General Thoughts: English Paper 1 (AOS) (1 Viewer)

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Spent an hour on each of them and didn't bother doing the creative option (which I was under prepared for) because I didn't want it bringing my mark down. All in all, I thought it was easier than I'd expected

Im not sure if you're being serious
He's just recounting his experience from last year. ;)

Doubt he's serious though.

I actually do know a kid who skipped creative writing section last year in the HSC. He still got a final aligned mark of 88.

spresto

HSC
What do you mean only your best 2 sections count? The whole tests counts!!!

bhsrepresent

HSC
Pretty happy with AOS paper.

Creative was perfectly aligned to my story. Essay was pretty goood. Should get close to full marks for short answers. Hoping for a 42+ (maybe that can redeem my shocking Hamlet)

BUT - the only thing that has me thinking is the fact that the short answer questions never explicitly mentioned belonging (so neither did I - I just wrote extensively on whatever the q was asking) - thoughts? Do you have to link it to belonging even though its not in the question?

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad

Creative was perfectly aligned to my story. Essay was pretty goood. Should get close to full marks for short answers. Hoping for a 42+ (maybe that can redeem my shocking Hamlet)

BUT - the only thing that has me thinking is the fact that the short answer questions never explicitly mentioned belonging (so neither did I - I just wrote extensively on whatever the q was asking) - thoughts? Do you have to link it to belonging even though its not in the question?

Nah, belonging is only the central study and It's the whole idea of why you're sitting the next, but it remains unnecessary to write about it.

Last edited:

gilza95

HSC

Hahaha I think you're getting 12 not 42 mate

bhsrepresent

HSC
guess you already have problems

I have 5 kids too

and I can juggle atar, gym, kids, wife

etc

all this while being 17
You can't sit here and tell me gym doesn't completely ruin the flow of study.

Brb transitioning from intellectual philosopher into primitive warrior and expecting to come back and actually study...

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad

Brb transitioning from intellectual philosopher into primitive warrior and expecting to come back and actually study...
It doesn't

It increased my writing speed profoundly in the English exam

bhsrepresent

HSC

Did I just say HSC is intellectual? Philosophical?

Let me correct myself - mindless wrotelearning that is of no practical or intellectual use**

bhsrepresent

HSC
no

lift more = strengthen muscles = write for longer

ever wonder why I carry a 30kg briefcase as my schoolbag?

So I know your a troll but I'll dispute your claim anyway..

The skills used to violently write 1000+ word essays are not the same as those to deadlift. It's fine motor vs gross motor. The small muscles in your forearm/ hand don't get really get trained in any significant way that will add to your writing skills when you lift heavy shit

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
So I know your a troll but I'll dispute your claim anyway..

The skills used to violently write 1000+ word essays are not the same as those to deadlift. It's fine motor vs gross motor. The small muscles in your forearm/ hand don't get really get trained in any significant way that will add to your writing skills when you lift heavy shit
wow idiot

you're assuming my only exercise is deadlift

I write 2000 words every 40 minutes

you write 800

now leave me alone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)