General Thoughts: Mathematics Ext 1 (1 Viewer)

Peter-PF7

HSC
N/A
Any Ruse kids on here? Would love to see what they thought of the paper LOL! State rnking impossible without full marks in this test -.- I wanted 3U to be hard and 4U to be easy.. other way round for me :(

bewiieO

HSC
N/A
Is it weird that I found the Catholic trials easier than this?

64/70 Screwed that up badly. No idea what happened. :cry:

MonsterMe

HSC
I'm guessing I'm just going to jump out on a limb and represent some of the less sure, non-4U students, from low ranked, rural schools and say that while the paper appeared easy for many, the majority of people here are extremely competent students. You guys are, in general, the top kind of students to begin with. 64/70 is far from a screw up. I am happy (or maybe just deluding myself to be so I don't die) with the mark I'm think will be approx 50/70. While that's lower then what I started out hoping to get, with all the lost motivation, if I got that I'd be content. And I'm sure most of my class would be, though there is only 9 or us even doing ext maths.

ahdil33

HSC
I'm guessing I'm just going to jump out on a limb and represent some of the less sure, non-4U students, from low ranked, rural schools and say that while the paper appeared easy for many, the majority of people here are extremely competent students. You guys are, in general, the top kind of students to begin with. 64/70 is far from a screw up. I am happy (or maybe just deluding myself to be so I don't die) with the mark I'm think will be approx 50/70. While that's lower then what I started out hoping to get, with all the lost motivation, if I got that I'd be content. And I'm sure most of my class would be, though there is only 9 or us even doing ext maths.
This.

The majority of people who would be active on forums talking about the HSC, and go post on them happily about their marks are from selective schools, generally would be a top student probably doing 4u, and have done well in the test. So it's hard to judge by the posts on this thread or forum how hard the test was.

in reality the test was similar to last years, B6 will still be 49-51

Rawf

HSC
This.

The majority of people who would be active on forums talking about the HSC, and go post on them happily about their marks are from selective schools, generally would be a top student probably doing 4u, and have done well in the test. So it's hard to judge by the posts on this thread or forum how hard the test was.

Nuuuuuu
I'm probably a 44-47

MonsterMe

HSC
Thanks for the reassurance. Reading these forums is sometimes akin to self-torture for me. Not a single person at my school does 4U, and my school usually gets around 40 band sixes, across the board, added up from every student, each year. Most people in my class, with maybe 3 really strong students, all found today's exam difficult, with little bits that threw people off, and such. I ran out of time, and didn't attempt the last section of 14, but I did it when I got home =/ I also LOVE LOVE LOVE binomial theorem and probability stuff, so was hoping for that as a last question. Instead, 3d trig which really doesn't work in my head at all, was the last one and I'd be surprised if I kept my mark above 45.

yasminee96

HSC
Most of the time would get you like a 97-98 but with the ease of this paper and the stupid new format who knows... Should be at least 95 though:)
wow really? im thinking 62 minimum yayay! great reassurance thank you !

nofate

HSC
What do you think the state rank mark would be? Would 68/70 be too low?

Peter-PF7

HSC
N/A
What do you think the state rank mark would be? Would 68/70 be too low?
Probably too low, was a pretty easy exam.. Im guessing all state rankers will have gotten full marks this year considering there have been years with mch harder exams where an 83/83 was needed to state rank... Never know though, the simplicity may have thrown the Ruse kids off .. ;)

firelightez

HSC
This.

at least last yrs test had a difficult last question....

markGee

HSC
i'm actually so pissed off. i swear the majority of that test was so do-able, but i made stupid mistakes everywhereeee. 39/70 tops :'(

NickGero

HSC
Exactly, this test will have an incredibly large number within 65-70, and the major differentiate-or will be stupid mistakes, not mathematical knowledge like it SHOULD be testing
^this exactly. Pisses you off knowing it was only the silly mistakes that stood between 64 and 70.

gg1994

HSC
N/A
yeah pretty sure i failed lol forgot how to do everything and so many stupid mistakes and misinterpretations. definite fail oh well thats what 2 hours study the day before the exam does. hey thats pretty decent for 2 hours study and not being that great at 3u in the first place, i'm sure most of you guys complaining about getting 60-69/70 (omg so bad!) studied hard. yes still a shit mark but i dont want to go to uni anyways so im not really that fussed. it will probably scale shit though. meh

Caster

HSC
Ah. I was a little confident at first because i 'knew how to do the questions', but after looking at the solutions and reading everyone's thrilled results... i feel absolutely crushed :( because i've done TOO many mistakes everywhere and it cost me a HUGE load of marks -eg mistakes to the point of misreading my handwriting when feeling nervous (i guess it was because im like bottom half of my small class ... even with the fact that half my class are 4u kids.). Nevertheless, it was a fair exam. Praying i can hit that e3.

alexobern

HSC
Anyone know if not putting units would lose a mark? realised throughout the test i hadn't put any units, such as the time of concentration, or the km/h rate thing? also, if i had t=something (which was long and untidied, but right) and put that in my calculator incorrectly to get a wrong simplified answer, that would lose a mark or two right?

7eleven

HSC
N/A
Anyone know if not putting units would lose a mark? realised throughout the test i hadn't put any units, such as the time of concentration, or the km/h rate thing? also, if i had t=something (which was long and untidied, but right) and put that in my calculator incorrectly to get a wrong simplified answer, that would lose a mark or two right?
The markers are usually fussy about the units in 2 unit, but not so much in 3 and 4 unit. So, no, i doubt they'll take of marks for not specifying the units

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)