General Thoughts: English Standard Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Share your overall thoughts of Paper 2 here.

What aspects of the paper did you like and dislike? Did you consider it a fair test of your abilities?

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
The paper in itself wasn't bad. Module A question i found quite easy in which i did Distinctive Voices. Module B question for Cosi was the most cancerous thing i have ever laid my eyes on and unraveled almost all preparation i did before hand, Module C questions where also quite good. All in all it was a fair test... but the Cosi question was absolutely horrendous

arslan123

HSC
N/A
found it much easier than paper one, i finished just on time and the essay questions were perfect to what I practice at home :D, that section 2 for Wilfred Owen could be rough for some since they force you to do mental cases

obit11

HSC
Module C I found to be mint. Module B with the extracts was a pain. Module A I disliked the question.

Sambam429

HSC
Overall great paper. Not sure I got the right scenes in witness

Lethal Toxin

HSC
Worst paper 2 ever, The merchant of venice question was fucking awful, and the into the world one was just as bad

idkthis

HSC
anyone know what the personal values were for tom brennan? in module c?????

Sambam429

HSC
anyone know what the personal values were for tom brennan? in module c?????
There weren't any personal values that you had to use specifically but whatever values you said there was you had to back it up

HSC
Overall a good paper. There have been harder paper 2's but this wasn't that bad.

Loved the fact that mod b they gave my favourite poem! :D

No more english!

Hopefully we all did well

houda

HSC
Wth was shoehorn !!! Module c was amazing, b was okay

A____

HSC
Module B was my killer. I completely stuffed up on it, having to finish wrap it up.

Which courses in uni don't have essays?

HSC
Wth was shoehorn !!! Module c was amazing, b was okay
For Shoe-Horn Sonata I basically just wrote about how the distinctive images resulted in the legacy of the war affecting both Bridie and Sheila and how this creates interest as we want to know what happened to them and why they are the way they are now. Wilfred Owen killed me, RIP, never even seen Mental Cases before thought we could choose our own.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
People doing Standard at my school seemed to find the paper okay...

CrawFish

HSC
Module A: Distinctively Visual I choose Henry Lawson was quite good, Module B: Close Study of Text Wilfred Owen I was so happy because I studied "Mental Cases", "Disabled" and "Dulce Et Decorum Est" in detail but I forgot my quotes for "Mental Cases" so the extract saved my day. Module C: Into The World Educating Rita I did okay in.

arslan123

HSC
N/A
Module A: Distinctively Visual I choose Henry Lawson was quite good, Module B: Close Study of Text Wilfred Owen I was so happy because I studied "Mental Cases", "Disabled" and "Dulce Et Decorum Est" in detail but I forgot my quotes for "Mental Cases" so the extract saved my day. Module C: Into The World Educating Rita I did okay in.
Which one did you choose to use disabled or Dulce? I myself used disabled just since I knew it better but Ducle would be the easier option to choose in relation to the question

Colemans

HSC
N/A
A - Simple enough but hands were dying and brain was frying.
B - Wilfred Owen Wilson - I just had to BS one quote from Mental Cases cos they didn't include one of mine in the extract. I think them making it 2 texts saved me because I had pre planned an extra paragraph (for 3 texts) but hit the 40 minute on 2 texts (3 body paragraphs)...
C - Simple enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)