General Thoughts: PDHPE (1 Viewer)

standardenglish

HSC
Specific initiativeS emphasis on the s. I spoke about diabetes aus and the nesb scheme
i just said that health promotion initiatives in genral are based on the stages of the ottawa charter and then wrote about all stages and how each promotes social justice, with examples for each stage? out of 8??

justforart

HSC
N/A
i just said that health promotion initiatives in genral are based on the stages of the ottawa charter and then wrote about all stages and how each promotes social justice, with examples for each stage? out of 8??
I did that too.
And i think that was fine because if it ever wants a specific one it says 'ONE specfic health initiative'
Is MC Q1 C???

michaeljennings

HSC
I did that too.
And i think that was fine because if it ever wants a specific one it says 'ONE specfic health initiative'
Is MC Q1 C???
Yes in my trial exam they said ONE specific so thats what I did, but for this one it didnt specific so I didnt use ONE i just used some examples from a few different ones. And MC q1 is Coronary Heart Disease which was C i think, Theres a MC Thread you can check out

Upontheroof

HSC
So did most people write loads of extra booklets?
This guy who has been a marker for a longgg time has a child at our school and when he came in to talk to us about the exam he told us to try to stick to the lines they've given you because none of the markers really like having to read the extra booklets, especially if it's irrelevant information. I guess it's only because they don't want to waste time, but he said to get the point across as concisely as you can because they're not expecting an essay, they just look for relevant info.
He also said that if they get a paper with really messy writing and it's practically illegible they shove it to the bottom of the pile because no one wants to mark it. It's kinda unethical, but he also said that if they get frustrated with illegibility they just shove a random mark on it and hand it to another marker to see if they can read it. (idk how true that it, I'm pretty sure they have to try to read it and give it maximum marks).

samlou94

HSC
So did most people write loads of extra booklets?
This guy who has been a marker for a longgg time has a child at our school and when he came in to talk to us about the exam he told us to try to stick to the lines they've given you because none of the markers really like having to read the extra booklets, especially if it's irrelevant information. I guess it's only because they don't want to waste time, but he said to get the point across as concisely as you can because they're not expecting an essay, they just look for relevant info.
He also said that if they get a paper with really messy writing and it's practically illegible they shove it to the bottom of the pile because no one wants to mark it. It's kinda unethical, but he also said that if they get frustrated with illegibility they just shove a random mark on it and hand it to another marker to see if they can read it. (idk how true that it, I'm pretty sure they have to try to read it and give it maximum marks).
girls at my school either took no extra booklets or 3 max extra booklets. imagine being a marker, and its 8:59pm and you're about to finish (they mark from 5pm-9pm), the last thing they'd want is to read 1+ booklets of irrelevant information. yeah i'd agree with what u said about how they mark but yes they still have to try and read it.. it'll probably just mean the marker will be less generous with marks because they'd be in a frustrated mood since the handwriting was hard to read.

engie_benji

HSC
yeh but a few of the questions were silly. The m.c and options were easy. i reckon i got 56/60 for those two parts. but then dropped 5 marks in each core so i reckon about 86ish

standardenglish

HSC
I did that too.
Is MC Q1 C???
yeh thats what i thought, if u look at the 2010 paper there was a question where it says one specific health initiative, and i got question 1 as b which was coronary heart disease

Last edited:

standardenglish

HSC
Yes in my trial exam they said ONE specific so thats what I did, but for this one it didnt specific so I didnt use ONE i just used some examples from a few different ones. And MC q1 is Coronary Heart Disease which was C i think, Theres a MC Thread you can check out
coronary heart disease was b

Last edited:

Pogsonofjosh

HSC
Did anyone else find it really hard to answer all 5 questions from section two. I thought that was a bit harsh, we hadnt even studied 3 of the topics in class, lucky i had a brief look over them before the exam, but it meant that i didn't even get to attempt the multiple choice or the question about cancer! I would have thought there would be much more talk about this then there is.... Any thoughts?

MATHSCAPE

HSC
Did anyone else find it really hard to answer all 5 questions from section two. I thought that was a bit harsh, we hadnt even studied 3 of the topics in class, lucky i had a brief look over them before the exam, but it meant that i didn't even get to attempt the multiple choice or the question about cancer! I would have thought there would be much more talk about this then there is.... Any thoughts?
LOL!!! you only have to answer 2 of the 5 questions from section two, those 2 being the options you studied in class. hahahaha

jkli

HSC
N/A
wow .. you serious?

freehugs952

HSC
I loved the question on the elite lawn bowler and elite basketballer! that was awesome! lol

dean94

HSC
Wow ... How on earth do you make a mistake like that??

dean94

HSC
haven't we all? 14 booklets automatically makes me go :O especially since i didn't use any extra booklets and the most others in my school used was like 3? but i am intrigued as to how they wrote 14 booklets in like 2 hours or less.. like i really wanna know!
Exam was 3 hours... I wrote for 2 hours 50 minutes since I completed the MC within 10 minutes.. Like I've explained: I didn't use all 3 pages when I required an extra booklet, and I write really fast (Yes, it's legible :p). A lot of my friends did between 8-12 booklets as well :O Maybe we're just a lot more competitive than other schools

HSC
Exam was 3 hours... I wrote for 2 hours 50 minutes since I completed the MC within 10 minutes.. Like I've explained: I didn't use all 3 pages when I required an extra booklet, and I write really fast (Yes, it's legible :p). A lot of my friends did between 8-12 booklets as well :O Maybe we're just a lot more competitive than other schools
That's so ridiculous. The Board of Studies specifically states for health that the lines provided are a quideline to what they want. It's quality, not quantity. You're just going to piss markers off.

michaeljennings

HSC
That's so ridiculous. The Board of Studies specifically states for health that the lines provided are a quideline to what they want. It's quality, not quantity. You're just going to piss markers off.
Im interested in seeing how deano ends up going. Cos tbh I think 14 booklets is ridiculous but none of us have actually seen what he has written. For all we know all 14 booklets could be 100% relevant and be of high quality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)