General Thoughts: English Standard Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

nice

HSC
:confused: :confused: :confused: yeah, i reckon the paper was the easiest from seeing past papers.
i did strictly ballroom(16pages), shoehorn sonata (8 pages), raw ( 1 page)the introduction only due to time mangement cozzz i didint have time so screwd .but do u guys thing i i will get into band 5 like 80? coz i did ok in strictlyy ballrom and shoehorn sonata but raw:bomb:

and i think i did ok in my first paper my ranking is 13/78 would u guys thik tht will pull me up??????

mattyh.180sx

HSC
yeah dis paper was orite, i think section 1 was tha easiest and section 2 was ok it kinda screwed up at tha end of it den section 3 i didn't even hav enough time to finish it i did bout half of it, i was glad u only had to do 1 related text for section 3 which was good. i wished i had more time tho...

zedzed

HSC
nice said:
:confused: :confused: :confused: yeah, i reckon the paper was the easiest from seeing past papers.
i did strictly ballroom(16pages), shoehorn sonata (8 pages), raw ( 1 page)the introduction only due to time mangement cozzz i didint have time so screwd .but do u guys thing i i will get into band 5 like 80? coz i did ok in strictlyy ballrom and shoehorn sonata but raw:bomb:

and i think i did ok in my first paper my ranking is 13/78 would u guys thik tht will pull me up??????
dude.. not to be pessimistic but you missed out on a whole section - that's 20% down the drain. that means the maximum mark you can get now is a little over 80%. do YOU think you've scored almost full marks in your other sections and also paper 1? i don't know, perhaps you have.

helloash

HSC
i thought the exam was easy, compared to paper 1
they were all essays *amazed* and they were all very straight forward but i didnt write as much as i wanted to about 20 pages coz my hand was killin me!!!!
does anyone know if ranks can give u a slightly higher mark?? coz im coming 4th out of 40 or 45

Ricky09

HSC
zedzed said:
dude.. not to be pessimistic but you missed out on a whole section - that's 20% down the drain. that means the maximum mark you can get now is a little over 80%. do YOU think you've scored almost full marks in your other sections and also paper 1? i don't know, perhaps you have.
zedzed has a point. I'm ranked first, did 27 pages for journey and 29 for modules and im still doubting a band 5.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
That was the easiest Modules Paper ever! No specified text types!!! Questions were easy. I reckon my responses in Module A and Module C will be at least mid band 5 to borderline band 5/6, and Module B borderlining band 4/5 to mid band 5.

For Module A, the question was pretty interesting. I did Image and Strictly Ballroom. I somehow kinda diverged into some philosophical appreciation of the 'power of image'. Dunno how and why I did that. At least ONE related text! Yay! I had a crappy second related text just in case they ask for two, but I'm glad I didn't have to write about it...
For Module B, that question was pretty general and I was too used to pratising with more specific questions. I did the Drama text, The Shoe Horn Sonata. Seeing how this is admittedly my weakest module, I BSed my way through the themes and techniques adding a bit a personal voice along with textual and contextual appreciation here and there...bla...bla...bla...lol
For Module C, I think this was the first time they ever asked for at least ONE related text. Most of the time they ask for at least TWO. I did Institutions and Individual Experience. I did two related texts anyway because I had prepared two related texts and one of them showed protest, another showed compliance whilst Raw showed both = comparison! That was a pretty easy giveaway question...
Too bad the same can't be said for Paper 1....

29 pages for Modules? WTF! Your writing must be pretty large (or fast)...I only managed 19 pages in total....and I had at around 5-7 words a line....

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
That was the easiest Modules Paper ever! No specified text types!!! Questions were easy. I reckon my responses in Module A and Module C will be at least mid band 5 to borderline band 5/6, and Module B borderlining band 4/5 to mid band 5.

For Module A, the question was pretty interesting. I did Image and Strictly Ballroom. I somehow kinda diverged into some philosophical appreciation of the 'power of image'. Dunno how and why I did that. At least ONE related text! Yay! I had a crappy second related text just in case they ask for two, but I'm glad I didn't have to write about it...
For Module B, that question was pretty general and I was too used to pratising with more specific questions. I did the Drama text, The Shoe Horn Sonata. Seeing how this is admittedly my weakest module, I BSed my way through the themes and techniques adding a bit a personal voice along with textual and contextual appreciation here and there...bla...bla...bla...lol
For Module C, I think this was the first time they ever asked for at least ONE related text. Most of the time they ask for at least TWO. I did Institutions and Individual Experience. I did two related texts anyway because I had prepared two related texts and one of them showed protest, another showed compliance whilst Raw showed both = comparison! That was a pretty easy giveaway question...

