General Thoughts: English Paper 1 (AOS) (1 Viewer)

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
I got owned by the unseen texts D:

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Hardest paper I've seen (although I haven't seen many papers at all). The focus on time was something I wasn't prepared for and I don't think a lot of other people were either. Fucked the short response, but I'm happy with my essay and creative.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
78/105 gets a b5 right? i'm aiming for 33 this paper and 45 in the other
If you an advanced student then that's getting close to a band 6, and probably would get you 88-90 - easier said than done.

Demise

HSC
Unseen texts made me spend 50 minutes, the creative was hard and the essay was good.

scarvesss

howdy doo
HSC
that exam really wasnt that hard. last years essay was harder, but even still i didnt finish it. the short answers were quite dull, but the stimulus fit my creative perfectly. hopefully around 40/45 for that

Haidys

HSC
Okay so section 1 was like, the image was the back cover of a book called Abyssinia...the poem was about a farmer hugging a kid with nothing extraordinary about it (according to the poem that is)...text 3 was about a grandfather trying to remember their african heritage and text four was probably the most descriptive thing ever...all this imagery about a guy returning to Berlin after 20 years and describing some guy playing music.

Then in creative we had to write based on 5 pictures about how our perceptions on belonging can change over time, the image was like, a grandfather and grandson fishing at a dock, a kid swinging on a tree, one person just chilling or whatever, lol.

And then the essay was pretty much about how our perceptions may evolve due to moments in time and the interactions an individual has with the world.

Alkanes

HSC
Yea fk round out of time for section 1. Section somehow I was so lucky, cos it had the picture of the old grandpa with his grandson LOL. Belonging essay was ok, question was OK for my text.

Overall: Satisfied.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Okay so section 1 was like, the image was the back cover of a book called Abyssinia...the poem was about a farmer hugging a kid with nothing extraordinary about it (according to the poem that is)...text 3 was about a grandfather trying to remember their african heritage and text four was probably the most descriptive thing ever...all this imagery about a guy returning to Berlin after 20 years and describing some guy playing music.

Then in creative we had to write based on 5 pictures about how our perceptions on belonging can change over time, the image was like, a grandfather and grandson fishing at a dock, a kid swinging on a tree, one person just chilling or whatever, lol.

And then the essay was pretty much about how our perceptions may evolve due to moments in time and the interactions an individual has with the world.
Sounds like the average paper 1 lol. So no random text types or specifying 2 related texts for the essay?

Lucas_

HSC
Overall, I think neither a shocking paper nor a brilliant one. I think the 'time' theme was a bit crap. Preferred technology tbh from my trial

NBGHHS

HSC
I knew they would hit us over the head with stimulus for the creative. Thank god for my ability to bullshit.
Section 1, question 5 was one of the most difficult one of recent years. Definitely. However, if you had a proper knowledge of belonging and were able to string together techniques with the shift in belonging over time, you would have just written a high range response.
Essay was basically a ditto of my trials, so it wasn't that difficult, however i constantly found that i repeated myself, which was annoying.

On the other hand, WHO LAUGHED SILENTLY WHEN YOU READ THE WORD 'PAPA'?

gr_111

HSC

passage of time, not moments in time

Haidys

HSC
Yeah I have to say. I spent almost an hour writing my essay and had to kill my hand to quickly wrap up the creative. then the comprehension I found easy but I found myself 'dumbing down' because I was rushing, and I couldn't think of like, more articulate words or synonyms so I just made sure to pack it full of content but I didn't exactly set the world on fire with my sophistication. 2 hours is a JOKE. If we had 2 and a half hours we could proof read and finish everything up and edit out the shit parts...it's so stupid.

Haidys

HSC
Sounds like the average paper 1 lol. So no random text types or specifying 2 related texts for the essay?
Definitely not. Same old essay with one related, same old creative. Same old comprehension. Probably the only surprise for me was question 1 of the comprehension, didn't ask for a visual in big ass bold capitals like they normally do.

RishBonjour

HSC
do we need to say which image we pick?
or have a title for creative?

desmol

HSC
Section 1 was okay, I liked the two memoir excerpts but the book cover.... *shudder*
and not to mention the poem..
Section 2 I spent waaaay too long on, trying to adapt my story to the stimulus without diminishing the central idea.
Section 3 My response was a bit more basic than I'd prepared originally, having to adapt to the question and such.

Last edited:

RishBonjour

HSC
I knew they would hit us over the head with stimulus for the creative. Thank god for my ability to bullshit.
Section 1, question 5 was one of the most difficult one of recent years. Definitely. However, if you had a proper knowledge of belonging and were able to string together techniques with the shift in belonging over time, you would have just written a high range response.
Essay was basically a ditto of my trials, so it wasn't that difficult, however i constantly found that i repeated myself, which was annoying.

On the other hand, WHO LAUGHED SILENTLY WHEN YOU READ THE WORD 'PAPA'?

I think I wrote "initially" like 5 times.

HSC
hated the short answers..bullshitted so much and didnt do the 5 marker :L
Creative was pretty good but i didnt integrate stimulus as well (went for the faces in a circle)
Essay wrote heaps on but it seemed out of flow (grammar and expression)

There goes my HSC ahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)