General Thoughts - General Mathematics (1 Viewer)

wooki

HSC
it seemed pretty straightforward to me- but then again those are the exams that have tricks in them,

i tell you what though, that qn where we had to draw the table threw me for some reason grrrr i drew it like 3 times and it was only worth 2 lousy marks

dreamy89

HSC
FOR : pks365
Dude U think ur so Good? fkn idiot only aiming 98. come talk to me when u get over 60s in a 3unit test noob. i have no problem with ppl who does general maths, just that i hate ppl like u who tend to brag on about their "little" potential. pks365 if u think ur so good why did u choose general? are u too noob for a high level? Should of get get ur arse whipped in 2unit and let other general ppl rank up.

MyLoveIsPure

HSC
hmmm...did we have to draw a table? i dont even remember...someone refresh my memory?

now i feel like i have left out some questions * jumps in front of a bus* i just feel so inscure....WHAT TABLE WERE WE SUPPOSED TO DRAW??!?!

there was also a question that we needed to draw a graph. was the graph ment to be drawn like this? :

Last edited:

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
dreamy89 said:
Dude U think ur so Good? fkn idiot only aiming 98. come talk to me when u get over 60s in a 3unit test noob. i have no problem with ppl who does general maths, just that i hate ppl like u who tend to brag on about their "little" potential. pks365 if u think ur so good why did u choose general? are u too noob for a high level? Should of get get ur arse whipped in 2unit and let other general ppl rank up.
Seriously, guys stop making posts like this. You're only giving him another opportunity to boast.

IGNORE HIM.

Magicana

HSC
MyLoveIsPure said:
hmmm...did we have to draw a table? i dont even remember...someone refresh my memory?

now i feel like i have left out some questions * jumps in front of a bus* i just feel so inscure....WHAT TABLE WERE WE SUPPOSED TO DRAW??!?!

there was also a question that we needed to draw a graph. was the graph ment to be drawn like this? :

There was no table to be drawn, from my recollection. There was the tree diagram, but that wasn't hard at all, just filling in values. The graph was a straight line to a certain point, then it went upward.

Corx J

HSC
dreamy89 said:
Sorry, but your a loser for even talking about school work!!!! Its very funny reading about u arguing about HSC, Grow somes B*** and get over it!!

Last edited:

mzduxx2006

HSC
ashleypage said:
Can't remember the exact numbers buttt here goes

Cost of bulbs = 6x4 (cost by number of bulbs)

Running the bulbs = d x hours run

(i) is then c = 24 + d(5x4x365) (hours run x number of bulbs x 365)

(ii) 250 = 24 + d(7300)

226 = d(7300)

226/7300 = d

d = 0.031 (approx)

(iii) c = 24 + dh

c = 24 + 0.031(4x10x365)

c = 476.60

Therefore no, the cost doesn't exactly double, as 250x2 is 500 and the total cost for 10 hours comes to 476.60

(iv) This one has kind of gotten me confused. When I did it I read it as 99.7% I think and just calculated three standard deviations below 5000, but I think that's wrong, anyone else?

Sorry if those answers are wrong by the way lol
yea i got that aswell. woah im impressed by ur memory. hm the second part of that question with the 99% shyt, well HHAH i left it out! :(

guyzbabigal

HSC
The thing that i m worried abt is that general maths scales dwn and if u get below 80.. ur totally scaled dwn.. or so i heard, so thats what i m worried
grr

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
guyzbabigal said:
The thing that i m worried abt is that general maths scales dwn and if u get below 80.. ur totally scaled dwn.. or so i heard, so thats what i m worried
grr
Score less than 85 in general math and scaling will take its horrible effect. :)

Dorianne

HSC
wrxsti said:
You seem like a real dickhead, some people may have found it hard, try doing 3unit or 4unit math then start acting like a hotshot, your just pathetic.
I seriosuly hope u fail.
go u! i hate u people who juz cruise through GM thinkin ur all hot..haha yeh its easy content but some people find the actual WORDING of the question hard bitch not just the mathematical part to it
and this exam had a lot of twisty wordy questions!! haha

Sooj

HSC
hm I found this paper to be the hardest out of all past papers and practice papers... though I think did alright although I'm sure I lost lots of marks on many different questions.

lil.miss.mellyx

HSC
flabbergasted said:
i feel so crap after that exam...a lot of people in my yr found it hard, including me. Like all ways, i ran out of time and so i left some questions out.
Even if i did study more, instead of cramping it in all last night..i dont think i'll do much better.

its getting hard for me to concentrate and study becuase i can't be bothered anymore and im so over the HSC

On the bright side...IM DONE WITH MATHS!!!

OMG I'm with you... I always do badly in maths... and i finished that exam ready to cry =] and straight after it i had my geography exam, so i didnt properly prepare for maths.. but yeah im glad maths is over. worst time of my life. xx

Brady-2007

HSC
Considering I never achieved more than 45% for any assessment in General (it really didn't mean a thing to me, regardless of UAI and all that) I think that exam was alright.

2curvy4u

HSC
No more maths for me either, thank goodness! :D
I must say, I found quite a few questions tricky and quite challenging, particularly in the multiple choice section... and once or twice I thought I'd be able to redeem myself in the second part, but I have to admit that I felt quite helpless and hopeless during some questions... I fear that my HSC exam mark in maths will be lower than my trial HSC mark, in which I got 95% :D so I was quite chuffed about that. But my teachers have said that the more difficult the exam, the easier it is for the better students to come out on top... :S

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
It was fair and reasonable. There were only like one or two that I was really stumped on. From that, I think I'll still do shit b/c I always do :D

aznteenager

HSC
wrxsti said:
You seem like a real dickhead, some people may have found it hard, try doing 3unit or 4unit math then start acting like a hotshot, your just pathetic.
I seriosuly hope u fail.
nicely done hes being such an ass lol

Tan.

HSC
Skimo6 said:
i didnt get enough time and didnt finish =(
ill bet a lot of people in the state didnt finish
because none of my friends did
and every past HSC i did at home came about 20 mins undertime
and i came 20 mins under in my trial too!
i finished the multi choice in 15 mins and kinda thought "aw yeah :D tonns of time"
and i worked at the normal pace i do anyway :S
it was quite a hard exam because of the time stress factor
half an hour to do 3 questions :(
aww

i surely hope im not alone
yeh i don kno many ppl in my year that finishd even the girl that gets like 98% missd out on 20 marks..i did more than that but i didnt get to finish it, i definitely needed more time. there was a lot of probability in it tho.
personally im hoping i can still get bout an 85 for it....

oh & that dickhead that thinks hes betta than evry one else...you really r gunna get a nasty suprise now that you are part of "the real world", no matter wat ur qualifications are from uni no1 will hire you with an attitude like that. who wants someone representing their company whos gunna look down their noses at evryone that isnt at the same level as them...i know some people like you & it really pisses me off. not evry one who does gen maths are dumbasses...personally i think we're the smart ones for not doin extension 1 &2 maths. :p
well i hope the rest of you go alrite & get into where ever you may wanna go.
good luck wit the rest ur exams if you hav any.
xo

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)