticated.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Frankenrunner: The desire for individual recognition is an idea which connects Frankenstein and Bladerunner. How do these texts from different contexts reflect changing perspectives on this idea?

Hamlet:

Gave us an extract from what Hamlet says when he sees Claudius praying.

In your view, how does Shakespeare's portrayal of the complex nature of revenge contribute to the enduring values of Hamlet? In your response, make detailed reference to the extract from Hamlet and the play as a whole.
FR/BR 2014 seems harder than 2013.

hamlet 2014 is probably easier than 2013.

mreditor16

HSC
Okay, can finally give my thoughts since I just got back from doing 3U Latin :)

Mod A (frank / blade) was alright, my essay did fit relatively well into "individual recognition" but I fear I didn't touch upon on the "changing perspectives" part at all :/

Mod B (hamlet)was decent, revenge worked well into my essay. I touched the extract four times and analysed it twice during my analysis. so that was alright, but I don't think I worked in the extract well enough.

Mod C (hughes) was alright, a nice Q. I think too many people took the concept of power too literally - me and the few others understood it as the power of the composer which then works well :)

so decently good paper. but I do feel for the speeches and poetry people for mod b :/

Last edited:

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Omg guys its over. my hand hurts from writing 54 pages of crap.

Mod A was good, so was Mod B
then freaking mod c comes along... I answered the question, but I dont think I did it well at all LOL :(
Even if I wrote out my prepared essays word for word without answering the question, I wouldn't even get to over 27 pages... Let alone 54 LOL

HPF, you're the greatest essay quantity writer in the history of the HSC.

Last edited:

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Mod A (frank / blade) was alright, the question did fit relatively well into "individual recognition" but I fear I didn't touch upon on the "changing perspectives" part at all :/

Mod B (hamlet)was decent, revenge worked well into my essay. I touched the extract four times and analysed it twice during my analysis. so that was alright, but I don't think I worked in the extract well enough.

Mod C (hughes) was alright, a nice Q. I think too many people took the concept of power too literally - me and the few others understood it as the power of the composer which then works well :)

so decently good paper. but I do feel for the speeches and poetry people for mod b :/
It's definitely the power of the composer - Mod C is about representation after all

harrypotterfan

HSC

Mod A (frank / blade) was alright, the question did fit relatively well into "individual recognition" but I fear I didn't touch upon on the "changing perspectives" part at all :/

I DID THAT TOO OMG I FEEL SO RELIEVED

I honestly intially thought it was like "history is written by the victors" but had no idea how to argue with it so instead I made the composers of my texts power hungry monsters (soz) who capitalise on the lack of truth because humanity desperately wants this non-existent truth anyway

yeah this is what I mean when I say I made no sense. The 54 pages were nothing but poor quality, I think its not necessarily a good thing... pretty sure markers will frown on it

harrypotterfan

HSC
Even if I wrote out my prepared essays word for word without answering the question, I wouldn't even get to over 27 pages... Let alone 54 LOL

haha but it's not necessarily a good thing. I rambled wayyy too much + progressively bigger handwriting as my hand got tired

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad

Lol, RoT is mean!

mreditor16

HSC
how much do you think BOSTES wanted us to talk about "changing perspectives" in Mod A? that's got me worried :O I didn't mention it all :/

:/

iStudent

HSC
In 2 hours?

You wrote 18 pages per module? HOLY SHIT.

Good job :D hopefully you SR
That's 6 booklets!
which is twice as much as I used! (almost, I did 3 3 4)
... and I write at around 30 wpm (a bit less though, since I wasn't writing as fast)
But still, that means you were either literally writing 2 or 3 words per line (cos I wrote 4-6 words a line) or you were writing at 50 words per minute!!!
Are a god?

harrypotterfan

HSC
how much do you think BOSTES wanted us to talk about "changing perspectives" in Mod A? that's got me worried :O I didn't mention it all :/

:/
I think you should be okay as long as you demonstrated the shift in values over time by contextual differences

That's 6 booklets!
which is twice as much as I used! (almost, I did 3 3 4)
... and I write at around 30 wpm (a bit less though, since I wasn't writing as fast)
But still, that means you were either literally writing 2 or 3 words per line (cos I wrote 4-6 words a line) or you were writing at 50 words per minute!!!
Are a god?
Ofc towards the last 2-3 booklets I did end up with 3 words per line looool but usually around 5ish? I hope the markers can decipher my handwriting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)