General Thoughts: General Mathematics (1 Viewer)

madElin13

HSC
Question 23cii), did anyone else do it like this..?

i) Find the area of the terrace.

...... = 13.77m2

ii) Tiles are sold in boxes. Each box holds one square metre of tiles and costs $55. When buying the tiles, 10% more tiles are needed, due to cutting and wastage.
Find the total cost of the boxes of tiles required for the terrace.

So you go 13.77 + 10/100x13.77 = 15.147m2.
So this means that they need 16 boxes, not 15, as it's more than 15 and they can't buy part of a box.

Am i correct..?</SPAN>
yehh that is what i got too. i'm pretty sure it's right? well i hope so!

matrilldah

HSC
pretty sure it was one of the harder hsc exams i've done, and i did lots as practise/study. was still do-able though, overall happy with it :) only really got tripped up a bit on the last question, but from talking with others after the exam what i'd guessed. so win win :D

larnzbabyy17

HSC
i feel the same! i thort it was pre decent! came out cheerin, then everyone was like wtf.

strrannnggeeee.

:)

ryder2106

HSC
Overall I was happy with the exam...guessed like 2 multiple choices.
The probability questions were pretty tricky though.
Fingers crossed for a band 6!!

mirror-match

HSC
I found it REALLY easy, probably because i didnt have ancient to worry about like others, as well as doing 7 trial papers the weekend before :3

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a band five, and 80% sure i'll get a band six, so hopefully :D

MrsLucia

HSC

...... = 13.77m2

ii) Tiles are sold in boxes. Each box holds one square metre of tiles and costs $55. When buying the tiles, 10% more tiles are needed, due to cutting and wastage.

So this means that they need 16 boxes, not 15, as it's more than 15 and they can't buy part of a box.

Am i correct..?</SPAN>
That is the one part of General Maths I find weird; the fact that its logical.
In half yearlys I got a question like that wrong, because .4 of a cup doesn't equal a cup so its 15, but then in trials there was a similar thing and I did it logically and my teacher said it was wrong, there were 23 olives or something.
But basically I think its right to do it logically, thats kind of the point, and also, my tecaher is an idiot- I basically had to tecah myself.
Haha.

Having said all that; I aced this exam.
Had 10 minutes to go back over multiple choice and I didn't guess anything.
Feeling heaps confident.
:)

watda

HSC
Best maths exam that I've ever sat!
There was about 3 or 4 multiple choice questions I guessed, because I had a mental blank, and then I had a mental blank as well for 27b, but then with about 3 minutes left, I figured out how to do it (it was the last question I had left) and finished with about 10 seconds to spare.

Now, for my 8 day break!
i what were they on about in the last question. the probability one? that was sooo confusing!

watda

HSC
what were they on about for the last question. the probability one? it was sooo confusing!

emily293

HSC

...... = 13.77m2

Am i correct..?</SPAN>
I also got that answer. I think it's right.

Overall, I found that exam to be pretty good. Most questions were easy, a few were hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)