General thoughts: Maths SC (1 Viewer)

Freshmex

Stapler Donator.
HSC
Our teacher gave us heaps of non-calculator tests before-hand. It wasn't too bad, but some questions did question my... (thinks of a rhyme). A friend of mine also left out the last section. Ouch.

thef1re

HSC
N/A
does anyone know if the bands we get are SOLELY based on the result of the actual tests? or are they a mix of the test+internal marks?

Deluge

HSC
WOOHOO!

I just totally guessed that relative frequency question because I thought... Well... frequency... relative to what? Then I thought that it was relative to the total of the frequencies...

And for that border question, I wrote 80 by 50 because:
- the smallest rectangle's width was 80 - 6x , and 80 by 50 (80 - 6 x 5) was the only option from the choices that didn't make "x" a mixed numeral...

mandathepanda

HSC
Ughh that running laps question was tricky- overall was ok but as others said you needed to watch the time.

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
^ My friend almost forgot the last section for the trials :)

philzy

HSC
i rekon i did shit overall for this exam. the 1st section i guessed like 2 or 3 and i kew they were worng and didnt do 4. i guessed like 10 in the mc and according to every1s responses in section 2 i jus rekon i did shit. i am very disappointed

philzy

HSC
i rekon i did shit overall for this exam. the 1st section i guessed like 2 or 3 and i kew they were worng and didnt do 4. i guessed like 10 in the mc and according to every1s responses in section 2 i jus rekon i did shit. i am very disappointed

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
i actually thought the maths one was quite alright .. but i wouldnt know yet until i see my marks ><" .. and for that running one .. ahh !! .. ii just multiplied them .. really could be bothered writing all the multiples ! ( damn non calc. !! ) but overall .. quite simple and easy =]

Deluge

HSC
thef1re said:
does anyone know if the bands we get are SOLELY based on the result of the actual tests? or are they a mix of the test+internal marks?
From what I've read from a person who actually does SC moderation, he/she said that the band we get will be dependant on which we achieved in the exam. However, what final mark we get is not indicative of what mark we achieved in the exam because marks are moderated. So for example, if you got 79/90 for English but you were in the top few% of the state, your exam (raw) mark will get pushed up into the 90s. Make sense? :)

Freshmex

Stapler Donator.
HSC
thef1re said:

Yup. Apparently it is, just like the HSC. Well that's what my geography teacher told me.

Deluge

HSC
OK now I'm confused, haha.

Your geography teacher might be right though. Why would the teachers send our marks to BOS if they weren't really being used?

Neurox

HSC
Pretty easy test.. as usual. the MC and, short answer was easy. Non-calc is a different story, i stuffed up at least 2 or 3, i guess it doesnt really matter, theyre 1 markers anyway.

thef1re

HSC
N/A
LMAO

Thanks for clearing it up for me Deluge.

EDIT:
umm i am confused casue i read Freshmex's post :S

legallyblondexx

HSC
oh my goshhh!
you guys are all so smart, i think i did terrible...i do advanced maths too (but i suck at it :p) and i thought it was really hard :(...
oh well, all over now!!!

.:Krad:.

HSC
had enough time but...
missed the last question on non-calculator section
shame i didnt look at it

Freshmex

Stapler Donator.
HSC
thef1re said:
LMAO

Thanks for clearing it up for me Deluge.

EDIT:
umm i am confused casue i read Freshmex's post :S
She could be wrong. But she did say that our marks would go to the BOS for some reason. Ugh, I didn't do too good for the science journal one; neither did a lot of people because we received the outcomes AFTER we did it.

legallyblondexx

HSC
so they do scale the mark for the band up then? coz i've heard everything: they just take your raw mark and leave it as it is, that they half it and add it to 50, they scale you up according to how everyone else does...
i'm so confused, lol

cute-nesss

HSC
YAY! so happi the skool certificate is OVA.. mwahahha...
buh i still got ICT to do this friday,, buh that'll be easy!

and i got NO SKOOL tomoz n thursday... wooo

anyway, to the topic...
i'm in the top math class too ! yay *hi 5*
the test was alright... they had a few tricky questions and SUPA EASY ones tooo...

buh i didn't hav enough time for the non-calculator part :'(
didn't do three question's!!!... am i too slow or did they not giv us enough time...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)