General Thoughts: Legal Studies 2005 (1 Viewer)

Mellonie

HSC
MasterOfDisgyis said:
Which of the following is a collective human right?

(a) Self-determination
(b) Trade unionism
(c) Universal Education
(d) Universal suffrage

I picked B, who else did?

I just remember hearing all the time this term 'collective bargaining' and thought that Trade Unionism fits in with COLLECTIVE and being part of a union is a RIGHT (right of association).

ME 2 sameeeeeeeeee

HSC
Mellonie said:
ME 2 sameeeeeeeeee
i did B as well! it bloody better be right cus that exam was FKD!!!! The difference between men/women juveniles ISN'T EVEN IN the syllabus! so WHY are we being tested on it..and for SEVEN marks!
lol i guess u can tell that im annoyed wit that exam. after 2hours only 12 out of the 40 students were left lol they gave up??

dphill

HSC
I thought it was good except the crime section. i wasnt excepting such narrow question topics in crime. The mc was easy. Hopefully i did well in family and global environment essays.

Alienangel

WTF? to even consider leaving early on a legal exam... crazy (then again our teacher threatened to kill anyone who left early - at we had a class of 7 whom the majority want to b lawyers or politicians... competitive as acutally make that WAS!)

Overall that exam was awesome except for the crime question that I think was outside the sylabus unless they just wanted u to talk about juveniles... not the emphasis on male/female that was implied.

Anyways... think I did good! now onto Uni! (that's gotta b easier than year 12)

Kutar Maggi

They call me nigga man
HSC
MasterOfDisgyis said:
Which of the following is a collective human right?

(a) Self-determination
(b) Trade unionism
(c) Universal Education
(d) Universal suffrage

I picked B, who else did?

I just remember hearing all the time this term 'collective bargaining' and thought that Trade Unionism fits in with COLLECTIVE and being part of a union is a RIGHT (right of association).

Collective rights refer to those rights which certain groups share. Such as the indegounous peoples collective right to Self determination which means they are basically able to governt ehmselves. so i put A. but i might be wrong.

Kutar Maggi

They call me nigga man
HSC
hmmm i agree crime question, especially 12 marker i was pissed. but i made the most of it. i answered it in respect to the treatment of INDIVIDUALS in society in court, jail, sentencing etc. the good thing was that i had a few cases to back up my answer, and they were bloody luckily as follows:

1 speech on the treatment of ASIO suspects , how their rights are infringed

2 cases on the leniancy of sentencting ( treatment during sentencing) for minors (juvenile)

1 on instituional inequality of both adults and minors and how minors automatically recieve legal aid where as socio econmically disadvantage adults are treated different.

1 article on how victims who are minors or were minors at the time (again juvenile) are forced to retestify they experiences of being gangraped over and over again due the innefectiveness of the criminal justice system to stop the strategies of and adult offender to keep stalling his trial.

i was grasping at straws, but my case studies helped me a bit. I either did alright OR i totally fucked up not answering the question.

bloody hell. AND NO ONES BROUGHT IT UP YET, BUT WHAT A SHITTY STIMULUS. I WAS LIKE FULL EXCITED TO READ WHAT CONTORTED STORY THEY WOULD COME UP WITH THIS YEAR AND THEY DROP THIS ANALYTICAL CRAP. FELT MORE LIKE AN ENGLIHS COMPREHENSION TO ME!

SiReN

HSC
i thought it was alright, although
crime was full of shit.. what a waste of time ever doing the topic
oh the essays were beaut+ short answers but i wish i finshd my family essay :rolleyes:

yogi_yogi

HSC
apart from crime, this paper was fairly easy....in comparison to past papers
the workplace (b) question was DYNAMITE!!! kudos to the person that made that 1 up, family was OK i guess...nothing special in my opinion.
but crime, wat the hell is goin on there? a juvi question....and a 12 mark question on wat, treatment of the adult and juvenille by the criminal justice system!
grrrrr bye bye legal....i wont miss u at all

mai

HSC
man i hateed the exam..
i might be stupid cos i crammed 4 topics into my head in 4 hours hahaha.. but yep.. it felt more like an english exam rather than a legal, atleast for the crime section. like seriously, WTF WAS THAT JUVENILES AND MALES vs FEMALES SHIT *dies

haha but atleast it's over =) gimme band 4-5 and im happy.
time to burn notes.. like eng!! never again!

Kutar Maggi

They call me nigga man
HSC
come on guys, legal studies wasnt that bad. i liked the subject. how could u say somthing like that to a subject thats taken care of u for the last 2 years? :(

Brenner

Kutar Maggi said:
Collective rights refer to those rights which certain groups share. Such as the indegounous peoples collective right to Self determination which means they are basically able to governt ehmselves. so i put A. but i might be wrong.
A is the answer as the other rights do not apply as a collective right... universal sufferage and education are rights that us as individuals have whereas selfdetermination is collective as "we" choose how we are governed

purple_monkey

HSC
My thoughts - FAILURE

i thought this paper was totally screwed, i am quite capable in legal studies (straight A's) but this exam was fucked. I hated the crime section and totally blanked on one of my focus studies. I might fluke it. I did the exam by myself, did anyone else finish early?

forceblade

HSC
purple_monkey said:
i thought this paper was totally screwed, i am quite capable in legal studies (straight A's) but this exam was fucked. I hated the crime section and totally blanked on one of my focus studies. I might fluke it. I did the exam by myself, did anyone else finish early?
i finished just on time, but half of our class left before the exaime is finished... god our average is gona get pulled down by those people... fucking hate them so much....

forceblade

HSC
yea that crime wasnt fair, but i manged to bullshit 8 pages for crime.
the consumers i found was alright and got on to my sec booklet, although i dont think i fully answered the question the family part B. so yea i though it was a 7/10 difficulty test

babiigiirl

Oh man, i screwed it up hard, but frankly, i dont give a shit!! I glad its over, Legal Studies was the biggest burden of my school life and I hated it, not to mention the teacher!

Le Scarlett

pretty awesome
HSC
miss_gtr said:
Yeah i finished an hour early... it not like i did jack shit.. i did 12 pages per essay. twas good.
How the hell did you have time to write 12 pages per essay and leave an hour early? I wrote ten for family, and six for shelter because I ran out of time.

...I didn't think it was so bad, all up.

babiigiirl

flying_dragon said:
To be frank, I'm screwed. I only got out about 5 pages of unlinked crap for my Family essay, and my answers for the Crime questions made no sense. I mean, what could you possibly write for the males/females question? And how could you squeeze 7 marks out of it!?! The juvenile/adult question...12 marks!?! What can you write to get 12 marks?

I'm sorry for going on, but I'm really not happy about this exam. I also apologise for any profanity I post in this thread...I really really fucked legal.

YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE!! Dont worry, i can probably guarentee I got worse than you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)