General Thoughts: Mathematics (2 Viewers)

churnitout

HSC
did it alll but the part on equal rate of increase and decrease....which i screwed up on

churnitout

HSC
we're never alone in the tough ones....how was the last part of q16?

hjed

HSC
I got a big fraction as well.
I did a limiting sum and got 30 ... I knew that was wrong though so I put 1/6. The correct answer is probably slightly more than half, as they both have the same chance of winning on their go, he just goes first.

mahoo_mk

HSC
I did a limiting sum and got 30 ... I knew that was wrong though so I put 1/6. The correct answer is probably slightly more than half, as they both have the same chance of winning on their go, he just goes first.
i kept getting 1 when doing limiting sum so i used logic and said half because #yolo

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
That probability question has come up in a past 4U exam, so good effort to anyone who got it out.

vw95

HSC
those people saying it was fkin easy either go to James Ruse, Baulkham Hills (or some selective school that is in the top 20) or are either trolling and trying to make us feel bad... tbh i got 94 for the CSSA trial and the trial was a lot easier than the 2 unit exam we just did !!
if a lot of people found it hard/harder (i did... compared to every other paper i had looked at, and btw i do 3 unit :/ ) then they will scale it higher :)
Don't worry, the reaction of most of us leaving the exam at Baulko: "WHAT THE FUCK, THAT WAS HARD."

bedpotato

HSC
1997 paper. Very similar, slightly harder. I thought it was a great probability question, and I definitely didn't expect to see it in a 2U paper.
I've seen this type of question in a 2U trial before.
Yet I still managed to screw it up.

jordan jacobson

HSC
For the probability question in said it was 1/2 + 1/36 because they have an equal chance of winning but pat goes first. Not sure if right :p

lolwot

HSC
Can someone do working for the probability one? Just wondering

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
I've seen this type of question in a 2U trial before.
Yet I still managed to screw it up.
It's definitely 2U material, but it takes a lot of insight to recognize that it's a GP and to find the limiting sum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)