General Thoughts: General Mathematics (1 Viewer)

melwoods1994

HSC
I found it pretty easy, especially because I was freaking out about it beforehand. :( But I think I did better than expected. Hoping for a Band 5 at least. :)

emmkayyez

HSC
It was fucking 30% hsc and 70% year 11
what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
No wonder it was a little challenging! I didn't think a lot of prelims were going to be covered so I didn't bother revising... *sigh*

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
What was last years?
we haven't got much to go off, but 89% in 2009 aligned to 95 so I assume ~80

But this yer I think it should be 84

I personally wouldn't give anyone a band 6 if they didn't get higher than 84% in this paper, but I dunno.

tara1794

HSC
The previous papers were so easy in comparison to this one! This one was ridiculously hard!

lil_pembo

HSC
Ok, I've gone through all the threads, where can I find a copy of the test?!?!?
#tutorcheckingstudentanswers

matutor

HSC
N/A
Same request as lil_pembo. Can somebody PLEASE post a copy of the paper?

tara1794

HSC
That was as bad as the Catholic Trial, actually one of the questions was in the Catholic Trial Exam, the golf one

_Arsenal_

HSC
Basically found out I did like, 70% of the test wrong. Excellent. I thought I did pretty well, but now my hopes have been dashed. If I used the right equation but used one wrong measurement - the markers are told to 'Give marks for suitable calculations'. For say 2-3 mark questions, could I get a mark? I'm just really upset at the moment, lol.

iamorbid

HSC
Basically found out I did like, 70% of the test wrong. Excellent. I thought I did pretty well, but now my hopes have been dashed. If I used the right equation but used one wrong measurement - the markers are told to 'Give marks for suitable calculations'. For say 2-3 mark questions, could I get a mark? I'm just really upset at the moment, lol.
-I'm just really upset at the moment
-lol.
choose one

iamorbid

HSC
If anyone still remembers that question about calculating 5% of some hoe's gross pay, which she invests. Were we supposed to calculate it from the annual gross pay (which seemed to me illogical-was like $4000) or divide the annual gross income into weekly than find the 5% of that amount (seemed more logical to me). The wording was pretty bad

lemon1

HSC
overall thought it was mostly easy, there was a few thing my teacher hadn't even covered, but i was pretty fine

the only one i know for sure that i lost marks on was the casted shadows one. Was it just a matter of trig, or were the triangles similar?
because i had a feeling it was so simple but i just couldn't figure out what trig to do, and i thought that if the triangles were 'similar' that they had to specify that.

i was probably just an idiot anyway
You had to find the hypotenuse and then do tan inverted to find the angle, then use trig to find out the distance

I'm a 3unit dropper and i found it really easy, but the last question i had trouble with for some reason, board of studies, please learn to ask your questions more straight forward, it's not an english lesson where you have to decode questions..... If it was even decodeable, we just had to put up with the nonsense

Last edited:

herbie1

HSC
@ Miranda94
You had to find the depreciation angle of the pole to the man's head and then minus it from 90 to get your angle. It is the same from the man's head to the end of his shadow, then just use trig - ie. tan (whatever % it was) = x/1.5, multiply both sides by 1.5 and you got x

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)