General Thoughts: English Extension 1 (1 Viewer)

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Navigating the global... there was a collective sigh in the room as we all opened our papers considering how much we were stressing about it!

I loved the questions, really happy with it all =]
complete opposite to mine, when we all saw the question bascially you could all 4 of us going FUCK under our breathes and muttering to ourselves. But i pulled myself together and realised how easy it actually was (well the analytical) stupid creative though why we're the mod c questions so freakin' specific with their stimulus crap making it so hard to think of anything good to write or adapt too TT_TT but did my best so meh.
We all left soooo happy.

my god, i love the 1hr for each question thing
compared to modules and AOS it makes it seem like a breeze
agreed that makes life 10x easiser

and no more Language and Gender whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!:party::music::balloon::spin::jump::rofl::headbang::guitar::haha: celebrate good times come on!

DominicDimech

HSC
I don't know about others, but for the crime-writing elective it said to include the stimulus or part of it in in your imaginative response. Do you think we could lose marks if we used it as a stimulus but didn't put it in directly?

dizzyliz

HSC
I thought it was a pretty good exam. I do gendered language in Mod C, and I was expecting much harder questions. Pleasantly surprised!

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Re: Extension Exam - How'd it go?

All in all pretty good exam, nothing out of the ordinary.

Just hope I did as well as I wanted.

septic.

HSC
I don't know about others, but for the crime-writing elective it said to include the stimulus or part of it in in your imaginative response. Do you think we could lose marks if we used it as a stimulus but didn't put it in directly?
Yeah I'd also like to know what's the go with this.
I do After the Bomb and the creative question was also to incorporate part or all of the quote; I basically used a few words of it, i.e. roaring, drunken, swaying. So I didn't really incorporate the quote as it was but rather took words from it, which I incorporated into my story, as inspiration. I just didn't want to use the quote the way it was.
Thoughts, people?

jessica.anne

HSC
N/A

the questions were great IMO (for crime writing)
I thought so too.

Stimulus for creative fit so perfectly with my prepared story, got 10pgs. Finished it in 40mins so had lots of time for the essay, got 19pgs. Good questions.

eldore44

Facebook is better.
HSC

Crime Writing had some nice questions. I felt I couldnt go too far in depth with what my texts were commenting on because the question was more catered to how.
Didnt like the stimulus for the story so much, but I felt it could be pretty much ignored because it was vague enough.
I think I only wrote 7 pages for the essay and 4/5 for the story.

hereyes

HSC
I did Romanticism;
'twas quite nice :)
although, I guess I will have to wait and see.

I guess the questions were fair - not 'piss-easy', but not 'kill-me-now-hard'.

Let's just say I was relieved to find they didn't say "THREE PRESCRIBED TEXTS" *wipes sweat from forehead* PHEW.:hat:

accio.brain

HSC
that exam was SO awesome.
Module A, crime writing.

essay = 10 pages
creative = 13 pages

:) :)

verdades

HSC

I kind of started "nononononononononono" when I read my creative quote. But then calmed down when I realised I could relate it to my planned creative anyway. ['Planned' being an entirely mental process -.-]

13 pages for the essay, 5 for the creative, though I didn't get to finish that.
Essay question was pretty decent, I think/

Module B, After the Bomb.

One of the girls in my class - there are 5 of us - was freaking at the end because she was the only person to not ask for an extra booklet, so I'm pretty sure that the class, with the exception of her, found it pretty good.

Last edited:

hano

HSC
i thought for sure they were going to give us something really nasty but the questions were really quite good! very happy.
only issue was handwriting and i rushed a bit of my essay to get it down in an hour but then ended up with extra time because my story only took 50 minutes.
i do after the bomb, module b, thought it was very reasonable :)

blabla91

HSC
Everyone seems to love the exam so much, I didnt mind it, the essay was more straight forward than I thought but im still worried my interpretation of 'technology' and 'morality' may be too broad even though my thesis was the inverse relationship between scientific and technological progression and humanity's moral regression it just seemed like i was forcing it at times.. still wrote 20 pages haha i was so proud to move on to the third booklet

I thought the sci fi stimulus was weird no one in my class really had a clear interpretation of what it meant and while my story was all about progression and lack of progression i dont know how well i incorporated it.. still it wasnt that bad

truestar92

HSC
exam was pretty good i did after the bomb
i wrote 17 pages for the essay and 9 for the story except my hand-writting got a little bigger because of the time constraints
i think the questions were fair, i liked them

sims2lover

HSC
for romanticism i loved it. easy and straightforward. did 21 pages for my essay and 14 pages for my story lol

Shortii Tania

im not short, im fun size
HSC
i reckon the exam was good, the question for crime writing was easy and i came up with a cool story while i was reading.
I kind of did too much i think... i wrote 3 booklets and 2 booklets for the story.
I crammed ALOT, so much that i guess everything stuck...
hope it goes well.

xandersnape

HSC
I thought it was great! I did module C (NTG) and thought the essay question was really easy to talk about. The stimulus for the creative was really weird.... and waaay too specific... so I put it in a poster on the wall the character was looking at lol.....

I wrote 11 pages for the essay and 10 pages for the story and I have pretty condensed writing. It's the most I've ever written in an exam ^.^

Asking for extra booklets made me feel smart :p

DominicDimech

HSC
so did everyone else just use the quote as a stimulus or did you put it in directly?

annikab

HSC
I did NTG. I was expecting the essay question to be harder, but I still had to scram in 5 minutes reading time to figure out how to reshape what I had prepared. Turned out really well, and I think I added extra depth to the question. Stimulus for creative was a little weird though. I put it in towards the end during my character's epiphany. Also tried to incorporate it figuratively, just in case....you never know!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)