General Thoughts: English Standard Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

rabbitohs123

HSC
N/A
The Distinctively visual question.

It said "with reference to your prescribed text & ONE related text"

Am I allowed to write about 2 Henry Lawon short stories + my related, even though it said "with reference to your prescribed text" as in only 1 ?

Boonyak

HSC
The Distinctively visual question.

It said "with reference to your prescribed text & ONE related text"

Am I allowed to write about 2 Henry Lawon short stories + my related, even though it said "with reference to your prescribed text" as in only 1 ?
I did this :/

Keelan134

HSC
Did anyone else's co-ordinators make the cohort write their student numbers and other details during their exams? Seems counter-intuitive and wasted a good 5 or more minutes.
Nope, We can do it whenever, I filled out all my stuff at the end

Keelan134

HSC
One text means one document as a whole, so two stories within a book would be fine. Its like analysing Poems for Skrzynecki, you can talk about as many of them as you want.

I can summarise Paper 2 with a quote from law abiding citizen...."That's what we in the business call - a slam dunk"

Really good paper, Cosi question was the trickiest for me but I tweaked my essay to be about conformity in Lewis inhibiting true acceptance so I should be smooth sailing.

NO MORE ENGLISH FOREVER EVER!!

BenBrownTown

HSC
SO HAPPY ENGLISH IS OVER :biggrin:
The test wasn't to bad, seeing as I went in with no prepared essays, managed to write 7 pages for section 1 and 3 and only 6 for section 2. Pretty simple test just killed my arm

stewie1995

HSC
Did anyone else's co-ordinators make the cohort write their student numbers and other details during their exams? Seems counter-intuitive and wasted a good 5 or more minutes.
yeah, it sucked, thankfully i got everything done in time so it didnt really affect me.

chriscasha

HSC
HAHAHA OMG 1nut 4 life aaayyyyyyyy XD !!!!!

Opinion: Yeah overall I'm satisfied with that exam, just wished I had more time since I had too much to write. Anyways, "YAY" for no more english :D !
haha :) ayyyyy no more english!!!

Poops

HSC
I just jizzed in my pants when I saw the questions.

chuppa chup

HSC
ok so i heard Module C only asked for one related, what happens if i used two other then that it was not that bad

kieranp1994

HSC
Module b could be amazing or terrile depending on your text. Witness was so bad, the question was way to specific. Did anyone else relate the power of community to the queston?

Sucks that i had wt afterwoods

HSC
Uni Grad
Module A - 5 pages - it was good question and both of my texts (Harry Lavender & Summer Heights High) suited the question well and very content with the question.
Module B - 4 pages - hated it, did this last, I didn't run out of time just felt ill and therefore had limited time to write it due to me being in the bathroom chucking up, but the question was okay but hated it.
Module C - 5 page - Found it good and I liked it and could related my related text (The Fault in Our Stars by John Green) well.

kieranp1994

HSC
The paper included the three hardest standard questions in the last couple years. All modules was hard for our prescribed text with Witness being the hardest.

Also different modules get aligned differently depending on how well students go in each question. For example if the average for all close study of texts was 16/20 with the exception of Witness being 13/20. The marks for Witness would be "aligned" up to an average of 16/20 or something similar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)