General Thoughts - Mathematics (2 Viewers)

Äj

HSC
lol. how could you not recognise that it was a right triangle in the logo qn. the angle was pi/2. thats 90 degrees, noobs. lol. :D
i was annoyed that i was out of time by the time i got to the end of qn 10. that qn on sound is so easy. but i had no time :(.

ive got the exam paper here if anyone wants a specific qn

Reta

HSC
i reckon maths was shit i got very shit answers it was hard

cuddlepie2008

HSC
that test was so incredibly hard i thought. i made soooo many stupid mistakes. so much harder than the extension paper i did today i thought.

7birtwj

HSC
whats the go with two unit, our school sucks we only had one boy pass the trial, we were told the state average is 40/120 and a pass is a band five, has any one else herd these stories or are our maths teachers conning us, didnt think it was too bad much better than the trial, hoping for 60-70/120

1 to go

iEdd

HSC
First of all, a pass is no N awards for a course. If you leave school and do a trade, a pass is generally 50% (70% in aircraft trades, etc).
I don't know about 40/120 being state average, but that would mean 75% of the state have chosen the wrong maths course. 60-70/120 means you are good enough to be doing mathematics and not general maths.

sammi260

President of the World
HSC
farahodish said:
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!
I LOLed so hard when I read that

thats exactly what i've been saying after every exam.
I hop on here thinking yup.. high band 5 low band 6
leave the comp thinking "band 3 band 3 band 3"
*breaks down*
Exactly the way I feel lol. And its pretty much the same for all the other subjects too. Then i remember that the majority of people doing the HSC aren't members of this site and that there are people out there like me who are just not posting cos we are all like "Fuck" when we see what all the nerds are posting (and i mean nerds in a good sort of way cos you guys are gonna get fantastic UAIs ... damn you all lmao) :)

i think the exam was pretty good, though it had some tricky questions. I just didnt think logically and had to leave to pee halfway through only discovering that i had to wait for someone else to finish using the toilet, it ate into my time.

i completely misinterpreted questions 9 and i knew exactly how to do it but thought the guy was putting in $1000 into the account 18 times per year (god im a dumbarse) will i still get some marks for it?

what-for?

HSC
can i just say...

maths is a bitch. period.

maths is my worst subject. i knew i wasnt going to get a band 6 but i never thought i would do so miserably. horrible horrible.

i estimated the high 70s will be my maximum result.

i hate using the right side of my brain. in maths, there is an assigned answer that is definate. either reach that answer or you are effed, my friend.

Kukudas

HSC > WOW
HSC
I AM HOPING -_-
i'll get a high band 4 or band 5 -_-

and OMG.. i wrote NOVEMBER -_- i am a goner -_-;;
coz i cbb calculating -_- so i guessed between october and november

sigh -_-;;;

last question.. i just didnt do it -_- LOL ;;

RAW MARK 85/120 would that be good?

Blaxmen

HSC
hey
im currently a year 12 student (HSC 2008) just beginning to relise the importance and scope of the HSC. roughly two hours after the mathematics paper was finished my maths teacher had the paper for us to study and i have got to say that....

that exam was easy, im only starting the HSC course but after doing it under exam conditions my class averaged 60%..

just gotta let you guys know how easy you have it cause next years is certianly going to be harder

hope you all kicked ass on the paper though

morganforrest

HSC
Realise that that exam was quite different to past ones though. There was virtually no integral calculus in there which obviously you haven't learned yet. The flood of geometry was why you could do it so easily.

Desert Dessert

HSC
Armenikum said:
I hate that attitude. What the fuck did you think it was going to be? The same type of questions every year to suit your neat litte sense of security in trying to memorise the types of questions they give? This is year 12, grow up - my brother in yr 9 could do the exams if it was the same thing over and over - BOS catches on, they wanted candidates to APPLY their knowledge of mathematics, not rote learn exact questions.

I know I ranted, but I am just sick of this attitude when people complain when they are confronted with the unexpected - such a child's attitude.
What BOS brochure did you swallow?
I'm sorry not everyone can be as smart as you.

Last edited:

ristway

HSC
Am i the only one who failed this maths exam haha im thinkin bout the 45% mark... wasnt particularly hard or anythin im juz shit at maths! glad its over!

Rythmic

HSC
To be honest I did ****, I found it hard. And I know why, its not that I didn't put effort in, quite the contrary I put alot of effort in, the reason why is because all of our internal assessments were way to easy, like ridiculously easy, and it didn't prepare any of my cohort.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)