General thoughts: Maths SC (1 Viewer)

the leader

HSC
the last question in non-calculator, the complete the shape thing?

i used my compass and got the right side lengths but i had an obtuse angle and the picture had an actue angle...???
I retried about 3 times but I couldn't get anything different

Anyone else have issues with that one?

Deluge

HSC
I had issues with that and got it in the last few minutes...

First, I drew an arc with radius 6cm from D, then an arch with radius 2cm from B...

Where the arcs intersected was C. I measured it and it was accurate :)

cute-nesss

HSC
wow u peeps r smart!.... i wasn't realli sure how to do that Question... but i started using my compass to measure the angles... then the examiner said 'pens down'... NOO!!! i havn't finished the damn thing!!..
oh well... i think i did alright in the rest...

legallyblondexx

HSC
cute-nesss said:
wow u peeps r smart!.... i wasn't realli sure how to do that Question... but i started using my compass to measure the angles... then the examiner said 'pens down'... NOO!!! i havn't finished the damn thing!!..
oh well... i think i did alright in the rest...
omgosh! i did exactly the same with the very last question in the calculator part...i stared at it for agggess, and then i finally thought of how i could do it, and then it was pens down :(!
some of the q's in that were really hard, lol

Dyne

HSC
Deluge said:
I had issues with that and got it in the last few minutes...

First, I drew an arc with radius 6cm from D, then an arch with radius 2cm from B...

Where the arcs intersected was C. I measured it and it was accurate :)
I didnt use a compass. . . no wonder it looked a bit off.

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
Dyne said:
I didnt use a compass. . . no wonder it looked a bit off.
Haha me either. Mine looked odd, even though the length dimensions were right.

mook281090

HSC
Yeah, er, i didn't realise there was a final section until time was up. :eek: I was so frustrated though, coz I thought I was going so well for time and it turned out it was a lie! god, i'm so frustrated. i'm hoping now for a band 4.. :mad1:

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
hmm, seemed like quite a few people had trouble with that last question...

Freshmex

Stapler Donator.
HSC
cute-nesss said:
YAY! so happi the skool certificate is OVA.. mwahahha...
buh i still got ICT to do this friday,, buh that'll be easy!

and i got NO SKOOL tomoz n thursday... wooo

anyway, to the topic...
i'm in the top math class too ! yay *hi 5*
the test was alright... they had a few tricky questions and SUPA EASY ones tooo...

buh i didn't hav enough time for the non-calculator part :'(
didn't do three question's!!!... am i too slow or did they not giv us enough time...
We're expected to go to school everyday after today because apparantly we need to "fulfill the hours of the course in order to obtain a school certificate"

legallyblondexx

HSC
tamaranadine said:
I do advanced maths as well and I too found it difficult. The questions they gave us were alright, but I think they didn't give us enough time. Maybe with an extra 10- 20 minutes I would have been alright.

Oh, and did anyone else realise that on one of the booklets it said something like;
"Yhis section will now be collected, so wait before commencing on to the next section."

Weel, I didn't personally see it, but alot of my peers did, so they waited for people to collect the papers, which never happened and then "pens down"

They missed a whole section.

Our head teacher is talking to the board about it now.
i think one of the reasons the advanced people found it difficult (well, the reason i found it difficult) is the fact that the advanced course is really different to what was in the sc (like, barely any of the stuff we learnt in maths this yr was in there).

are you serious about the people waiting all that time and missing a whole section?
oh my gosh..i didn't see that personally, but i would be SO pissed off if that were me, and i had waited all that time...

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Stupid BOS :p They should let us have early holidays that start next week! :burn:

Harkaraj

HSC
Uni Grad
I went alright, just finished in time as I was being cautious in multiple choice not to make silly mistakes, all in all fairly simple, should get band 6

Goodluck everyone for Computer Skills

James747

HSC
I'm happy cuz Im in the lower half of the top maths class and I finished in time, and got to check over everything. This real test was harder than the trials for us, however. Some were dead easy, but on an overall level i consider it hard. :S But I'm happy everything is over. =D

mook281090

HSC
yeah since i missed the last section (20 marks) i'm wondering if it's still possible to get a band 4 or 5. are our marks scaled up?

LiiL

HSC
N/A
Faytle said:
I'm in the top Advanced Maths class, and have been doing fairly well throughout the whole year.. but I found that extremely hard.

Didn't manage to finish Section 1, and had to guess some multiple choices.

Anyone feeling the same here? :(

Sounds like a lot of people found that easy (great for you guys!).
Yeah...im in the top Advanced Maths class also...most of the class didnt manage to finish section 1...i just did but didnt turn over the page to see the last question :mad1:

My teacher looked at the exam also and thought it was hard...

Don't worry...you are not alone

Glad its over...

Last edited:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
cfair said:
Heh, I kinda struggled with most of the content in the exam, especially section 2 as I hadn't looked over that at all. But I found the final non calc question which you guys had trouble with very very easy, compass for the win. :)
I felt that Section was relatively easy. I finished in 20 mins, with the last question taking about 5 mins :p

Bhaskar13

HSC
I'm EXTREMELY disappointed with my performance in the test...it was a mistake, but i didn't do the whole Sestion 2 Part B...i put it underneath all my other papers and didn't see it until the supervisor said pens down....i can't believe i did that...

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I was the last person to leave the hall :rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)