General Thoughts - General Mathematics (1 Viewer)

PC

HSC
N/A
I've now had time to work through both the 2 unit paper and the General paper.

I have to say that the General paper is a harder exam.

Based on the work studied in either course, the 2 unit paper was relatively straightforward. The only slight twist that I found was the probability question in 9.

On the other hand the General paper had quite a few complicated questions (some didn't need to be so complicated).

A good comparison were the questions on annuities in either paper.

In the General paper, where students learn an annuity as an amount invested at the end of every period, they were presented with a situation where the first payment was made at the start of a period - contrary to the syllabus - it required a combination of compound interest and an annuity. Moreover this question was a straight out 4 mark question.

On the other hand, the 2 unit annuity question was structured in three parts. Part (i) was a straightforward textbook exercise, but the hardest part of the question. Part (ii) was a simple exercise in increasing by a percentage. It also set the student up with assistance to complete part (iii) which was just an extension of part (ii).

ads89

HSC
mzduxx2006 said:
SEE THE FUNNY THING ABOUT THAT IS....ur an egotystical loser who gets ur kicks by putting other people down. i hope for ur sake u fail then we can ALL see u burn and die. This forum wasnt here for smartasses like u to make the rest of us feel like shyt. just because we may not all get 95+ EVENTHOUGH ITS VERY DOUBTFUL THAT U URSELF WILL GET SUCH A MARK...does not give u the right to make other people including myself feel like shyt. good day to u and i hope u live a very happy life alone cause i doubt people would want to associate with ur narrow-minded ass. *waves goodbye*
go mz dux

dana!

HSC
flabbergasted said:
i feel so crap after that exam...a lot of people in my yr found it hard, including me. Like all ways, i ran out of time and so i left some questions out.
Even if i did study more, instead of cramping it in all last night..i dont think i'll do much better.

its getting hard for me to concentrate and study becuase i can't be bothered anymore and im so over the HSC

On the bright side...IM DONE WITH MATHS!!!
I went into the exam thinking this should be ok since english was pretty basic...but no they had to make general hard...i ran out of time had to miss questions and there were so many time consumin questions it was crazy...ranking 1st in my class i was highly dissapointed with the exam as was everyone else in my class...and changing booklets for each questions wastes so much time..AHHHH!!!!

anyway no more maths :D

xox.kimmi.xox

HSC
i thought the exam was generally okay, i'll be aiming for maybe a 80-90 in it. there was a few mulitple choices that i made stupid mistakes on, and i left out 2 marks cause i ran out of time to go back to them.
but the stuff i answered i thought was okay.. especially the simpsons rule question :p

Schoey93

HSC
I don't know why you ppl complain - you do the lowest grade of Maths and then whinge about how there were no easy questions in the exam! Anyway, good luck with your UAI, ppl. I'm sure that you did better than you thought in the exam - and anyway, you have 3+ other subjects that you can pass with flying colours! :)
Good luck with TAFE / Uni and careers!

bjaff

HSC
just quietly in the last 3 terms of maths i wrote 1 heading and that was it did no study, and guess what i got a 72 in maths from not doing nothing, if u got lower than me and studied, bad luck, maybe not studying mite have worked for ya

bjaff

HSC
ohh and also left after a hour and a half, quite dissapointed that i didnt leave after the hour mark

blakegman

HSC
N/A
bjaff said:
just quietly in the last 3 terms of maths i wrote 1 heading and that was it did no study, and guess what i got a 72 in maths from not doing nothing, if u got lower than me and studied, bad luck, maybe not studying mite have worked for ya
well i never went to class and didnt even own a textbook and got 90 for gen maths so how cool am i. (true story)

wanker

jameseckhardt

HSC
I'm first place in General Maths for my school

I was always taught that since everyone does shit in general maths that to get 90plus will scale you ridiculously up.

Compared to previous maths exams, this one was espescially hard as it stretched into minute topics that would give you those little but needed marks

In the end , i managed 88, but was still scaled up very high

Still, the most prestigious band 6 from any course is general maths due to its rarity (if thats a word)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)