General Thoughts: IPT (2 Viewers)

apostolos

HSC
That was nothing like previous exams, ISA
tons of bloody analyze, collecting, organizing processing which was quiet annoying
otherwise not to bad

Nivek5

HSC
I think you need more tables for Artists, Genres and maybe even Albums.
It defined that the user only searched through song names, not artists..

so only a table with Songs is needed.. Genre and Artists are fields in the song table.. these can be searched easily enough.

dmw28b

HSC
What was with the wireless networking solution diagram?
The question didn't appear to suggest that the actual dial-up internet was being upgraded - just that they wanted a wireless networking solution for greater access?

Phone line into internal dialup modem in pc
PC + both laptops connect to wireless router via wireless receiver usb dongles
INTERNET CONNECTION ONLY ACTIVE IF PC IS ON! (Laptops access the internet via Internet Connection Sharing using the PC as a gateway for the dialup connection?) WTF?
the laser printer however still connected to the wireless router via ethernet (seemed too convenient to assume that the laser printer had wireless capabilities)

Have I missed something really simple and made this a hundred times more complicated than it needed to be?

Nivek5

HSC
The question didn't appear to suggest that the actual dial-up internet was being upgraded - just that they wanted a wireless networking solution for greater access?

INTERNET CONNECTION ONLY ACTIVE IF PC IS ON! (Laptops access the internet via Internet Connection Sharing using the PC as a gateway for the dialup connection?) WTF?
the laser printer however still connected to the wireless router via ethernet (seemed too convenient to assume that the laser printer had wireless capabilities)

Have I missed something really simple and made this a hundred times more complicated than it needed to be?
You can assume they were upgrading from dial up, i think it mentioned the use for like videos and shit.. cant remember. they didnt let us take the paper. As for the printer i made it wireless.. no Printing server is required as it has "network capabilities". But i also wrote next to it, that this is assuming it has wireless capabilities, otherwise a wired Ethernet connection is needed.

HSC
You can assume they were upgrading from dial up, i think it mentioned the use for like videos and shit.. cant remember. they didnt let us take the paper. As for the printer i made it wireless.. no Printing server is required as it has "network capabilities". But i also wrote next to it, that this is assuming it has wireless capabilities, otherwise a wired Ethernet connection is needed.
The dial-up part is irrelevant. You have to draw the home network, not the connection to the library. Mine was something like this:

Last edited:

xFusion

HSC

Oh shit.. I totally forgot to even put a printer in there =.=

camlav

HSC
Fair sure my course mark was ~80, and this test will keep it there/bump it up. Simple questions, just needed to have a vague idea of technology =/ I finished with an hour to go.

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
I have NO IDEA how to draw LANS so Mine epically failed

it was like.... 4 nodes connected to a switch, connected to a router, connected to a modem connected to the internet
Would I get a 0 for this? :(

*kate

HSC
Share your thoughts on the IPT exam.
There was a lot of thinking invovled, applying decisions especially in the information processes questions so it often made it kind of confusing at times. I really hated the info processes questions though particulary since they said in relation to "data entry requirements etc"

jamesjoker

HSC
It was an alright test overall... those stupid COASTPD questions were becoming very repetitive. I think it's the first time they have implemented that in nearly every question.

dmw28b

HSC
51684, I had something similar at first until I couldn't wrap my head around how the internet connection would be established if the dialup modem connected to a router instead of a PC. How do you initiate a dialup procedure on the modem 0 from your pc - over a wireless connection? This is of course assuming that the dialup modem has ethernet and isn't USB (it's been a few years since i've last seen a dialup modem - I seem to remember them all being USB based) and that the wireless router can communicate with the dialup modem to begin with.

Andrew Bird

HSC
Last DSS question I think, about the Neural Networks and Expert systems I wrote about that "Neural Networks are always learning and if they learn too much they can lead to global domination by computers as seen in various film plots such as Terminator and I, Robot"

I had no idea...

azsakura

HSC
why are there 2 data/information question in the exam..
and both 6 marks... i tried to bullshit more but i failed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)