General Thoughts: Modern History (1 Viewer)

vantastic

HSC
smashed that bitch up!!!!! sooooo happy with the arab israeli question on the PLO and arafat in relation to personality quesion :) :)

Phouna

HSC
N/A
Oh I can only hope.
I really don't want to make a fool out of myself because I ran out of the hall after the exam and almost hugged my friend because I was so happy about it, haha.

:jump:hahahas... and that friend was jumping up and down!

Raihana92

HSC
awesome test-fair all around
i cant belive i predicted the anti war q COMPLETLEY! we didnt even get that as a practice q all year but for some reason i thought it was going to come! i even emailed my teacher laswt night going what do we do if we get how anti war lead to south defeat hah! almost started cracking up in the exam
ww1 was good
indochina was great
germany was fair-pretty straightforward-did b of course
hmm quote was weird but manegable-stupid 10 marker was so broad-i mean make it SO easy!

jmods

HSC
Hoooolllyyy crap.

That paper could not have been better! I was beaming and laughing when I started the Conflict in Europe question (appeasement). LAUGHING.

Does anyone else to appeasement for history extension? That paper was an absolute gift, right on my exam table.

WW1 - best topics, great sources.
Germany - Weimar. Brilliance.
Personality - Speer. Could not have been better - I think it would have been good for others too?
Conflict in Europe - like I said, amazing.

2 extra pages for Core,
15 for Germany
11 for Speer (too long >_>)
10 for Conflict.

nosh22

HSC
Yeah!! It was a great paper.
WW1 - Similar to our trial. Teacher predicted women.
Russia - Yay! My 2 best questions! Did Consolidation of power.
Mikhail Gorbachev - I disagreed with the question lol happy with it.
Cold War - I have done similar questions in 2 assessments before lol.

E
C
S
T
A
T
I
C

:rofl:

I'M FINISHED THE HSC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Freakstyler09

HSC
Reading this doesn't make me feel confident far how could people write so much???? :(

This is how much I wrote:

America 1919-1941: 6.5
Personality: 8
Indo China: 4.5

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
Reading this doesn't make me feel confident far how could people write so much???? :(

This is how much I wrote:

America 1919-1941: 6.5
Personality: 8
Indo China: 4.5
Don't worry :)
If you feel that you wrote a sufficient amount and said what you needed to say and said it right then don't worry about how many pages other people wrote.
And some people just have really huge handwriting.

Freshjiver

HSC
Fuccccck yeah that was alright !

Considering i strategically didn't learn parts of the syllabus thinking they wouldn't be tested lol.. was soo nervous opening the paper, & when i saw it was all stuff that i knew i was preeetty happy :jump:

WW1: Stalemate & Women - Pretty eaassy; should get like 22+
Germany: Propaganda, terror & repression on society - looked over that last night, remembered historians and everything! Wrote 14 pages.
Speer: part a) easy 9 or 10/10, wrote 4 pages; part b) not too bad, wrote a booklet.
Conflict In Europe: Appeasement/Outbreak of War - pretty easy stuff! Wrote 13 pages.

Did anyone else chuck in well known historians' names and make up a general opinion & attribute it to them lol..?

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Don't worry :)
If you feel that you wrote a sufficient amount and said what you needed to say and said it right then don't worry about how many pages other people wrote.
And some people just have really huge handwriting.
Yeah, i wrote around what you did and trials and got 86 so don't worry :)

C3L38R1TY

HSC
I thought that it was a somewhat simple exam with general questions
Hope i did okay though :)

melissa-d

HSC
oh my gosh. totalitarianism (L) (L) (L)
stalin has never looked so good.
and cold war. thank you for not being detente or the end of the war.
the end.

Ezzzgi

HSC
Stalemate- how much/what did you guys write on this? i couldnt think of more than 2 pages worth?

b) i DISAGREED with the question profusely, thinking that's what we're supposed to do, but everyone seems to have agreed with it. what did you agree'ers say?

I said yes contextual elements are important i.e early life, but it was his passionate ideology that contributed more significantly to both his success and his demise. I don't think its that bad to disagree but if everyone agreed then =\
Yeah, I only used the two pages they gave us for Stalemate... but I dunno how huge your writing is; mine's pretty small, I seem to write half as many pages as other people.

As for Trotsky b, I did exactly the same thing as you... if you find that reassuring at all =P

Woooo that was good! I couldn't make myself study last night, so I just hoped I'd remember everything I had to, and I got lucky :D

Except Cold War... only wrote about 3/4 of a normal essay worth of stuff on that =\

pale-perfect

HSC
Loved it!

Personality question was sick and thought germany was really good
Agreed! I had Speer, Germany and the Cold War. I found the Cold War questions a little limiting but I think this was my best exam by far!

I'm just hoping Legal tomorrow is just as broad *fingers crossed*

illa mc

HSC
Yeah!! It was a great paper.
WW1 - Similar to our trial. Teacher predicted women.
Russia - Yay! My 2 best questions! Did Consolidation of power.
Mikhail Gorbachev - I disagreed with the question lol happy with it.
Cold War - I have done similar questions in 2 assessments before lol.

E
C
S
T
A
T
I
C

:rofl:

I'M FINISHED THE HSC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did you disagree with the quote for Gorbachev, it was completely fitting. Growing up in the totalitation Stalinist regime during collectivisation clearly influenced his later policies attempting to reform communism and allow freedom of speech and information. Was a perfect question for Gorbi!

spazamataz

HSC
That was so good!!!
WWI was pretty easy. Germany, was also easy, the personality, i didn't like how it was so broad, but yeah still went well. Indochina... Well it was alright, did anybody else pretty much say that the anti-war movements in the US was one of several factors that led to communist victory?

xxdarcyxx

HSC
Loved it !

WW1: great,filled the spaces provided and was happy with my answers

Russia: did consolidation which was good cos i had answer similar ones before plus i hate stalin

Trotsky: a) was good b) did a bit of bullshit but still worked my quotes n stuff into it

Cold war: did b) arms race... main point was that arms race was significant but must look at many events to assess the tensions ,only wrote like 3/4 of a page on arms race then went into like evertyhing else,korea,china,berlin wall,cuba,vietnam,space race,sino-soviet split,afghanistan... hopefully it doesn't seem loike i was just putting in everything i knew.. i did link to question :)

wrote 8,8 ,8 wish i'd done more but my writing was slightly smaller n more legiable this exam for some reason ?

now onto my next 4 exams :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)