General Thoughts: Physics (1 Viewer)

Drsoccerball

HSC
I used integration for more than one question LOL i got the answer but do i get marks

I97

HSC
Was not expecting such a tough exam after all the relatively straight forward ones in other subjects. MC was quite tough idk how i went there. Option (medical) was straightforward, core had some tough questions but hoping to have got through most of them correctly.

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
That was the best exam ever zzz for that velocity question all you need to do is 1/2 at^2 = d

Find t then times a

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
That question 20 tho... Needed to use trig identity got 60 degrees in the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CookieMan999

HSC
How did everyone answer the differences in work done by the two change in gravitational potential energy equations?

I just said Model X assumed a value for g at 9.8 which is not always accurate, but both equations gave similar results because Ep = mgh works at this relatively low-value altitude of 300km.

123ryoma12

HSC
Thoughts on the exam?

Age of silicon option topic was super easy.
zzz
velocity of electron
zzz
newtons laws
zzz
photoelectriceffect mc
zzz

ZZZ
LONG RESPONSES

EDIT: What were you expecting to get for physics (raw mark out of 100) before and now?

Pab

HSC
How did everyone answer the differences in work done by the two change in gravitational potential energy equations?

I just said Model X assumed a value for g at 9.8 which is not always accurate, but both equations gave similar results because Ep = mgh works at this relatively low-value altitude of 300km.
I did that too bb

apurba

HSC
For explaining why the website was wrong about the electron path, did we only have to say that it would be deflected towards the positive plate rather than negative? or was there more to it. I was really confused cos I didnt think that would be worth 3 marks?

Thjv

HSC
Model x assumes a uniform gravitational field, where acceleration due to gravity is assumed to be constant for every point in Earth's gravitational field (9.8m/s^2)

I calculated the value of g at an altitude of 200km above the Earth's surface using g = GM/r^2 which turned out to be around 9.2m/s^2 and stated that a 0.6m/s^2 difference is relatively small thus would not alter the values greatly

Sarthakgarg

HSC

I also said that the value for g was an average in model x, but I think I also said that in model Y, the radius of Earth was assumed to be average as well, as when the Earth spins it bulges at the Equator and flattens at the poles. I said they give similar results because in both cases, Ep relates to work done at the low altitude....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)