29 pages for Modules? WTF! Your writing must be pretty large (or fast)...I only managed 19 pages in total....and I had around 5-7 words a line....

EraserDust

HSC
Poetry was straighforward, so was Institution / Individual. Asides from the first section on image, everything was fine. Overall don't think I went well though, I'm much too slow at writing to cover everything in enough detail.

butterflyxx

HSC
Why are they so lenient this year? Last year's one was HORRIBLE. I was practicing and i got fed up and made up my own questions hahah

meteorangela

HSC
Better than expected - ALL ESSAYS!! Woot. lets just hope the examiners like what i write. they won't, but that's english for ya.

Ricky09

HSC
Trebla said:

29 pages for Modules? WTF! Your writing must be pretty large (or fast)...I only managed 19 pages in total....and I had at around 5-7 words a line....
Not that big at all. 6-9 words a line i would say. Practice though. I'd written so many essays in preparation.

Dance Queen

Dance Queen
HSC
hey, i completely agree i loved our paper i thought is was so much better than paper one.

Melon4Pumpkin

HSC
I Loved this paper!
way easier than i expected... all essay omg!
i was waiting for something weird n hard but it never came..
im just glad.... ENGLISH IS OVER FOREVER!!!!!

adamantium

HSC
im surprised dey only wanted at least ONE related when dey usually want at least TWO...for module C

wacko odie

HSC
omg! that was way, way,way easier than i thought and expected.
i did strictly ballroom, wilfred owen poems and raw and i couldn't believe they were all essays...that's all we practiced in class all year so i had been stressing about the fact that i couldn't write feature articles or anything of the like.
although it was easier than i expected, i thought the strictly ballroom question was wierd and harder to answer than the other 2 modules. i ran out of time, didn't answer the question fully and didn't get to start writing about my own text.
did anyone else think that the wilfred owen question was easy? or that they ran out of time? or that it was extremely easy compared to paper 1? paper 1 was horrible in comparison!
oh well, glad that was the last english exam we EVER have to do! :)

bugger69kr

HSC
i swear i was scared when i recieved the papers! but in reading time i actually enjoyed it!:D hahaha

MOD B WAS PWNAAAAGEEE! witness question..so vague !
mod A i bullshitted the from half way cas i couldnt rememba -_-;
mod C was good good

all essays...all my time looking at other forms of structure wot a waste!!!

NO MORE ENGLISH BOIZ no more journeys no more modules for rest of life!
im gonna burn all the work i did last night trying to memorise the friggen crap got like 20 pages of scrap !!>_<;;

berra

HSC
i wrote 41 pages all up :/
i dnt think thats normal...
and y is evry1 saying d paper was so good? im gnna cryyy :( i reckon paper 1 was 50985097560 times better than the stupid modules 1.

emma n clueless was bloody easy, ok. but king lear? like at first i didnt get d question re-read it so many times n den i thought i understood, n just as i was bout 2 start, i realised we hd 2 focus on LEAR'S character n how it influenced all the stuff WITH the scenes... n i hadnt done that before (btw, 4 all of u that rememba... i told u that king lear was gnna 100% ask bout scenes...) anywho, frontline was ok, but i didnt say it enhanced, i said stuff like the satire allows us 2 see the truth, hence enhancing the idea for us to reject wat we see on commercial tv....

and i LOVE ENGLISH! im so dissapointed...
well at least its ova.... got 3 more 2 go n im gnna partayy

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
berra said:
i wrote 41 pages all up :/
i dnt think thats normal...
and y is evry1 saying d paper was so good? im gnna cryyy :( i reckon paper 1 was 50985097560 times better than the stupid modules 1.

emma n clueless was bloody easy, ok. but king lear? like at first i didnt get d question re-read it so many times n den i thought i understood, n just as i was bout 2 start, i realised we hd 2 focus on LEAR'S character n how it influenced all the stuff WITH the scenes... n i hadnt done that before (btw, 4 all of u that rememba... i told u that king lear was gnna 100% ask bout scenes...) anywho, frontline was ok, but i didnt say it enhanced, i said stuff like the satire allows us 2 see the truth, hence enhancing the idea for us to reject wat we see on commercial tv....

and i LOVE ENGLISH! im so dissapointed...
well at least its ova.... got 3 more 2 go n im gnna partayy
*intruder alert* *intruder alert* *intruder alert*
This isn't the English Advanced forum. You love English, learn to read the title of the forum carefully....
You can cry with everyone else in the other forum, who apparently share your feelings about the exam......:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)