General thoughts: History SC (1 Viewer)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
James747 said:
Definitely! I was soo relieved that the extended responses weren't bout Aboriginals... a topic I was least confident about.
Yeah me too. I think i'd be stuff if there was anything on Aboriginal land rights and native title.

iEdd

HSC
Deluge said:
For policy, I wrote Whitlam and the abolition of conscription.
Same.
I was going to do removal of tertiary education fees (man I wish we still had that), but I wasn't sure if it was a 'policy'. Maybe 'equal access to education' policy?.
I just BSed about how Whitlam didn't believe in war *shrugs*.

sophiaaah

HSC
Kujah said:
You guys reckon this tests were much easier than previous years?
no way.

it's not that i suck at history, because i know i dont. i'm averaging high 90's for history and have been for the past 4 years, but this exam was pretty challenging in comparison to ones from previous years. i mean, i filled it out fine, and had to cram some of my information in, but the extended responses were just so...argh. frustrating!
everyone came out of it saying how easy it was and that they had about an hour left over...and i was just thinking "waaah?" it was more geo that screwed me over lol.

maybe it had something to do with not studying.

philzy

HSC
to be honest i probly did nt write 3 pages coz i wrote around 7 more lines than the lines given. This is also because i have extremely huge handwriting. i can usually fit around 3 - 4 - 5 words on a line. if i had smaller writing it would most definately fit on the lines. wen im rushing to quickly qrite these responses i tend to write bigger font thsan anymore i dnt know y i just do

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
I reckon I was lucky how the question about one person and their policy was only worth 5 marks cause I didn't really know much about Paul Keating and republicanism and yea lmao xDD

Vietnam war, yea did pretty well thanks to those who gave out the notes late last night and early this morning rofl xPP

Changing patterns in migration, just bs it with White Australian Policy and boat people and Indochinese refugees.

Multiple choice was easy and straightforward.

frieda

Premium Member
HSC
hmm i talked about whitlam and his policy of increasing greater ties with asia and the pacific including the recognition of china and vietnam as communist nations and the abolition of what was left of the white australia policy to incourage asian migration etc and the benefits that iit has lead to e.g. trade

Freshmex

Stapler Donator.
HSC
I also did Whitlam and how he introduced Medicare and then basically went on and on about what Medicare did and its influence on today's society (i.e it helped Australia achieve a lower mortality rate etc etc).

Deluge

HSC
Freshmex said:
I also did Whitlam and how he introduced Medicare and then basically went on and on about what Medicare did and its influence on today's society (i.e it helped Australia achieve a lower mortality rate etc etc).
I thought it was Medibank and was later renamed Medicare? :S Well, during a quiz at school, my teacher asked about the universal healthcare system Whitlam introduced and when I answered with "Medicare" he said I was incorrect (and proceeded to take a point off my table.)

In my history textbook it also says that it was Medibank... Gah... I hope they give us some allowances.

james k

HSC
hey guys for that question ithat said post war i wrote about before the war would they still mark it or is it automatic 0 for the response someone plz tell me

james k

HSC
for the mutiple choice what was the correct answer for that geo one that asked for the counttry up the top(bali) and whicj ocean was it aswell for the other mutiple choice any idea when its ganna be updated on the bos website?

iEdd

HSC
james k said:
for the mutiple choice what was the correct answer for that geo one that asked for the counttry up the top(bali) and whicj ocean was it aswell for the other mutiple choice any idea when its ganna be updated on the bos website?
You mean, 'Which country is in South East Asia?' My general knowledge wasn't good enough, so I just picked the one up the top, as the others had to have been in the same region.. :D
As for the ocean one.. I put Pacific. After checking, ocean to the top-right of Australia is "South Pacific" and to the left is Indian. I think I got it right.

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
iEdd said:
You mean, 'Which country is in South East Asia?' My general knowledge wasn't good enough, so I just picked the one up the top, as the others had to have been in the same region.. :D
As for the ocean one.. I put Pacific. After checking, ocean to the top-right of Australia is "South Pacific" and to the left is Indian. I think I got it right.
I put Brunei, after realising they're asking for a country, and the other choices were cities if I can remember correctly.. Jakarta, Bali, Brunei and.. something else were the choices?

Freshmex

Stapler Donator.
HSC
Yup, I thought it was pretty obvious. Pants! Yeah it was medibank now that you've said it. Oh well...

Kujah

HSC
N/A
james k said:
The country is Brunei :p (Bali is an island of Indonesia), and it was the Pacific Ocean ( WWII reminded me of this :rofl: ) I think the SC should be upload soon, as some of the HSC papers of this year are already there.

kido_1

pRoFFeSSoR
HSC
see with HSC you get to keep your papers and take them home, with SC the supervisors take them away.
For Whitlam I wrote about Improving relations with aborigines, small writing fiinished the page. History was way cool if those markers feel like marking decently. Geography was a bit harder.

As for 'hague' i nearlt thopught you were actually haque till i read the post in pg 3. I was wondering how could a genius like haque who just finished his HSC 4U and all be talking aboiut measly SC stuff.(lol)

See for that mc question wat did use guys put about that rock'n'roll one, fact and opinion)both true, both false, one false one true...)

kido_1

pRoFFeSSoR
HSC
um....
i got both true(but i am not sure if my answer is true-lol)

james k

HSC
whcih of the following best describes geographical process
a=physical forces that change an ecosystem
b=changes in environmenst which can be investigated
c=physical and human forces that form and transform the wotld
d=ststems formed nt interactions of organisms from the environment

james k

HSC
whcih is an examp[le of social justice
a-improving road infrasturture
b=particiapting in beach dune group
c=re-inroducing an endangered specie to an ecosystem
d=establishing a remote health care facility forindigenous australians

james k

HSC
what is the approximate relief froim b-c
a=30m
b=130m
c=230m
d=330m

approximate area of island d
a=7
b=17
c=700
d=7000

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)