General Thoughts: English Paper 1 (AOS) (1 Viewer)

photastic

HSC
HAHAHHAAH

One of the old men came to my table and I was asking him something whilst he blew his nose and fking snot fell on my table. He didn't even fkn clean it so I had to put a tissue on it lol. Worst thing ever.
Its a sign saying "Dont fken ask questions" :p

Beterban

HSC
is it okay if i didnt have the word belonging in my essay - it was asking about connections - i had 'connections'

pastelchild

HSC
N/A
loved the essay question, comprehension was okay... and my planned creative was no where near communities so i had to adapt in a reallyyyyy weird way... ughhhhhh... paper 2 tomorrow!!!!!!! :(

Last edited:

Sherlock

HSC
N/A
For the creative, I mentioned the first quote, and then straight-away skipped the to next scene, is that fine?

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I'm so happy my predictions for identity were right! It fit with my generic, I just had to twist the perceptions thing to fit right in. As for creative, i smushed the second one together with the first sentence of my thing. My story isn't necessarily about "larger-world, society" type communities, but hopefully they interpret it as familial communities :)

Not sure what I talked about in section 1 though, I used the first text and tried to bs my way through whilst desperately searching for techniques. Lol. Gg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
For the creative, I mentioned the first quote, and then straight-away skipped the to next scene, is that fine?
Did you develop a relationship between the quote and your story?

Beterban

HSC
is it okay if i didnt have the word belonging in my essay - it was asking about connections - i had 'connections' - guys please answer

mreditor16

HSC
I'm so happy my predictions for identity were right! It fit with my generic, I just had to twist the perceptions thing to fit right in. As for creative, i smushed the second one together with the first sentence of my thing. My story isn't necessarily about "larger-world, society" type communities, but hopefully they interpret it as familial communities :)

Not sure what I talked about in section 1 though, I used the first text and tried to bs my way through whilst desperately searching for techniques. Lol. Gg.

pretty much felt the same :)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Just looked at the 2014 exam.

My thoughts as a 2013er :haha:

Section 1:
- Very weird. No 2 marker. Just a bunch of 3 markers then a 6 marker.
- 6 marker - very surprised. It's just basically another 3 marker (since you only need to choose ONE text, rather than TWO texts), except you need to increase your analysis.
- Actual questions themselves are actually easy.

Section 2:
- No central element BS. Just simply a first sentence needs to be used.
- Individuals finding their place in a community? Well, I can see some kids having creatives that might not fit that.
- Overall, pretty good question if you ask me.

Section 3:
- Identity being shaped by connections? That is such a NICE question.
- Basically, any decent generic essay can be easily adapted to this question.

I think 2014 AoS as a whole = relatively easy AoS paper.

Chocolatebubble

HSC
Uni Grad
SHORT ANSWERS

S
HORT

A
NSWERS

WHY DO THEY EXIST. THAT WAS CANCER.

I spent way too much time on them and didnt even finish. I had to finish my creative in 25-30 mins (left out ~100 words out of 1100) and then zip into extended, but I couldnt write the last stretch, aka my 2nd related paragraph. so to save my structure i had to write the conclusion

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
is it okay if i didnt have the word belonging in my essay - it was asking about connections - i had 'connections' - guys please answer
Idk I linked my thesis to belonging because AOS is about belonging?

ushnakhalid

HSC
not but srs did anyone else write about two texts in the 6 marker by accident lmao

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Connections, association, inclusion, belonging, solidarity etc. - it's all correlated words.

In fact, teachers prefer that students avoid using the word 'belonging' too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)