*hifive* we're in the same boat XD i was so screwed for that exam.. =(
lol
same.
BUt...at least we've finished it! YAY!
=D

swatee

HSC
bellanchez said:
i hope i get above 80... got 75 in trial but didnt study that much.
how fucked was that energy, work question. i wish it to die
i wish death to it toooooo

switchfootfan

HSC
twas ok
i thought it was easy but thats often a bad sign with me
hoping at least band 5 but low band 6 would be great
i know i got at least one wrong in to mc (Q6 stupid.....)
ive always been slain on the mini essay questions so that would be where i lost my marks....
Med phys was fairly good excpet i realised how to do the very last 3 mark question about 30 seconds before the end... (again stupid)
everything else was fine.......

Desiree

HSC
I think I did ok, it was alot easier than past exams.

AngelBunny`

HSC
I was really lucky, I study Q2Q and in the morning before the exam i thought i will looked through all the particle accerlerators. After reading the cyclotron one i gave up and it was in the exams!!!

Overall I think this exam was alright, I didn't do much pass papers(2001-2003) and I think they are all harder than this one...So many 6 and 7 mark questions... I also looked through the standard package for 2001 and 2002, Don't think I will get band5/6. =(

HSC
karumi said:
>_< ahh I didn't like it at all but that's just me. 36 hours of cramming the entire physics course of 1 year doesn't really work. I'm still blissfully hoping my exam marker will be blind and think all my answers are correct ... that and I had Japanese afterwards. Worst day of my life with 6 hours of exams in total! *cries*
Oh I know the feeling! I had that day too! Theres all japanese all over my physics question booklet because I got bored, I had done all I could (which wasnt a graet deal)....cramming physics really isnt a good idea boys and girls...

the test itself was fair, I probably couldve gone a lot better than I did if I studied a bit more...oh welL!

n3tjunki3

HSC
overall......fairly easy test......suprised there werent any prac questions

meekzy89

HSC
it was pretty fab!

all the 6 mark questions were easy

i liked it

just a few questions tricked me slightly!

meekzy89

HSC
StYlez- said:
multiple choice was easy, cept the transformer 1, forgot voltage could go negative -_-"

distance between the two wires was difficult, i only subb'd the first value of mass into F = mg

then used the first value of current, when u use the average.

prolly lost most my marks in the 4/6 mark questions, prolly only get 3/5 max.

overall. easier than last year.

at least we didnt get any stupid michael jordan questions

LOL that michael jordan question was easy
just think of him as a projectile. .. vertical motion
then use ur formulas
u already had time of flight or sumthin

it works out that the review dont know anything about physics cuz jordan wulda jumped 30m into the air to stay up for that long!
LOLOL!!

EASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

adothetechy

Adrian
HSC
StYlez- said:
transformers only work on AC current dont they"???
You have to remember that transformers are an application of Lenz's Law, and respond to a change in flux. So as the student turned the thing on and off there was a change in flux, thus the answer is A.

Transformers do only work on AC, but the question wasn't asking for a working scenario, damn trick.

helper

HSC
N/A
adothetechy said:
You have to remember that transformers are an application of Lenz's Law, and respond to a change in flux. So as the student turned the thing on and off there was a change in flux, thus the answer is A.
Same as last years question using DC

Transformers do only work on AC, but the question wasn't asking for a working scenario, damn trick.
A transformer can work off a DC supply as long as there is a method of changing flux. Most of the induction coils you see at school to power cathode ray tubes are DC supplies, that are transformed. There is an electromagnetic switch to turn them on and off and make a constantly changing flux.

vojnik

HSC
sja said:
band 6 cut off this year will be the same as it is every year

from 78 to 82/100

oh and i dont know how you guys seriously think everyone is getting 85-90/100 raw. do you understand how critical they are when it comes to the 4-6 markers? everyones assuming they all got 6/6 for the longer responses. this exam was more like an english exam

the photo electric effect question needed you to discuss scientists like einstein and maxwell, talking about how scientists discovered what light was made of etc. you're looking at 4/6 maximum if you didn't include hypothesis, theories, scientific methods - practical experiements...

oh and future potential applications of super conductors - if you did not mention the economic costs and practicality and how much time/effort and effiency will be lost when converting to methods chosen then youre stuck on 4/6 with perfect explanation and terminology

good luck everyone
Youre dead right. Finally someone with at least half a brain on these forums.

Blagendorf

HSC
rivergumrob said:
I was really happy with it...physics is must best subject tho, and we have an awesome teacher. I think around 85 is what ill get, but two of my mates think theyll get 95...its a little crazy. I didnt like the question about calculating the distance between the two copper rods, i know you had to use F/l=kI1I2/d, but i didnt know how to find F. grrr....how do you do it?
Cheers
don't worry, i figured it all out but forgot what k was... of course it is a constant that is in the bloody formula sheet... i'm so annoyed now... *shrugs*

i'm thinking i probably got about 65-70... but i'm hoping for 85 to compensate for my (probable) bad english marks... :(

abroscrasha

HSC
yeah, i pretty much struggled with physics throughout the year (63% in trial) but after summarrising the course i found that the exam was fairly straight forward for the most part. i reckon i got about 75%. i didnt like that question about the two copper rods though.

Cade

HSC
i think the paper was fair..not easy..not hard. and surprisingly i finished much earlier than expected..tho i cudn't do anythin wid the extra time..LOLZ.. I love physics!!! and i love all the theories part..they really make me think...oh when i was reading the questions, i could have sworn i heard my Physics sir's voice lecturing in my ears...crazy...:haha:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)