General Thoughts: English Paper 1 (AOS) (1 Viewer)

sakura4li

HSC
I am dying to know what was in it. SHARE PEOPLE! What was the main area they focused on this time?
They based it on a 2010 paper but added the 'change in time'
HSC paper is based on past hsc paper two years ago.
2012-> 2010

Ms106

Complexity
HSC
Loved the essay question, fitted perfectly with my essay. Creative was a bit iffy, and short answers were nothing shocking. Overall, a pretty fair test.
Almost lol'd when I read Papa though,

LifeBoats

Wizard.
HSC
The photos were (if I remember correctly): A boy hanging on a bar/swing, a multiracial group of children lying in a circle, two pairs of feet with shoes (male and female), a woman at a cafe, two children smiling (brothers or sth)[
Also a father and son. I only recall that because that is what I used, haha.

Overall though, a pretty guuuud paper.

Demise

HSC
Did you guys link many themes to the essay since it said interaction with the world, and then discuss how time impacted those connections?

Airstrike

HSC
WHAT THE FREAK?! wowwww that's is the craziest creative and essay question ever

ArguablyMitch

HSC
Section one was difficult, but not too bad. The visual stimulus was rubbish though. As for the creative, I was going to pretty much make it up on the spot anyway, regardless of the stimulus/question. The essay question I wasn't prepared for at all, however I was able to adapt my knowledge of As You Like It to the question fairly well; my ORT was not really relevant at all, which was a pain in the ass so I had to BS that part of my essay. I mean really BS.

Overall a good but tough paper; managed to finish all sections in time.

Haidys

HSC
I found myself repeating a lot of the whole 'yeah so that's why this shit relates to time and his interactions and shit' but apparently they'd rather have you reference the question way too much rather than way too little so...

machine2035

HSC
N/A
Was happy with CW and Essay.

But those questions f%*#d me over. Had about 10mins to do Q4&5... and plus the supervisors took 10 years to realise I had my hand up most the time for more paper.

NBGHHS

HSC
Is it me, or is it my heart sort of jumped when i saw pictures on the Section 2 page.
I was like, screw you BOS!

freeeeee

HSC
I think the paper was normal, the concept of "time" was nice and, there were no odds things thrown at us for the paper (e.g. specific peom for Immigrant, 2 related text etc, different textual forms)

Overall loved it, the one thing i found hard was the time limit, i did creative first, Belonging essay then unseen. I read the unseen questions and didnt think it very hard so i started my creative. So i ended up strained for time for the 5 mark question, only really wrote like 2 good points, i guess ill only get like 2/5 for that Q. If i had the option of sitting the test again i would of done Unseen first, as the Qs were very easy and then did my essay and just cut some paragraphs for my belonging essay.

I picked photo 4: The picture of the man's legs (he should be from corporate world as he was wearing office pants and leather shoes), it also had a pair of women's feet (i interpreted as the man's daughter as those shoes were bright, sparkly and princess like)

Last edited:

LifeBoats

Wizard.
HSC
Did you guys link many themes to the essay since it said interaction with the world, and then discuss how time impacted those connections?
Absolutely. I wrote about interactions of culture, identity and acceptance and linked these themes to relationships and essentially discussed how time affected these relationships and the individual's perceptions of these relationships.

So what I'm trying to say is, I BSed my way through.

desmol

HSC
Apparently the teacher of one of the Standard classes at my school guessed the time theme, but I didn't expect it all all

Also, the supervisors at my school wasted half our reading time saying prayers and explaining the freaking paper URGH

SuperSuperSuper

HSC
I did well in the Creative and Essay. But for the short answers..I think ill probably get 8/15... Just the short answers stuffed me up...

2k2cus.png

onedaysnotice

HSC
It wasn't that bad, but....I FREAKING RAN OUT OF TIME! Insta-lost 5 marks cuz I didn't get time to do q5 of short answers TT^TT

Demise

HSC
Absolutely. I wrote about interactions of culture, identity and acceptance and linked these themes to relationships and essentially discussed how time affected these relationships and the individual's perceptions of these relationships.

So what I'm trying to say is, I BSed my way through.
Sweet, I linked ones place in society, court vs pastoralism, ones relationships with others, etc, and said how time affected them and how one viewed it. Great to hear! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)