General Thoughts: English Standard Paper 2 (Modules) (1 Viewer)

dotdot*love

HSC
DAMN!! I LOVE THIS PAPER!! although moduole 3 was quite unexpected... gotta change the structure of my witness essay abit... but overalll was a very good paper... damn BOS is nicee aaahahha

boo92

HSC
considering my dislike for english i liked the paper. section 1 (henry lawson) threw me a little but i actually liked my section 2 question (there's not much else you can write about war poetry than suffering and pity). section 3 - perfect.

rachel2219

HSC
Section I was fine, Section II was really unexpected (I had to change so many parts of my essay), and I had a mental blank during Section III. Damn Billy Elliott. :mad1:
I feel your pain. The third module question was so simple to relate with Billy Elliot but I completely blanked and ran out of time.

3p1c f41lur3

HSC
it was all nice n shit and when i saw section 2 about text... that shit tipped me off... so i left it last and ramble nonsense in it

00iCon

HSC
it was all nice n shit and when i saw section 2 about text... that shit tipped me off... so i left it last and ramble nonsense in it
I recommend doing Wilfred Owen. Sooooooo easy. so many techniques. Did 5 pages on Dluce Et Decorum Est alone! Then i noticed 40 min had passed and i did a single paragraph on Anthem for Doomed Youth, listing only 1 technique: the assonance in the title.

Freakstyler09

HSC
I recommend doing Wilfred Owen. Sooooooo easy. so many techniques. Did 5 pages on Dluce Et Decorum Est alone! Then i noticed 40 min had passed and i did a single paragraph on Anthem for Doomed Youth, listing only 1 technique: the assonance in the title.
Fuck almost the same here, GG HSC feel like necking myself

woo217

HSC
hahahah yeh wilfred owen was good i also did dulce et decorum est and anthem too lol the title had assonance and it is also ironic cause its not an anthem but its showing the lack of respect

Rainie

HSC
I thought it was a fair paper.

Ran out of time to do my third theme in Witness, screwed up majorly in Section 2 as I spent too much time on Section 3.

Katie92

HSC
you never really know how you went until you get it back :)

M155LILY

HSC
Section I was pretty easy,
Section II - I blanked out completely for Witness, I couldn't choose whether to write about Book or Rachel,
Section III was ok I guess, though I needed a few more minutes :(

Freakstyler09

HSC
you never really know how you went until you get it back :)
True, but if u really think u stuffed up based on how u geniunely felt about your performance in the exam...than u know English may be the prick that is poking ur arse, when ur expecting a good score.

amydebonis

HSC
i thought the paper was ok... but like the comments that seem to keep resurfacing on this blog the witness question really threw me. I was also expecting a more theme based question such as contrasting themes of corruption/innocence clash of cultures between the 'english' and the amish community etc.. etc

shady145

Banned
HSC
personally i thought it was average... it would be good but they stuck a shit question in there... module B for The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night time they needed a more complex question so i could answer it more complex... Damn you question

waza_

HSC
Module A was so crazy, I walked into the exam with no thesis points or related texts for Module A and when I read the question out of no where I came up with 3 thesis points and a related text, did 4 pages in 20 minutes. To this day I'm still confused on how I did it

Module B was a bitch for Witness but managed to write 4 pages on it, I think that will be my lowest marked one.

Module C was the best. I had Tom Brennan as my prescribed text and used 2 absolute PERFECT related texts, I worked really hard on getting the structure right and finding relevant quotes for my thesis points

But as said before, we don't know until we get the results

On another note, NO MORE ENGLISH!!!!

Freshjiver

HSC
Section 1; Distinctively Visual, Maestro - pretty good, general question, the fact that they asked for ONE related text meant i could go in detail + discuss more themes. wrote 12 pages.

Section 2; Close Study, Wilfred Owen - yeah fair decent, i did 'anthem for doomed youth' and rather than 'dulce' i did 'disabled', based on the aim of being different to 90% of the state. wrote 11 pages.

Section 3; Into The World, Billy Elliot - basic into the world question, was pretty broad if you had texts that did relate to 'into the world' well. used TWO related texts, with one text i supported the quote, with the other i challenged it. wrote 14 pages.

PS - fucccck that question for witness and the other options looked like it would have sucked, after all that studying; asking for ONE character analyis ?! unlucky, everyone will go pretty bad though so i expect that won't be marked too hard.

Hoping for a band 6! - but it is unlikely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)