General Thoughts: Legal Studies 2005 (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
A relatively straight foward examination in most respects. Section 1 was a pleasant
suprise, the questions were fair and an acceptable challenge. Section 3, the Focus studies, were also welcomed. I did B on each focus, as it allowed me to asses the issues and associated remedies and how the law reforms itself in order to reflect community values and concerns.

Section 2 however, soured my initial delight. Having left it to last, i was blissfully unaware of the horrors that awaited me in the final 40 minutes that i had allocated to this section. Parts A and B were simple, fair, and an appropriate assesment of the course content. However, Part C was the exam's weakness and has rightly caused much uproar and controversy among the student cohort. (My views on that question are reflected in my posts in threads dedicated to the distain and anger directed at the board of studies) Section D, was fine and tested a fair amount of course content

Last edited:

irnie

life is a dance floor
HSC
multiple choice was the EASIEST i've seen yet, short answer was fair. essays... coulda done better but CRIME RAPED ME! and the compare and contrast between male and female... NOT in the syllabus!! therefore, me and my mate are gonna appeal to that Q (as no doubt... many people will be). i hated it.... really hope misadventure will pull me through this one.

Don Mackey

Hate to disagree with most people who felt hard done by but this exam was bloody easy. General essay questions easy multiple choice and short answer and the crime questions where fine. The way to have done the compare and contrast was to look at the disparities and similarities of the problems male and female juvenile offenders faced. Especially the social attitudes towards male offenders etc. I looked at indigenous youth and at different ways of stopping the problems also looked at rehabilitation over incarceration. It was pretty straightforward and the best chance in the exam to winge about why young people get a pretty raw deal from the law.

kate1109

Legal was ok

I was a little scared of what could be in my legal exam as there is just so much content. I thought the multiple choice questions were easier than expected, along with the rest of the paper. The long response questions were fairly open ended allowing a range of answers and opinions.

I found time to be the biggest issue. The only question i was a little taken back on was the question asking how female and male offenders are treated differently regarding the criminal justice system... Although if you have the ability to crap on with something that can fit the question, you probably did ok!

A nice suprise for a friday. Overall, ranking it 8/10 (Cause it could of been so much harder!)

Carita

^^^^^
HSC
seems a lot of you felt good about the exam...i howver...went in nearly crapping myself and half in tears...walked out in a complete daze and felt like just...er...crap really...the multiple choice was good, as were the short answer questions...crime was good cept for that male female one...but the essays....holy crap....i dont think i even answered the question. i wrote 12 pages for family...but we all know its about quality not quantity and mine well and truly sucked i feel. world order was about the same, didnt write as much but it sucked about the same. so...i screwed up...but watever...it just cost me a 40000 scholarship prolly but meh...lilfe goes on ill just rob a bank.

Kutar Maggi

They call me nigga man
HSC
i did pretty well, and i should be happy that most others didnt, as you would think that my marks would be better comparatively. BUT that is not the case in legal studies. Legal studies does not take into account how others went, it is based purely on your mark. As and i quote from the Leading Edge (the real one, Tim Dixon) "a year can yeild either 5 band 6, or 500 band6, depends on how you individually went". I HATE THAT!

..:::LoZzA:::..

HSC
i thought the m/c was fairly easy, i was expecting harder. the short answers and the first questions for crime were alright. the 7 and 12 mark questions were pretty obscure, i just crapped on and made up some statistics....lol i wrote about a 12 pages all up for crime and then for workplace and consumers i wrote 8 pages each.

Mz_mE

Hoxton Park, Sydney (under a rock with the turtles
HSC
..:::LoZzA:::.. said:
i thought the m/c was fairly easy, i was expecting harder. the short answers and the first questions for crime were alright. the 7 and 12 mark questions were pretty obscure, i just crapped on and made up some statistics....lol i wrote about a 12 pages all up for crime and then for workplace and consumers i wrote 8 pages each.

i made up stats as well :D

tone001

HSC
can sum1 plz help me with the q for 16c... ' using examples, xplain how the aus legal system is infeluenced by the changing society in which it operates '... i really need to hear what sum1 wrote thx alot

tone001

HSC
wat did everyone write for " using examples, explain how the aus system is infelucend by the changing society in which it operates "

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)