General Thoughts on 2005 Examination (1 Viewer)

mattplaysguitar

HSC
yeah ive learnt from looking at past papers, EVERY QUESTION U MUST READ CAREFULLY. they always put in 2 cables or something in all those types of questions to throw u, u gotta watch out all the time, cause they r out ta get ya :p:D

gazzaed

I thought it was a good test overall, I'd prepared a fair bit as it's my best subject and Im hoping for band 6. Worst part was, with 30 seconds to spare, finding out that the insert (not the brass one) in the first drawing actually went all the way into the housing, as the housing is bored to 4mm dia and the bush is 4mm dia. anyway, fixed it just in time. I was dissapointed that there were no questions on microstructures AT ALL or any sort of science type questions. Still, I think i nailed most of the written stuff.

EVERYONE: which material did u choose for the train handle and why?

nayf

steel reinforced polyurethane. i think i said because the steel makes it really rigid so it will resist breaking, and i wasn't sure but i said polyurethane is hard so it can't be cut or scratched easily, ie. vandalism. i can't remember if that was all i said. what was the question?

gordo87

I though it was well hard hey.. As you guys were saying, no heat treatment or anything like that made it very hard to study for.. threw me off big time.. oh well, shit happens... Did you guys think it was harder than previous years though? just trying to get a feel for how i went..

BTW, i got the presiding officers copy of the exam if anyone wants to see certain q's

wonko

i said steel and polyurethane- polyurethane is nonporous i think so that was my major one against vandalism

btw lars101 - in engineering they don't include any of the preliminary modules, the only things we take from that are the basic materials and mechanics knowledge and how it applies to the HSC modules

dblanche

HSC
multiple choice question

I cant remember which number it was but what process did you guys choose for the production of the hard hat, I think I said (D)

salsaDAVE

HSC
THAT TEST WAS EVIL! most of the other kids in my class thought so too. twas not good, i forgot all the stuff on trusses, and i guessed how to do most of the other calculations! the 1st drawing was a biatch, got it down pat tho i think

AHHH ah well, engineering wasnt my strong point anyways

the_dk_master

yeh i got the VR at 4 and 25
except i got 8 slabs for the truck, i worked out how much power and empty truck took and then minised that from 400Kw then worked out how much power each slab took and yeh worked out exaclty at 8 slabs.

was it just me our was that first drawing shit hard? it took for ever.

the_dk_master

yeh that was the first thing i did, it was 50kw of power for the truck just goin up the hill and 350kw of power left for the slabs

red_raptor_2110

Well.... hmmm... failed !!!
Stupid engineering teacher straightened up 2 years too late. My friends and I tried to study ourselves but its just too hard without a proper teacher. We tried our best, answering every question logically but i dont think it gonna turn out well.
oh well... :( gotta focus on the other exams.
Goodluck everyone.....
take care..

ballistic_nerd

Wannabe Pro Gamer
HSC
red_raptor_2110 said:
Well.... hmmm... failed !!!
Stupid engineering teacher straightened up 2 years too late. My friends and I tried to study ourselves but its just too hard without a proper teacher. We tried our best, answering every question logically but i dont think it gonna turn out well.
oh well... :( gotta focus on the other exams.
Goodluck everyone.....
take care..
It sucks to hear that. You sound like that your in the same situation as I am.
What school do you go to by the way?

Mat_Aussie

HSC
Did anyone else find the "limitations of the corded headphones" question... redundant???!!

Trademark

HSC
gordo87 said:
BTW, i got the presiding officers copy of the exam if anyone wants to see certain q's
Hey, mind scanning the whole test in? Not the multiple choice though. We got those back.

JumboKHS

HSC
The main thing that got me in that test was the first drawing question that was rediculous for me as i hadnt done tech drawing in years 9-10. For the power question i got something like 4.2 slabs so 4 whole slabs which is what alot of people seem to be getting . I dont think we were given enough working space for that question though my working ended up being so messy and hard to follow even by myself because i was trying to squish stuff in everywhere :(.

The test ended up being quite different to what i had predicted as well, i was expecting quite abit on aluminium alloys or steel as they seem to be the most commonly used materials these days but most of the materials questions were on concrete :O.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)