General Thoughts: ESL Paper 1 (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How'd you find Paper 1? Share your overall thoughts on the exam here.

traiwit

HSC
Uni Grad
In q4 the common sense of belonging for those 3 texts
Does anyone answer like : not belong to the comunity/people around them ?

_zhangstaa

HSC
N/A
is it just me or unseen texts are really hard? i over-prepared extended response, practiced every text types possible and now regretting not spending more time practicing unseen.

i did something like not belonging to community hinder one's ability to be themselves and consequently can put their personal identity at risk of being lost/suppressed but with shitter english. had at least 5 mental blanks looking for words to write.

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
I wrote
A sense of belonging comes from the connection between people...
DAMN

traiwit

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, me too. I did the essay first
The unseen text is kinda hard for me, all of them are not fully belong in one way
Like text one belong to self but not community
Text two belong to the social network stuff, not belong to people around him
Last text im not sure, too much rhetorical question ==*

Im screwed yayyyy

_zhangstaa

HSC
N/A
i didnt even mention belonging to what, i just said belonging or not belonging. text 3 was so hard, too much to read and i just gave up...

huynguyencab

HSC
The question which asks you to identify ONE aspect of belonging, I identified "Acceptance". I find the unseen text is very easy but the two articles are VERY hard for me especially the third. However I answered it all so hopefully I'll get a good mark. Wednesday is paper 2, which is my weakness :(

lonelynight99

HSC
For the text two question.
How many aspect of relationships you guys write?
The question say "Relationship", there's no 's', but my friend wrote 2

nirukk

HSC
For the essay, no time to write the related text. I am expecting something good for the blog question. The unseen texts were pretty hard as well. So overall, this year was harder than the others.

lonelynight99

HSC
I wrote relationship between people is essential to develop a sense of belonging

YoYoWayne

HSC
Uni Grad
Basically I just splashed the words for my essay.
If the BOS is marking not strictly, I think I'll lose 4 marks (around) for ESL paper 1. Could've been better but not so bad for me :D

wuzongye

HSC
Hey I don't know if my idea is right, mine is like they have a strong desire to belong to something, they are trying to belong to a peer group or make relationship which can give them a sense of belonging, but some times they just been rejected by blablabla...not sure if this can fit.

angelatyj

HSC
Can I say that even question 1 is very hard?.. I stared at the question for 5 minutes and still didnt know how to correctly answer to. Just wrote some random bullshit. And yes, text 3 is pretty hard!

lonelynight99

HSC
Can I say that even question 1 is very hard?.. I stared at the question for 5 minutes and still didnt know how to correctly answer to. Just wrote some random bullshit. And yes, text 3 is pretty hard!
cause the person is a lonely, and self conscious?

millersky

HSC
Sarah was lonely, self-conscious about herself and that is why she forced herself to go to the restaurant alone, to overcome this barrier of not belonging?

atar123

HSC
I wrote relationship between people is essential to develop a sense of belonging
I wrote something like a sense of identity can emerge from connection with people, it is fine for text 1 and 3, but not text 2. any thoughts?

angelatyj

HSC
I wrote something like a sense of identity can emerge from connection with people, it is fine for text 1 and 3, but not text 2. any thoughts?
I wrote things like connection with people creates a sense of belonging. In text1&2, they didnt make any connection with people around them so they didn't achieve a sense of belonging. And in text3, he is making connection with his father and older men in the dream, so he belongs to the aboriginal heritage.

atar123

HSC
I think yours is fine, my one is mainly focused on how belonging to other people can shape one's identity. It was very hard for me to write something for text 2. I text one, I said something like her identity is shaped by rejection from other friends around her for text 1 and for text 3 I said his identity is shaped my his connection with his aboriginal father. I cannot remember what I wrote for text 2.

angelatyj

HSC
I think yours is fine, my one is mainly focused on how belonging to other people can shape one's identity. It was very hard for me to write something for text 2. I text one, I said something like her identity is shaped by rejection from other friends around her for text 1 and for text 3 I said his identity is shaped my his connection with his aboriginal father. I cannot remember what I wrote for text 2.
okay, it should be alright.
I find this year's paper much harder than previous year's
like, i understand each article but just dont know how to answer the questions
And im so not confident about paper 2... hope i can finish it on time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)