General Thoughts - Legal Studies (1 Viewer)

Clever Chick

2008- Year 12
HSC
OMG

such an awesome question

my teacher predicted short answers n crime

n workplace question wa sthe same as our trial

only thing i think i did wrong was talk about natural justice not natural law!!! ARGH so angry at my self

n multiple choice i didnt find that hard which i though was weird caus ei normally suck at that but hey i dont know what i got so we'll just ahve to wait n see

lewis99

HSC
bruni20 said:
Yeah how do they expect us to do 14 essays!!! i didnt even study world order!
You needed to chose between the 2 essay options for each of the 2 focus studies you did. Eg if you studied family then chooz either a or b, then say you did consumers, then you chooz either a or b. Total only 2 essays in section 3.

csalvo

HSC
lewis99 said:
You needed to chose between the 2 essay options for each of the 2 focus studies you did. Eg if you studied family then chooz either a or b, then say you did consumers, then you chooz either a or b. Total only 2 essays in section 3.
He's obviously being sarcastic.

Zeestylez

HSC
yeh it was okai, yeh multiple choice was lame.. i better get 10+

and um i stuffd up family.. and blanked out in natural law.. grr

shouldve studied more lol

csalvo

HSC
liam9519 said:
people pls pop answers to multi ayyyy
For question 10, I don't see how it can be D. I put C, because if a law applies to everybody equally, then rich and poor people will be treated the same, and how is that just?

nousernames1963

HSC
favretd said:
it was a heaps hard exam!!!
they only gave us 3 hours and by the time i finished crime and law, justice and society, i had one hour to do 14 essays! i only finished 8 and i did not even reach workplace!!! arrr

anyways i rekon ill probly hit a mid to high band 5, anyone else with me?
Why were you doing 14 essays? You only had to do two and thats all they are going to mark.

lewis99

HSC
nousernames1963 said:
Why were you doing 14 essays? You only had to do two and thats all they are going to mark.
Apparently that is sarcasm!!!

liam9519

HSC
Actually, I'm pretty sure I had the same thought process as that in the exam, and put that. Yeah I put C lol

Woo!

fleck27

HSC
csalvo said:
For question 10, I don't see how it can be D. I put C, because if a law applies to everybody equally, then rich and poor people will be treated the same, and how is that just?
But in the syllabus it has features of a just law: access, equity, treats everybody EQUALLY, fairness and human rights
So it def wasnt C

dolbinau

HSC
csalvo said:
Band 1 coming your way.

;).

knots&crosses

HSC
liam9519 said:
Actually, I'm pretty sure I had the same thought process as that in the exam, and put that. Yeah I put C lol

Woo!
lewis99 -Apparently that is sarcasm!!!

thats two quotes but i dont know how to multi-quote. Sorry i just cant miss this opportunity, lame as it is, Liam9519 started his sentence with actually and the second person with apparently, two of the options in question 4 of multi choice...

Last edited:
HSC
The test was overall easier than expected except multiple choice which was so fucking screwed up. Excuse my language. But omfg!@#%#&*

nsanchez01

HSC
csalvo said:
Apparently the answer to 6 was C) Chancellor's Court
yeah it was the Chancellor's court.
this exam was awesome.
i'm hoping probably 95 because of multiple choice
but yeah pretty sweeeet!

shakky15

HSC
liam9519 said:
this is what i had for multi choice:

1 C
2 A
3 B
4 B
5 C
6 C
7 D
8 D
9 B
10 C
11 C
12 C
13 C
14 D
15 A

By no means correct..

and imo 'english skills' deduct from legal marks. my teacher (who is/was a marker) is always like "less padding!"
same as u.. except i got-
5) D
6)A (i know thats wrong),
10)A\

those multiples were HARD... i was also stunned by the natural law and self determination qns - wasnt expecting those.. and the 8 marker on crime wasnt very nice - compare the types of crime - like what sort of comparing??/ i compared what they were and how they were punishable by the legal system...

i think i did pretty good for consumers and family essays..

overall not bad at all.. just section one im preparing for 20/25.. which is supposedly ment to be the easiest section of the paper.

HSC
Pretty easy.

Family was a sinch (legal institutions or changing morals and standards)

Crime was interesting, the eight marker didn't lend itself to much more than two paragraphs (usually I write four) and the E question was pretty straight forward and didn't lend itself much to legislation and cases.

World order was a bitch 'discuss the statement 'without law there can be no world order' - I spoke about how the law was central to world order because it provides the methods that ensure its compliance but also that non legal measures are important too, but that the law also limits world order through its creation of the notion of state sovereignty. - what did you guys write?

The short responses were easy but the multiple choice was fuck hard. What about that one on the action of the govt against the high court? OWTCH DAWG

But what does it matter now?

nsanchez01

HSC
bruni20 said:
Yeah how do they expect us to do 14 essays!!! i didnt even study world order!
sorry is that a joke?
it was the optional studies.
you weren't supposed to do 14 essays!
umm... im laughing but im hoping you are joking!
lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)