General Thoughts: English Advanced Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

Genial

HSC
Lolllll I didn't do that :(
I think I did truth as being history, but power as being the ability of the author to manipulate representations within a text...
I wrote that power is created through a relationship between H+M...

Iwillget9995

HSC
MOD C EXPLAINED:
(Obviously other interpretations are possible, however this was the intended interpretation).

The prevailing view of history is one constructed by those in positions of power (i.e. history is written by the victor), rather than being an objective record of reality.

hi im trash

HSC
i liked module c. module a was meh, module b was the killer. :\... ugh.. had to be deane...

Last edited:

Maxwell

bow peasants
HSC
Fucking Deane

Fucking Deane

get rekt

inb4Maxwell

caps

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I SAW DEANE THERE AND WAS LIKE LOL I WANT TO KILL MYSELF AND THE QUESTION WAS HORRIBLE AND I WAS INTERRUPTED BY A DUMB BITCH WHO WAS COMPLAINING I WAS WRITING TOO LOUD SO I ASKED TO GET MOVED AWAY FROM HER WHAT I FUCKING BITCH HOPE SHE DIES SHE MADE ME FORGET MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT AND WILL NOW PROBS GET SHIT

BUT I WAS SEMI-PREPARED FOR DEANE - THE QUESTION WAS SHIT THOUGH

WHY DID THEY SPECIFY HIS SPEECH IT'S AS IF THEY WANT TO KILL EVERYBODY

non-caps

module a was good i was able to come up with something good on the spot

module c was pretty good i was also able to come up with something good on the spot

HAPPY THAT THEY DIDN'T PRESCRIBE TWO RELATED TEXTS HELL YEAH AND DIDN'T ASK US TO WRITE IN OTHER FORMATS (although if it was a feature article I would've had fun coz i can integrate tacky humour).

SuchSmallHands

HSC
I didn't define power? Argh now I'm stressed. My thesis was that power can imbue persuasion upon one perspective at a single point in time but eventually the truthful perspective will always triumph. I just assumed power mean power and truth meant truth?! I take back what I said about mod c being okay now!

Iwillget9995

HSC
caps

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I SAW DEANE THERE AND WAS LIKE LOL I WANT TO KILL MYSELF AND THE QUESTION WAS HORRIBLE AND I WAS INTERRUPTED BY A DUMB BITCH WHO WAS COMPLAINING I WAS WRITING TOO LOUD SO I ASKED TO GET MOVED AWAY FROM HER WHAT I FUCKING BITCH HOPE SHE DIES SHE MADE ME FORGET MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT AND WILL NOW PROBS GET SHIT

BUT I WAS SEMI-PREPARED FOR DEANE - THE QUESTION WAS SHIT THOUGH

WHY DID THEY SPECIFY HIS SPEECH IT'S AS IF THEY WANT TO KILL EVERYBODY

non-caps

module a was good i was able to come up with something good on the spot

module c was pretty good i was also able to come up with something good on the spot

HAPPY THAT THEY DIDN'T PRESCRIBE TWO RELATED TEXTS HELL YEAH AND DIDN'T ASK US TO WRITE IN OTHER FORMATS (although if it was a feature article I would've had fun coz i can integrate tacky humour).
Jesus, "writing too loud". What a fuckwit.

NeonGreen

HSC
I didn't define power? Argh now I'm stressed. My thesis was that power can imbue persuasion upon one perspective at a single point in time but eventually the truthful perspective will always triumph. I just assumed power mean power and truth meant truth?! I take back what I said about mod c being okay now!
Chill brah, English is subjectiveeeee :) :)

QZP

HSC
MOD C EXPLAINED:
(Obviously other interpretations are possible, however this was the intended interpretation).

The prevailing view of history is one constructed by those in positions of power (i.e. history is written by the victor), rather than being an objective record of reality.
Damn I'm fked then. What mark am I capped at if I interpreted it as: Representations of past events with the power to evoke emotional responses in readers allows for a personal and thus more complete representation of the past as opposed to objective recordings.

ushnakhalid

HSC
Damn I'm fked then. What mark am I capped at if I interpreted it as: Representations of past events with the power to evoke emotional responses in readers allows for a personal and thus more complete representation of the past as opposed to objective recordings.
everyone interpreted it in a different way that's the point of english nothing is set in stone calm down m8

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
What is this deane thing? sounds horrible?
Pretty much the most redundant speech out of the selection. Lacks depth and insight, not many links to the other speeches, only has one core theme, meaning its hard to structure a decent thematic essay.

Iwillget9995

HSC
Depends how well you did it... if you explained it well (i.e. an emotional understanding of history is more important than a 'truthful' understanding, as all records of history are subjective), then you could get a 20. Don't sweat it, I was just explaining the most obvious interpretation.

Reactions: QZP

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Did anyone else who did conflicting perspectives feel like it was a question written more for history and memory?

Chocolatebubble

HSC
Uni Grad
I only wrote 1 booklet (3 full pages) for mod A (franken runner) because I did it last...fml

4 and bit pages for both yeats (wild swans + among school children) and julius caesar

I feel so sick at how little i did. I wish i wrote faster (but my hand was cramping up so bad >.<)

band 6 dream flying away

britaker

HSC
Hahahaha oh man, you're hilarious.
I just scraped 100/105 for the trial, I'm hoping for around similar this time round :3 Probably won't unless assumed I lost all my marks in paper II and got 45/45 for paper I, OR I only lost 1-2 marks for mod B.

greengirl01

HSC
Did anyone else reference the Hamlet quote to another character (not Hamlet?)
...or am I the only one? :(

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)