General Thoughts: Mathematics (1 Viewer)

jmel93

HSC
Depends on your rank though and how well your cohort does.
Well my school tends to rank pretty well, last year we were 42nd in the state and the year before we were 7th, I ranked 29th out of 45 I think, but that's about average in the 2 unit class, in reality I got somewhere between 71 and 76

friend177

HSC
omg, just realised that the 1 marker for y=2cosx graph asked for the COORDINATES of the point at the y axis. I only wrote '2', not (0,2)... do you still think i can get that 1 mark?
Holy shit I think I wrote 2 that's it i forgot to put the x coordinate ahhhhhh FML

Man I sincerely hope the markers let us off with that one...I mean it's obvious it's 0 in the x axis ....oh god 1 mark gone ...SHIT..anyone did the same silly mistake? Or you reckoned te markers will understand what our point is?

Last edited:
H

hahhahaha

Holy shit I think I wrote 2 that's it i forgot to put the x coordinate ahhhhhh FML

Man I sincerely hope the markers let us off with that one...I mean it's obvious it's 0 in the x axis ....oh god 1 mark gone ...SHIT..anyone did the same silly mistake? Or you reckoned te markers will understand what our point is?

HAHA u suck.

danjw

HSC

I did the same haha FUCK.
Overall exam was a lot better then expected but is question 9 the new question 10 or what!?

adorkkable

HSC
I got 1: root2? FFFFFUUUUU-
O_______O i still had Hs and Cs in there.
1: 2H²C² / h anyone?

and how did you get theta=2 radians? :S

edit: nvm. it's not 1: 2H²C² / h.

Last edited:

Entity

HSC
O_______O i still had Hs and Cs in there.
1: 2H²C² / h anyone?

edit: nvm. it's not 1: 2H²C² / h.
I got theta = 2 radians yeah... but I don't know how I did it now LOL. You don't include C, you've an definate integral...

damo_g

HSC
When you worked out r in terms of P that gave the max area in (iii), you get r = P/4 (4r = P).

But P= r(theta + 2), from (i)

4r = r(theta + 2)
4 = theta + 2
theta = 2.

I didn't even realise you could use part (i) to work it out. I forget exactly how i did it, but i used the equation for the area in (ii) and another equation and ended up with theta = 2 anyways but it just took longer.

Also, in the paraboloid question i got the ratio as 1:2.

13abie

HSC
Did anyone else do what I did? On the social networking question I thought it said 0.5 dollars instead of 0.5 cents, so my answer was wrong! -2 just like that!
I think worst case scenario Ill get 105, best case 113. My internal rank will be worst case 89 best case 91, so hopefully I can take a HSC mark of 92-93! One unit might not count anyway!

Not happy or unhappy with this one

Entity

HSC
LOL SORRY I was looking at the wrong question... But I did get 2 Rads in q10 (b) iii. using i.

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
omg, just realised that the 1 marker for y=2cosx graph asked for the COORDINATES of the point at the y axis. I only wrote '2', not (0,2)... do you still think i can get that 1 mark?
fuck -.- i just realised that i did the same thing....

damo_g

HSC
Did anyone else do what I did? On the social networking question I thought it said 0.5 dollars instead of 0.5 cents, so my answer was wrong! -2 just like that!
You should still pick up a mark because the sequence would still be the same, just the wrong value in the end. You would have just ended up with the amount of cents, in dollars.

Awkward_Ninja

HSC
I think i may or may not have written the coordinates around the wrong way. I think i did (2,0) instead of (0,2).
I'm hating my life.

jgalpin

HSC
'C' comes from the equation of the line x=c, to find volume around the y axis u need x^2, so x^2=c^2. Integrating this u get c^3 / 3 between o and h

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)