General Thoughts: Modern History (1 Viewer)

viserys

HSC
Idk I was talking to a couple of friends who said that the barrage was bad for the author of the source because it failed against the enemy, but it didn't say that the barrage was actually harming his own troops? It did state in the source that the shrapnel was "an ugly thing" or some crap like that though... Idk can someone upload the paper and sources LOL hope it's barrage though!
"our people suffered heavily from our new gunfire methods - the barrage"
"hun used a lot of shrapnel against us - dirty stuff"

man barrage, shelling, and shrapnel are all essentially synonyms that question was so shit
I put barrage, now I feel like I might be wrong, but I can't even remember the question
mc was the worst part

Mightymullet

HSC
man barrage, shelling, and shrapnel are all essentially synonyms that question was so shit
I put barrage, now I feel like I might be wrong, but I can't even remember the question
mc was the worst part
Friggen changed my answer from shrapnel to shelling to barrage. HAHA.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Multiple choice sucked, and I overwrote on both WWI questions. Ended up going 15 minutes over for this section (so stupid of me)
Happy with the consolidation question for Russia, it had a lot in it with communism in theory and practice, the NEP and War Comm but it was still a reasonable question.
Leon Trotsky took me a little while to understand what the question wanted from me. Hoping my interpretation of 'events' vs 'individual' is okay. Could lose a lot of marks if not.
Indochina I'm worried I didn't properly address the time period fully. Didn't really make direct reference to events as late as 1979, just a quick reference at the end (did this whole section in 25 minutes, so just hoping for the best really)

SuchSmallHands

HSC
"our people suffered heavily from our new gunfire methods - the barrage"
"hun used a lot of shrapnel against us - dirty stuff"

mc was the worst part
I think we all put barrage, shelling and shrapnel are elements of the barrage so it seemed the most general, all encompassing term. Unless we all got tricked by it. Multiple choice was a little bitch this year

raggiedoll

Scumbag
HSC
How I managed to stretch my Conflict in Europe air war response out to 8 pages is beyond me

Constantine

HSC
Multiple choice sucked, and I overwrote on both WWI questions. Ended up going 15 minutes over for this section (so stupid of me)
Happy with the consolidation question for Russia, it had a lot in it with communism in theory and practice, the NEP and War Comm but it was still a reasonable question.
Leon Trotsky took me a little while to understand what the question wanted from me. Hoping my interpretation of 'events' vs 'individual' is okay. Could lose a lot of marks if not.
Indochina I'm worried I didn't properly address the time period fully. Didn't really make direct reference to events as late as 1979, just a quick reference at the end (did this whole section in 25 minutes, so just hoping for the best really)
Honestly I think that BOSTES trying to trick us. After the Americans left with Vietnamisation they really didn't do much nor did the actions have too much influence/consequence. I think one passing reference to their support in Cambodia would do just the trick. Even if you stopped at the last US troops leaving Vietnam it wouldn't be too much of a problem. You go any further and it's Pol Pot.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Honestly I think that BOSTES trying to trick us. After the Americans left with Vietnamisation they really didn't do much nor did the actions have too much influence/consequence. I think one passing reference to their support in Cambodia would do just the trick. Even if you stopped at the last US troops leaving Vietnam it wouldn't be too much of a problem. You go any further and it's Pol Pot.
I really rushed this section so I just sort of said that the effect on soldiers who went back to the US and the destruction of farmland etc. continued to effect people well throughout the 70s. Didn't even go into Vietnamisation because I ran out of time. Left myself nearly no time to write this essay, regret it so much now.

sheldogge

HSC
MC was a fucking joke. Best be taking a guess with most of them - by far the hardest part of the paper. Probably got 23's in the over section, possibly a fucking 19 in Core. Who ever wrote the core section is autistic.

Boombam

HSC
for indochina A: did anyone provide a background such as containment and Diem or was i the only one stupid enough to waste time for that.

Last edited:

Ncm

HSC
How I managed to stretch my Conflict in Europe air war response out to 8 pages is beyond me
anyhow know how many pages for the essays are provided in the personalised booklet?

Mightymullet

HSC
for indochina A: did anyone provide a background such as containment and Diem or was i the only one stupid enough to waste time for that.
I chucked in a paragraph on the 5 policies resulting from Cold War so containment, domino theory etcetc

Dogs4Life

HSC
i did that as well, its important and its good justification for kennedys policy up until 1963 when he gets assassinated

Simile

HSC
N/A
For all then eople who did Germany, did you talk from 1918-1939?

edwardf316

HSC
N/A
same, did you talk about the rest of the battles? 9 solid pages i was so happy
Yeah. I did first 3 or so pages on significance on purely air war. Then the rest was just talking about how it was the air war that contributed the success of all other campaigns

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)