General Thoughts: Legal Studies 2005 (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey for the example of a source of INTERNATIONAL and DOMESTIC law, what did everyone put?

For international law I used the Statute of Rome which gives power to the International Criminal Court and I forgot what I did for domestic law.

I couldn't say that the Statute of Rome (or Rome Statute) came from the United Nations because it is in fact its OWN institution seperate from the United Nations:

Relationship with United Nations
The International Criminal Court is an independent international organisation. In accordance with article 2 of the Rome Statute, the relationship with the United Nations system is governed by an agreement that has been approved by the Assembly of States Parties during its first Session held in New York from 3 to 10 September 2002. On 4 October 2004, this Negotiated Relationship Agreement between the International Criminal Court and the United Nations has been concluded by the President of the Court on its behalf .

http://www.icc-cpi.int/about/ataglance/history.html

Last edited:

Valeroso

HSC
Overall, I was very impressed by my mind! :) The multiple choice was brilliant, the short answers amazing, Crime was abit fucked in the head (Seriously, such fucking ambiguous questions that could have been interpretered in MAAAAANY ways), and as for the essays, they were BRILLIANT! VERY satisfied with the questions! At first I was hoping they'd ask something on Values, when VOILA, there it is!

Overall I wrote:

Crime - 1 Booklet and 2 pages = 10 pages

Family - 1 Booklet and 3 pages = 11 pages

Shelter - 1 Booklet and 2 pages = 10 pages (Which is quite good considering I knew jack shit about Shelter last night)

brumbypuppy

MasterOfDisgyis said:
Which of the following is a collective human right?

(a) Self-determination
(b) Trade unionism
(c) Universal Education
(d) Universal suffrage

I picked B, who else did?

I just remember hearing all the time this term 'collective bargaining' and thought that Trade Unionism fits in with COLLECTIVE and being part of a union is a RIGHT (right of association).

Haven't you ever heard of the collective right to self determination?

HSC
DarkPrince_87 said:
lol i sed international law was treaties and domestic was statutes.
I thought it was asking for an EXAMPLE of an international law. Fuck im dumb. But I did mention that the Rome Statute was a TREATY and whatever law I said for domestic was passed by the New South Wales Parliament (so hopefully they'll accept that) :D

for_amusement_o

HSC
i thought crime was very random [i dont remember doin anything about juveniles so i made it all up], m/c & short answers were easy & essays were great coz they were so vague... very pleased :D

o0_jolie_0o

HSC
Where did human rights question go?!?!?!?!?! The exam was all right, I kind of lost it in Crime *looks around* I think quite a few did... but yeah I don't recall focsuing much on treatment of adults and juveniles inthe criminal justice system.. if we did learn about it it would've helped... oh well, whatever marks I get is the mark I get *sighs* Next exam next weeeek!!!

tameka

HSC
ahh didn't like crime one bit. the last two questions were so crap. of all the things to ask about, why JUVENILES??? i would've done well on anything else.. everything else was alright but

Mz_mE

Hoxton Park, Sydney (under a rock with the turtles
HSC
DarkPrince_87 said:
lol i sed international law was treaties and domestic was statutes.
exactly :D
i feel better after readin every1s answers.. except i no this is stupid but wat was the answer for the 1st crime Q.. wat types of crime? i totally blanked out.. :S

i think the juvenille thingo came from yr 11.. coz i sorta remember doin juvenilles and the sentencing process.. u no those liac pamphlet/books in the libraries.. the orange ones? they hav a book about it.. 2 bad ive neva read it..

Jaguar

HSC
there was only one m/c that I had to think about for a while.. did anyone else have heaps of time to finish the exam? I finished m/c in about 5mins, although thinking back on it, I should have written more for crime...
I had-
1 booklet for crime
2 booklets for consumers
1 booklet for world order.

although its all relative, anyway.

Hopefully you guys went well, but I still hope I kick your asses :p

koukla

executive member... SMRT
HSC
this exam minus the crime was good :) multiple choice was sooo easy ended up doing most of them in reading time, although 1 stumped me, but crime please someone explain WHY?! everyone in my year hated it and our teacher thought it was the most narrow part of the course they could have asked about like in the textbook takes up like 7 lines, so she's going to write a complaint to BOS. as she should!

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
koulka........you teacher should im looking at the last two questions in crime and im like....what the hell is this? 12 marks? 7 marks? compare and CONTRAST?!?! what the hell was that!

i loved MC also. i like the short answer, i was able to write alot. essays were GOOOOD!!!!!!!! *touch wood*

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
brumbypuppy said:
Haven't you ever heard of the collective right to self determination?
that's what i put as wlel.

Music Master

HSC
Yeah, i put self determination, and for the first short answer I put statute law and treaties.

I thought the multiple choice were easy, the short questions good, the first two of crime were easy, but the last two were ridiculous!!!

My essays (family and world order) were really good I thought, as the questions were really broad. All in all I'm happy with it, except crime!!!

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
yah i put self determination too. i hope i did well in mc, it was the first time i thought it was a good mc paper.

koukla

executive member... SMRT
HSC
mystic_dragon55 said:
this was the only question that stuffed me...what you put as answer?

which of the following statements most accurately describes the operation of the rule of law?
A) all law makers are elected
B) all law is made by parliament
c) innocent people are free from imprisonment
d) police discretion us subject to judicial review
personally i put D a friend put A

daniandrow

HSC
fuck that exam fuck that exam fuck that exam.... i put 12D as well mc good....short answer good crime terrible (compare and contrast problems faced by young female and young male offenders...wtf??... essays little bit better....too vague did my head in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)