General Thoughts - Mathematics (1 Viewer)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
lil mon said:
Well.... I thought i did utterly and indescribably bad when I walked out. But some of the answers that everyone is posting up is surprisingly what i got. Im not WAY off as I first thought but that still doesnt mean that Im gonna get marks for the questions that I literally left out.
Had problems with
.. the probablitiy q (think it was q9)
.. finding the area of dat circle logo
.. q7 - show that SP is parellel to the directrix
.. the infamous 10b(ii)

As for the november/october 2010 debate - I got november (makes sense)
Im just soooo glad that maths is OVER!! clearly maths and I cannot co-exist
For SP is parallel, I answered that in words and mathematically.
I found the gradient of SP to be 0, but then said that both SP and the directrix had no rise but a run and hence are parallel.

Dunno if that's the proper way.

somewhereelse

HSC
ok so can someone tell me how to do the mobile phone question?

the fact that you had both a and k as unknowns threw me.. i think i've done one like that before but couldnt remember how.

1600mil = Ae^k(1)

2600(?)mil = Ae^k(2?)

i knowww it doesnt matter anymore but just wondering. (you know, incase i need to figure that out someday in the course of the rest of my MATHS FREE LIFE, FK YESS)

t.j.howlett

HSC
hey guys i wrote the correct answer for the growth one then changed it (i dunno y)...u can still see it on the paper...do u reckon ill still get full marks for it?

HSC
Forbidden. said:
Well I couldn't do 30% of the paper properly, something is often better than nothing.
That's the way I saw it. I wrote at least something down for each question... whether or not it was just me rewriting the question, or actually working it out.

in3rtia

HSC
I did terribly amd the more I think about it the worse I did .Things like "DID I PUT +C FOR THE INTEGRATION QUESTIONS? " are popping into my head right now since I am forgetting what answers I got. Oh but I know I made 1 stupid mistake, I forgot how to integrate in that velocity question which is really stupid of me (stress I guess).
Sigh, I added up everything I think I would get and it only came up to 77/120 :( (but on the plus side I am finding some of the questions I thought were wrong were right :))

hodarrenkm

HSC
damn damn damn....got 8(b)(iv) wrong T^T
i came out the hall thinking that im gonna get 120/120
now hopfully i can get 118/120 cos i think i got everything right

and yeh i hv never seen a growth question like that..usually u are given A

mitchbazza

HSC
hodarrenkm said:
damn damn damn....got 8(b)(iv) wrong T^T
i came out the hall thinking that im gonna get 120/120
now hopfully i can get 118/120 cos i think i got everything right

and yeh i hv never seen a growth question like that..usually u are given A
What was your answer for 10)b)ii)?

Mah

HSC
N/A
Platinum said:
HATED IT!!!

I got 108/120 for my trials, which was supposedly very hard and ranked 2nd...and then I had to stuff up the test that counted the most!!! Every time I think about the paper, I think I lost more marks...so don't want to think about it anymore.

No more Maths! Yay!!!
Yeah I feel the same way...I got 103 in the trials and I will be lucky to get 80 in the HSC.
when I got home I found that for Q9 I subbed in 1.08 instead of 1.06 for the rate...damn

timmeh041

HSC
i could do the exponantional, i think jsut stuffed something up. Was it 1600 000 000 at t = 0 or t = 1 ?

sonson fonson

HSC
oh well. got 8bv wrong. couldn't get 10b ii out coz it's a bitch. but other than that alright i think. just dreading ext1 on wednesday! CRAMMING TIME!

iEdd

HSC
It was t=1. You had to solve simultaneous equations. That's the first time I've seen an EG&D question like that. The A value was not rational, which was a first for me, which I thought was wrong, until my friends said they got the same thing.

Harry Bannister

HSC
Armenikum said:
I hate that attitude. What the fuck did you think it was going to be? The same type of questions every year to suit your neat litte sense of security in trying to memorise the types of questions they give? This is year 12, grow up - my brother in yr 9 could do the exams if it was the same thing over and over - BOS catches on, they wanted candidates to APPLY their knowledge of mathematics, not rote learn exact questions.

I know I ranted, but I am just sick of this attitude when people complain when they are confronted with the unexpected - such a child's attitude.
hey, I don't know who you are, but who do you think you are? Obviously the exam suited you, but perhaps not everyone, perhaps think about the rest who haven't had the perfect run, because tis folly to act wise when ignorance is getting pissed off at those who didn't get the exam they wanted. what's your method when you meet the unexpected? Set up the christmas tree?

timmeh041

HSC
f-ing f on a f-ing f sandwhich with a side helping of f. I could have done that question then. I had practiced a question much like that before and knew exactly what to do. If only i saw a 1 instead of a 0. Any idea if they will award part marks for demonstrating you know some of the methods (follow through errors?)?

Harry Bannister

HSC
Armenikum said:
I hate that attitude. What the fuck did you think it was going to be? The same type of questions every year to suit your neat litte sense of security in trying to memorise the types of questions they give? This is year 12, grow up - my brother in yr 9 could do the exams if it was the same thing over and over - BOS catches on, they wanted candidates to APPLY their knowledge of mathematics, not rote learn exact questions.

I know I ranted, but I am just sick of this attitude when people complain when they are confronted with the unexpected - such a child's attitude.
hey, I don't know who you are, but who do you think you are? Obviously the exam suited you, but perhaps not everyone, perhaps think about the rest who haven't had the perfect run, because tis folly to act wise when ignorance is getting pissed off at those who didn't get the exam they wanted. what's your method when you meet the unexpected? Set up the christmas tree?

alcheikh

HSC
BHHS said:
The Growth and Decay answer was during the 10th month of 2010 aka October 2010, right?

EDIT: OH FUK, I think it was November!
yeh i got 2010 but i got november p.s wata dum question though it wasnt dat hard it was so long i didnt finish everyhtin in time but done most of it

moco

HSC
I just hope I get a band six. Just screwed up 10b). Hopefully everything else will be fine.

*crosses fingers*

Poad

HSC
This is how you started the exponential growth one...

2600mil = Ae^2k
1600mil = Ae^k ....... (divide them through)
1.625 = e^k
..and then Im sure you know where to go from there.

(By the time I post this, Im sure somebody has already cleared it up, Ive just had this reply page open for like 2 hours while I went afk so bleh >_>)

Last edited:

codyjh

HSC
lezzerX said:
Does anyone know whether i'll get a band 6 if i get around 105 raw and i came second in my year with 89%?
definety! read somewhere they give out band 6's for 83-85% + (could be wrong though) so 105/120 so get u there (Y)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)