General Thoughts: Mathematics Ext 1 (1 Viewer)

chriss95

HSC
For the projectile, 66.97 deg <= @ <= 75 deg. For the rates/plane, the first part could be proved using cos rule and Pythagoras, and for the second part I got something that looks like

Though I might have gotten the signs or cos/sins mixed up.
I got 180(60-cos(a)) / root(901-30cos(a)) ... don't know how you got sin(a) on the top, because you differentiate with respect to 'u', not 'a'

habitres

HSC
Fucked up big time. Got too stressed and to many stupid mistakes in the multiple choice. Probably ~50/70 if I'm lucky.
Could do all of question 6, but I ran our of time so lost 5 marks for just not being able to complete the last one.

Oh well.
Time for physics and chemistry study.

deswa1

HSC
Found the paper easier than past papers 2011, 2010 etc however for question 14 I couldn't prove that they triangles were congruent! >:O I had the hypotenuse, side but I couldn't prove the 90 degree angle in triangle MXS. Could someone help me with that?
Also had trouble with b iii, my angles didn't overlap i had angles ranging from 15<theta<23? and x>50 for the height equation. AND I couldn't do anything from part C
SO IF ANYONE COULD DO ANY OF THESE QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LET ME KNOW HOW YOU DID IT
You know that one side is common, two others are equal because of equal radii and the other two are equal because diagonals in a rectangle bisect each other.

For b) iii), you need to consider that the domain of sin2(theta) is from 0<theta<180, not just 0<theta<90

nucgaek

HSC
Found the paper easier than past papers 2011, 2010 etc however for question 14 I couldn't prove that they triangles were congruent! >:O I had the hypotenuse, side but I couldn't prove the 90 degree angle in triangle MXS. Could someone help me with that?
Also had trouble with b iii, my angles didn't overlap i had angles ranging from 15<theta<23? and x>50 for the height equation. AND I couldn't do anything from part C
SO IF ANYONE COULD DO ANY OF THESE QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LET ME KNOW HOW YOU DID IT
To prove they're congruent, you use the diagonals are equal and bisect so you get a 3rd and final pair of sides equal.
Don't remember 14 perfectly but b)ii) I got something around 70degrees (there was a smallish range)

Last edited:

hsc2012la

HSC
You know that one side is common, two others are equal because of equal radii and the other two are equal because diagonals in a rectangle bisect each other.

For b) iii), you need to consider that the domain of sin2(theta) is from 0<theta<180, not just 0<theta<90
OMG DAM IT, how could I have not seen the other side T_T and thanks for your help

cartoonmaiz

HSC
N/A
I got that too chriss95. For the last part of q11, I said that since n has to be an integer, r has be to divisible by 3. Since it was n=4r/3.

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
For the projectile, 66.97 deg <= @ <= 75 deg. For the rates/plane, the first part could be proved using cos rule and Pythagoras, and for the second part I got something that looks like

Though I might have gotten the signs or cos/sins mixed up.
dam, i forgot u was 30 xD

I got everything up to there in terms of u and alpha and gave up cos i didnt know what was u xD

nucgaek

HSC
I got that too chriss95. For the last part of q11, I said that since n has to be an integer, r has be to divisible by 3. Since it was n=4r/3.
The question asked on a condition for n, not r.

From all accounts the correct answer is "n is a multiple of 4"

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
For a 3U exam it was easier than usual.

Hoping for somewhere in the 60s.

cartoonmaiz

HSC
N/A
nucgaek I then said that n=4,8,12... would that also be marked right?? I didn't specifically say that n was a multiple of 4...

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
LOL do u know the inverse functions question part iii.............

It says to draw f(x) and f^-1(x) and i drew y=x and y=f(x).......................epic fail

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)