General Thoughts: English Advanced Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

bananaland

HSC
Conflicting perspectives question was a bit weird... MOD A was alright, MOD B alright.....

Champouf

HSC
Was anyone thrown off by how the title of the Deane speech was different? When I studied it, it was called ‘On the occasion of a Ecumenical Service for the Victims of the Canyoning Tragedy.' So, when I read it I was like, wtf B.O.S? Why do we have to reference some random...oh... I felt like such a tool.
Did not like Mod A (TGG and EBB) Found it hard to link to EBB without nitpicking the shit out of it.
Mod C was alright, I think. I'm kind of second guessing myself now since I interpreted power as having more influence than the other representations... I don't know how some of you people are writing 3-4 booklets for each module, I was on the first page of my third booklet for C and B. I almost finished my second booklet for A. You are all cray.

Trials were way easier, I think that was honestly the worst set of questions I've ever seen for my modules...

Iwillget9995

HSC
Crap, I interpreted it completely differently. I was like the view we are presented of the past are written by the 'winners' of history as they are the ones with the power to influence representations :/
you're fine, the person you quoted is wrong. that is an incorrect interpretation.

QZP

HSC
Crap, I interpreted it completely differently. I was like the view we are presented of the past are written by the 'winners' of history as they are the ones with the power to influence representations :/
Ohh that's interesting! I wouldn't say that's wrong (I had a quote somewhere that was like "History is created by the presenters of history themselves")

ushnakhalid

HSC
Caesar question was epic, speeches was slightly annoying but luckily i knew Deane (most of my cohort didnt)
read the frankenstein question 10 times and still couldnt figure out exactly what it meant, wrote down 3 booklets of bs hoping it answered the question lol anyone care to explain?

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
I interpreted it as power = emotional response, truth = traditional history
(basically discussion of the interplay between history and memory)
Lolllll I didn't do that :(
I think I did truth as being history, but power as being the ability of the author to manipulate representations within a text...

QZP

HSC
Yeah I don't think that's wrong. Power has too many possibilities... power to manipulate representations... power to evoke emotional responses. All good!

Iwillget9995

HSC
Ohh that's interesting! I wouldn't say that's wrong (I had a quote somewhere that was like "History is created by the presenters of history themselves")
IMO I think that's the obvious/way you're supposed to interpret it, and I feel like your interpretation was squirreling a bit...

ushnakhalid

HSC
I think I did truth as being history, but power as being the ability of the author to manipulate representations within a text...
same, thats what most of the people i know did too. Sounds right m8

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I didn't even see deane coming. Thank goodness they didnt specify it last year.

The people who bought my essay would have coped nonetheless, as I had covered Deane quite well :)

NeonGreen

HSC
Yeah I don't think that's wrong. Power has too many possibilities... power to manipulate representations... power to evoke emotional responses. All good!
I wrote something similar :) talked about social, political and intellectual power. The power of speech and language in conveying and manipulating concepts and ideas. Stuffs lyk dat

HSC
Yeah this is exactly what I did, I think the BOS will take into account the different types of power :)

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Mod A for Frankenstein was the worst question I've ever seen (note: I haven't seen many, I didn't do practice essays); Mod B for Yeats was really gross, what the hell does inspiration have to do with anytimg? Luckily they specified a poem I knew though. Mod C for conflicting perspectives could have been worse, fit well with my related text and thankfully they didn't require two (I didn't have two). I thought the CSSA trial was a lot easier, but at the same time this could have been heaps worse.

QZP

HSC
The reason I didn't go into manipulation (yes I did consider it) is because it was asked last year and I doubt they wanted a similar Q :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)